Recent Topics

Ads

ICONIC to the devs

Let's talk about... everything else
Unstoppable1776
Banned

ICONIC to the devs

Post#1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Great city siege last night. Lots of fun! It worked a lot better than I expected. If we could do this once a week until it goes live that would be awesome.

Additionally, I liked max Queue being 6 people. This prevents a total stomp from a wb. Unless you can have separate wb Queues, and then the rest.

Keep up the good work

-ICONIC

Ads
toffikx

Re: ICONIC to the devs

Post#2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:31 pm
Additionally, I liked max Queue being 6 people. This prevents a total stomp from a wb. Unless you can have separate wb Queues, and then the rest.
This.

Direbloodykiller

Post#3 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 am

toffikx wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:31 pm
This.
"This" is totaly wrong. City Sieges is end game content for RvR which is equal to warband play with medallions as currency, not solo/group play (there is scenarios for that kind of fetish) that grants you emblems.

wonshot

Post#4 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am

I mean I can totally see why a 6man guild would want this ,but this sort of content is meant for larger pvp than 6man play. I totally respect some players want to play other brackets then I perfer, but trying to make city instances more 6man friendly just seems greedy when you got the whole scenario world as your playground while being able to skinnydip in orvr aswel for 6man playstyle.

City sieges being 36v36 instance fighting means than even if you get matched against a full premade warband, you can still get lucky and get a decent couple of 6mans on your own side, or even an organized warband along your 6man team. so the 36number is kinda working in your favor regardless instead of it being 24v24 based :)

Welcome back though
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:21 am

Direbloodykiller wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 am "This" is totaly wrong. City Sieges is end game content for RvR which is equal to warband play with medallions as currency, not solo/group play (there is scenarios for that kind of fetish) that grants you emblems.
To farm wins with full bomb warbands against pugs? With group size MM you have at least some chance to get interesting sieges and you can still try to get multiple groups of your warband into the same instance.
Dying is no option.

toffikx

Post#6 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:21 am
Direbloodykiller wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 am "This" is totaly wrong. City Sieges is end game content for RvR which is equal to warband play with medallions as currency, not solo/group play (there is scenarios for that kind of fetish) that grants you emblems.
To farm wins with full bomb warbands against pugs? With group size MM you have at least some chance to get interesting sieges and you can still try to get multiple groups of your warband into the same instance.
I know some people on the server would very much want to sit in their default warbands during city sieges, farm pugs all day and get the best gear in the process. If it’s doable, you could have a 24v24 version of City sieges in which whole warbands could quque for (those that ”really” want the fights, not the pug farming). And then there could be a more ”laid back” XvX version, with quque like this for example.

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:55 am

I agree that the 6-men system is more suitable for city sieges, as it is an instance mirrors. if you allow people to enter the mirror with whole warbands, then situations may arise where the pug's warband without healers will play against the premade PnP / 7 WB, and those and others on the forum will then whine. some about the fact that nothing can be done and they cannot receive any awards. others about the fact that it’s not interesting to play pvé in a pvp game on city sieges. so it’s better to create instances from ready premades, or random players of the right class(2-2-2) and level, so that the power of one side is approximately equal to the power of the other. then it will be interesting fights 24vs24, 36vs36 and so on.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Direbloodykiller

Post#8 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:57 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:21 am
read what bombling wrote above. solo and small scale already have "their arena", let the warband have their.
i would like to add, im writing this a solo/small scale player, not trying to force something for my own benefit. this doesn't seem to be applicable for you or the tragic op.

Ads
Jeliel80

Post#9 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm

First of all not allowing wb shouldn't be even on discussion, then I'd make it 24v24 (though 36v36 is okish).
Naturally pair wb premades against wb premades.
And, I don't think I'm talking just about myself/myguild, but organized wb have been waiting for this a long time...

Or maybe we should force only solo queue for everything, how would you feel about it? No, right?! :D
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Arbich
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:39 pm

I agree, either make it 24vs24 and wb-requirement to join or let it be as it is with max 6 ppl to queue. I would prefer the latter. I mean even the wb-experts should acknowledge that the city layout and mechanic doesn't favour the usual open-rvr warband play (means favours their playstyle to much and would result in boring and repetitive gameplay)
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM