Recent Topics

Ads

Faction lockout timer

Let's talk about... everything else
TiberiusD

Faction lockout timer

Post#1 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:06 am

Hello!

I played some forts since borders were removed and i have to admit i never saw that amount of players switching sides in favor for the winning faction. I's a very big dissadvantage for people commited to one faction and if you ask me is kinda disappointing when you see half of your warband or even full warbands switching sides.

Now here comes my question. What do you think? Will a 24h lockout / faction be good? I mean this will prevent people to switch faction for next 24h in which you can get aroud 4-5 forts (maybe). There will be also a difference in scenarios and T2-T4 keeps.

I posted this question here to discuss it and i think this change will have a good impact on crossrealming problem

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Faction lockout timer

Post#2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:56 am

we have a lockout for switching to the dominating side since some time ago, if its not working correctly then BT it with as good information as possible.

Lithenir

Post#3 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 am

TiberiusD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:06 am Hello!

I played some forts since borders were removed and i have to admit i never saw that amount of players switching sides in favor for the winning faction. I's a very big dissadvantage for people commited to one faction and if you ask me is kinda disappointing when you see half of your warband or even full warbands switching sides.

Now here comes my question. What do you think? Will a 24h lockout / faction be good? I mean this will prevent people to switch faction for next 24h in which you can get aroud 4-5 forts (maybe). There will be also a difference in scenarios and T2-T4 keeps.

I posted this question here to discuss it and i think this change will have a good impact on crossrealming problem
My question is simple. How sure are you that they are switching sides? Yesterday in a fortress I had like 8 crashes, and many others players also. So it became kind of normal that in a fortress warbands get half empty.

Kellanved

Post#4 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:50 pm

24h lockout? Best joke today. Seriously you think that blocking people from playing for entire DAY is best idea to fix anything?
Before making states that peope xrealm in mass for winning side think about factors. As we know to gain reward u need to participate active in stage 2 and build contribution. So people that swaped during this few minutes will barely have enough time to contribute in anyway. Specialy when one side dominates and flag swaps are super rare. Also in forts u can have a realy high numbers of crashing. Yes, even half of wb can crash during fort with 200+ people in. Also people are quiters. If they see they are losing they leave wb and afk in spawn/some far away spot. Also people are less interested in defence because contribution system is sometimes completly broken and even after proper defence they leave fort with nothing. For example: I was leading defence wb in BP once. We won. Door was 100% at end of fort. We killed 2x more than order. We took flags. In my party was person with best kb ratio in fort. We got nothing for it. Quite demotivating.
And going back to 24h lockout madness... Simple situation: You play as member of one side, your friends log in on second side and ask u for pve run. So what now? Sorry guys but i play X and we can go after 24h? Ridiculus.
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH

jasonX
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:03 pm

The solution is simple. Put a 3 hour debuff on people switching sides regarding forts only. That debuf should negate all contribution in the fort to people that have switched sides in the past 3 hours.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Grock

Post#6 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 am My question is simple. How sure are you that they are switching sides? Yesterday in a fortress I had like 8 crashes, and many others players also. So it became kind of normal that in a fortress warbands get half empty.
i have been on multiple fail forts where that happened, halfway through people just start leaving the WB
someone in chat always starts whining about xrealmers

yet every time i check zonepop the population remains either the same, or slowly increases with new people joining the battle on both sides
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

RuffRyder

No restriction is no solution either

Post#7 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 pm

To be fair, while in most cases the xrealm whining is just a subjective conclusion for actual annoyance, in latest cases since forts are open for all some were pretty obvious.

A few days ago, after progressing through T4 and with overwhelming numbers opening fort, between the edge zone lock and stage 2 the population switched from roughly 120 vs 90 in favor of the attackers to 80 vs 120. No one loses contribution this way.

It's been end of EU prime almost midnight, so pretty obvious people logged off, too, but hard to imagine those numbers not being linked to each other.

With reservations this would not have happened, although I like jumping into an open fort spontaneously whenever I can.

Xrealmers will find a way, while the RoR team technically with client control has a bunch of possibilities to identify and block it, and the xrealmers will find another way to avoid being blocked.

With RoRs population faction restrictions don't make sense, full stop.
Therefore the restriction of contribution and roll would make sense, to reduce this incentive of taking advantage at least a bit, if possible, because I believe the foremost incentive for xrealming are gear rewards.

2c
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Nosun

Post#8 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Something has to be done i honestly like to play both sides and i actually prefer playing Order but why would i not switch to destro when its fort time and so i can have a 50 plus number advantage. I do stay on order half the time but its a sure loss when you are outnumbered by 2 plus warbands. Its really not even fun to switch and play destro for an easy win because there is no challenge at all. I have only been playing a couple months but orvr seems totally broken in that you can switch sides and join a huge zerg any time you want with no penalty so of course people do it.

Ads
Grock

Post#9 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Nosun wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:31 pmyou can switch sides and join a huge zerg any time you want with no penalty so of course people do it.
and get what? reduced kill rewards because malus and being spread among bunch of people?
there's already multiple features made to encourage players that play both sides to switch to underdog when populations are bad

btw at some point there was some special extra 50% renown gain buff for 1hr after switching frm zerg side to AAO side, has it been removed? i haven't seen it proc in months...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Wuu

Post#10 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:29 am

Just to put my 2 coppers in.
Today I was in a fort where Order/Destro was +/- 10 players to start. After about 20 minutes of fighting at stage two and we ( Order) are stalemated at the gates, Destro has a +100 on Order. That is not all due to crashes or more Destro coming to defend. +100 swing is a significant portion of the server population in one zone in a 20 minute period.