Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Let's talk about... everything else
carlos

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#31 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 am

anrix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am Not for nothing, but opp and vanq are acquired nearly at the same rate. Opp might seem like it takes longer because of all the down time waiting. But if your average wait time is 5 minutes, and the average game time is 10 minutes (as stated prior) and you are reward about 6 on average per game, that is about 24 per hour meaning it would take about 62 hours to get 1500 for the weapon. Lets say (and being very optimistic here) a keep siege lasts 1 hour on average and you are reward 18 vanqs per siege means it would take 83 hours to receive the same amount of vanqs.

I think the real issue here, is that invaders converts down into vanqs to make it able to be expedited, while opps does not have a higher token to convert down from.
I think you hit the nail here. The problem seem to be the waiting time for SC's to pop.
And if i might add, you are beeing more then "very optimistic" about keep siege :)
Starfkr

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#32 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:47 am
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 pm Oppressor should take a while that is the end gear of SCs, but a RR40-45 set and rr45 weapons shouldn't take you weeks to grind out when you can get the orvr equal gear in half the time or less.
Just make rr50 and you can convert opp emblems into 5 dom emblems to buy rr45 stuff pretty fast. 2 set pieces you can buy for gold as well.
I went with up to 100 emblems per evening to farm them but this was a time before this sc queue mess, where you could actually solo queue without waiting for an hour on the wrong class. Currently you need at best a full group to queue with reasonable time.
It's not so much the price but the extended queue times, which makes farming sc currency so time consuming.
I know you can convert oppressor into conq emblems that isn't the point. If T4 orvr didnt start as soon as you hit 16 i don't think we would be having as many complaints as we do about SCs.

Lets do it this way.

If i take a fresh 16 and level only through SCs (throwing out the window the que times) By the time i hit 40rr45 I still won't have enough emblems to be geared in full Dominator and weapons.

If i take a fresh 16 and do nothing but Orvr in warbands, by the time i hit 40rr45 I will have enough medals to get full conq and with the way bag rolls are i should more then likely have subj weapons.

Is this the same amount of time to get the Orvr gear or SC level gear for RR40-45, probably. But the difference is while leveling through orvr you are making progress medal wise towards semi decent gear once you get to 40. Scs you have to wait to hit rr40 before you can start getting emblems you need for the set. So if you leveled through SC only you would have merc at best by the time you hit 40 and even in this case you would still probably have to hit rr40 and get a few conq emblems to convert down to get the merc set.

Time zone also plays a role in how fast you can get sc gear as well. Late night NA the amount of SCs you get falls off greatly.
Trismack

carlos

Post#33 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Sry, accidentally double posted
Last edited by carlos on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starfkr

carlos

Post#34 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:32 pm

carlos wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:31 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:47 am
Just make rr50 and you can convert opp emblems into 5 dom emblems to buy rr45 stuff pretty fast. 2 set pieces you can buy for gold as well.
I went with up to 100 emblems per evening to farm them but this was a time before this sc queue mess, where you could actually solo queue without waiting for an hour on the wrong class. Currently you need at best a full group to queue with reasonable time.
It's not so much the price but the extended queue times, which makes farming sc currency so time consuming.
I know you can convert oppressor into conq emblems that isn't the point. If T4 orvr didnt start as soon as you hit 16 i don't think we would be having as many complaints as we do about SCs.

Lets do it this way.

If i take a fresh 16 and level only through SCs (throwing out the window the que times) By the time i hit 40rr45 I still won't have enough emblems to be geared in full Dominator and weapons.

If i take a fresh 16 and do nothing but Orvr in warbands, by the time i hit 40rr45 I will have enough medals to get full conq and with the way bag rolls are i should more then likely have subj weapons.

Is this the same amount of time to get the Orvr gear or SC level gear for RR40-45, probably. But the difference is while leveling through orvr you are making progress medal wise towards semi decent gear once you get to 40. Scs you have to wait to hit rr40 before you can start getting emblems you need for the set. So if you leveled through SC only you would have merc at best by the time you hit 40 and even in this case you would still probably have to hit rr40 and get a few conq emblems to convert down to get the merc set.

Time zone also plays a role in how fast you can get sc gear as well. Late night NA the amount of SCs you get falls off greatly.
True, though it would be so many more bigger issues. One of the issues would be zones with a population of 4 ppl (which 50% them would be in PvE) by not merging T2-T4.
There is a couple of threads that the issues already been discussed so the topic of this is done and done.
Starfkr

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#35 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm

I doubt the issue is the rewards. The worst experiences I had in retail were pugging a Tier 4 SC and getting pegged back at your spawn point by a double premade. Don’t get me wrong, I had some real fun times in tier 1 sc I remember too, but those bad memories of complete futility outshine them. When I started RoR very recently I decided I wouldn’t bother with SC play - if I wanted that style of arena pvp there lots of other mmos I could play where team balance is taken into account.

