Recent Topics

Ads

Scenarios (in)balance

Let's talk about... everything else
Bart85

Scenarios (in)balance

Post#1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:18 am

Hello,
I am writing from the order perspective ; I have no any hard data (like %) but I am almost sure that Order is losing scenarios most time in not-peak hours, and many Times (70% ? maybe more/less ?) in peak time. I am writing about 40r scenarios. This is happening so many times that honestly, starting to get boring. I undestand that ROR is mostly rvr game, but scenarios are first and most important way of leveling for new players and geting renown.
I would be more than happy for any kind of statitics data from devs - if it is possible, and feedback from the other players - it is possbile that this is just my bad luck with many repetitions ;)
Cheers - B.

Ads
Acidic

Re: Scenarios (in)balance

Post#2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 am

Think from the statistics of this type of thread we get;
Equal number of posters Destro and order losing SC and RVR

So looks like we truly have a three sided fight where neither Destro or order win and that elusive third side is well over powered.

On a more serious note make a proper team, get comms and start to play properly and you will find that things change

Bart85

Post#3 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 am

Well, sure when you got group and comms it is changing - especially when other side do not have it ;), but I am writing only about PUGs scenarios - where there is non pre composed group and comms, and still would be more than thankfull if devs have any kind of statistic of loss/win ratio and time windows.

Acidic

Post#4 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:55 am

Bart85 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 am Well, sure when you got group and comms it is changing - especially when other side do not have it ;), but I am writing only about PUGs scenarios - where there is non pre composed group and comms, and still would be more than thankfull if devs have any kind of statistic of loss/win ratio and time windows.
As said both sides post this type of thread on a relatively common topic

Bart85

Post#5 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Ok, I understand Your point, but still ; if this what You are writing is right - the statistics will just show it, and than I, or similar to me can, be given a link and be asked to shut up :). I belive this data exist in game, or can be easy scripted to collect it.
Nevertheless - I had a break for a couple of months playing PUG scenerio here in ROR (also r40+ than), and about 6 months before comfort of playing was lot higher to me. Sometimes I was winning, sometimes was losing, now it is just well - boring to have te same result again and again.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:44 pm

We will likely never know as we only have anecdotal evidence.

If destro wins more, its because they deserve it. They have way more tanks, melee, and healers. Most Order pugs are undergeared RDPS who couldn’t kill a Gunbad mob let alone enemy players with guards and heals.

The main thing Order can do is play tanks, healers, and melee. Additionally, for whatever reason Destros ST Sorc players seem to be much better than Orders fire clown parade. Though this mat be due to Order having no guard, heals, or melee pressure.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Twohandernoob

Post#7 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Just so we're clear whenever you are in a scenario you lose 70% of the time?

There's no point discussing realm sc balance, as others have pointed out all losing PUGS think their realm is weak. It's much more likely the PUG.

On live for the most part I played a chosen and (anecdotally) it helped destro win the sc.

At the end of the live and on RoR I play witch hunters and I'm pretty sure when I join a scenario we become more likely to lose :lol:

oaliaen

Post#8 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Destro have a very well balanced composition of toons...Tanks, Healers , Dps. In other hand order loves to sit on rocks and shoot. So, how you gonna win like this.

Ads
Vri

Post#9 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Acidic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 am Think from the statistics of this type of thread we get;
Equal number of posters Destro and order losing SC and RVR

So looks like we truly have a three sided fight where neither Destro or order win and that elusive third side is well over powered.

On a more serious note make a proper team, get comms and start to play properly and you will find that things change
I knew it ! … a third army is on this server. :shock: It those damned Devs and the server :o !

Bart85

Post#10 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Twohandernoob => I was not counting with pencil and paper ;), but for example yesterday : after playing about 3 h - only sc, always order pug. We have won about 3 times, counting (+/-) 15 min per scenario it will be 12 games, 3 wins, 9 loose, it will be 75% loosing rate. It could be 11 scenarios, or 13 - I was not counting it, but at the end it will be slight loosing % difference.