Recent Topics

Ads

Coordinated Strike nerf (WL)

Let's talk about... everything else
balvor877
Suspended

Coordinated Strike nerf (WL)

Post#1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:40 pm

That ability is class defining. It was a burst we needed to finish off healers. It's garbage now.

All WLs have is front load damage and some gap closer. That's it. It was fine for a long time and now you nerf it? Come on...

That was really unnecessary...

/rant off

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Coordinated Strike nerf (WL)

Post#2 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:49 pm

balvor877 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:40 pm That ability is class defining. It was a burst we needed to finish off healers. It's garbage now.

All WLs have is front load damage and some gap closer. That's it. It was fine for a long time and now you nerf it? Come on...

That was really unnecessary...

/rant off
Afaik the recent patch had a buff.
Dying is no option.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:56 pm

hmm, it says:

White Lion:
- Coordinated Strike now use a stat contribution scale of 1.

I think 1 was the old value. They reduced it to 0.75 if I remember correctly.

It feels weaker now. Does anybody have some old and new numbers?

Ysaran

Post#4 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Oh god, just search the old patch before to post. Prior the last patches the contribution of the strength was 1.5, then they lowered it to 0.75 and then today they heightened it to 1.
So if you now feel that CS is weaker is definitely a bias, because now is stronger.
Zputadenti

balvor877
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm Oh god, just search the old patch before to post. Prior the last patches the contribution of the strength was 1.5, then they lowered it to 0.75 and then today they heightened it to 1.
So if you now feel that CS is weaker is definitely a bias, because now is stronger.
well, that explains it. 1.5 to 0.75 and now 1.0.

So they nerfed it from 1.5 to 1.0 right now. How is that stronger in any way?

CS hits like a wet noodle now. I hope you are happy now. What's the next love patch for destro? Im curious to see.

zupaH

Post#6 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 pm

You should probably get that stick up your ass looked at, for thinking that WL didn't need some sort of nerf.
Sure, they didn't have to nerf CS, since their mobility and CC along with the burst is what defines the class, but it was still justified. It's been one of the strongest classes for a long time in every type of group(or solo) apart from WB.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

Manatikik

Post#7 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:16 am

zupaH wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 pm You should probably get that stick up your ass looked at, for thinking that WL didn't need some sort of nerf.
Sure, they didn't have to nerf CS, since their mobility and CC along with the burst is what defines the class, but it was still justified. It's been one of the strongest classes for a long time in every type of group(or solo) apart from WB.
I think the silliest part is that to ‘compensate’ they buffed the DoTs.
<Montague><Capulet>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:16 am
zupaH wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 pm You should probably get that stick up your ass looked at, for thinking that WL didn't need some sort of nerf.
It wasn't really to compensate, just that the dots were underperforming due to how they took weapon dps into consideration, which was implemented differently than most other dots for some reason unknown. Sometimes when you dig into a class you find discrepancies, and it made sense to clean that up as well.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:15 am

Nerf the poorly designed all or nothing ST kill someone in 3 seconds or run-away frontload damage and improve their DoTs for some better sustained damage

Makes sense to me

Manatikik

Post#10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:08 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:15 am
Nerf the poorly designed all or nothing ST kill someone in 3 seconds or run-away frontload damage and improve their DoTs for some better sustained damage

Makes sense to me
Except the class isn't based around DoT's and would require an entire rework to make it so. It is, however, based around a 10s Cd Front-loaded burst rotation that's biggest weakness is that a majority of its damage goes away once you kill its Pet. The pet damage needed to be scaled back but besides that WL is powerful but not OP; people just don't want to have to be proactive in their gameplay to combat enemies' strengths.
<Montague><Capulet>