RvR is the best aspect of RoR. It is why the majority of us play. You could reward magic unicorn armour in Sc and free ice cream delivered to my door, and I’d personally still ignore them. High renown premades are still going to roflstomp, so they’d get to eat all the ice cream anyway.

My opinion of course and I may be speaking out of ignorance. But I’d look more at boosting the fun quotient rather than rewards in SC.

Maybe something drastic like doubling xp/rr and earning a title, but limiting them to mini tournaments events - 1 specific scenario open for only one week out of every two/four, and rotating through the calendar. Reduce the availability and the desire to play them could maybe go up. /shrug

My 2 coins (for the Raven Gawd)
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Akalukz

Post#36 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm I doubt the issue is the rewards. The worst experiences I had in retail were pugging a Tier 4 SC and getting pegged back at your spawn point by a double premade. Don’t get me wrong, I had some real fun times in tier 1 sc I remember too, but those bad memories of complete futility outshine them. When I started RoR very recently I decided I wouldn’t bother with SC play - if I wanted that style of arena pvp there lots of other mmos I could play where team balance is taken into account.

RvR is the best aspect of RoR. It is why the majority of us play. You could reward magic unicorn armour in Sc and free ice cream delivered to my door, and I’d personally still ignore them. High renown premades are still going to roflstomp, so they’d get to eat all the ice cream anyway.

My opinion of course and I may be speaking out of ignorance. But I’d look more at boosting the fun quotient rather than rewards in SC.

Maybe something drastic like doubling xp/rr and earning a title, but limiting them to mini tournaments events - 1 specific scenario open for only one week out of every two/four, and rotating through the calendar. Reduce the availability and the desire to play them could maybe go up. /shrug

My 2 coins (for the Raven Gawd)
A lot here to consider.
-= Agony =-

Nefarian78

Post#37 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:02 am

carlos wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:50 am MY group will ever go back to IC/Altdorf just for those quests. What about adding a scenario quest giver in every Warcamp? Maybe then, people will actually be able to turn in those quests
FTFY
Truth is any competitive 6man group doesn't go back to IC after every scenario wasting a ton of time just to get a couple of medalions instead of farming contrib and renown in the zones.

You're free to waste yours and your groupmates time and slow down their progress if you want to. It's not my business, but go away with the FTFY. You are the exception to the rule, not the other way around.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Flavorburst

Post#38 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:17 am

anrix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am Not for nothing, but opp and vanq are acquired nearly at the same rate. Opp might seem like it takes longer because of all the down time waiting. But if your average wait time is 5 minutes, and the average game time is 10 minutes (as stated prior) and you are reward about 6 on average per game, that is about 24 per hour meaning it would take about 62 hours to get 1500 for the weapon. Lets say (and being very optimistic here) a keep siege lasts 1 hour on average and you are reward 18 vanqs per siege means it would take 83 hours to receive the same amount of vanqs.

I think the real issue here, is that invaders converts down into vanqs to make it able to be expedited, while opps does not have a higher token to convert down from.
This is horrendous math.

First off: you are assuming a 100% win rate with those numbers, which is absolutely absurd to even suggest. A 50% win rate would be more reasonable, which DOUBLES the amount of time you are proposing.

Second: You completely discount the ability to acquire bags in ORvR, which can shave WILD amounts of time off of gearing up.

You can literally get 1 purple bag and get a near BiS weapon on some classes. No 1500 dom grind, no 1500 opp grind, just 1 keep take that you don't even really need to participate in.

You can get vanq set drops from gold bags, which can shave HUNDREDS of tokens off your total.

Third: As you stated, you can convert invaders to vanqs, which you are awarded 4-6 just for showing up in a fort.

The idea that the vanq grind and the opp grind are "nearly the same" is so fantastical, I can only assume you have never done it.

Ads
carlos

Post#39 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:21 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:02 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:50 am MY group will ever go back to IC/Altdorf just for those quests. What about adding a scenario quest giver in every Warcamp? Maybe then, people will actually be able to turn in those quests
FTFY
Truth is any competitive 6man group doesn't go back to IC after every scenario wasting a ton of time just to get a couple of medalions instead of farming contrib and renown in the zones.

You're free to waste yours and your groupmates time and slow down their progress if you want to. It's not my business, but go away with the FTFY. You are the exception to the rule, not the other way around.
I think you are wrong. Looking at, probably the most known 6-man SC group who streams, Iconic, they did it all the time (before they had them all).
Starfkr

Nefarian78

Post#40 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:41 am

carlos wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:21 pm
Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:02 am

FTFY

I think you are wrong. Looking at, probably the most known 6-man SC group who streams, Iconic, they did it all the time (before they had them all).
You honestly think ICONIC is a competitive 6man group? Well, okay then
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.