Recent Topics

Ads

WHY nerf Runefang???

Let's talk about... everything else
normanis

Re: WHY nerf Runefang???

Post#21 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 am
normanis wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:37 pm also on live there was not such heresy as dps gear for healers
I guess you forgot everything about live?
cant remmeber therw as duelist/mercenary/dominator gear in live. sc was only for weapons. byt i can be wrong
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Foltestik

Post#22 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 am

normanis wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am
normanis wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:37 pm also on live there was not such heresy as dps gear for healers
cant remmeber therw as duelist/mercenary/dominator gear in live. sc was only for weapons. byt i can be wrong
almost all gear from RvR till warlord (if i remember corect) was same kind of DPS or Hybrid

synthrocker

Post#23 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Cornerback wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 am
Ototo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:44 am Well, that's over the top too. I just can't help but think why. Cause 15% more damage received is no where close to -20% incoming healing. Hell, even 5% more damage is bad. I would take the drawback of the Chosen any day. Even a worse one, but in healing. Incoming damage is too much punishing, and will never be slotted unless that you are suicidal, stupid, or so overwhelming OP that you no longer care about survivality.
True. It is SO bad, it makes Focused Offense look good :D
You’ve essentially taken the ONLY thing the knight is good at when it comes to be able to kill in RvR- simply put; the war of attrition— and nerfed it. No matter the spec even 2H, a knight will never be able to DPS as high as any other tank or dps (don’t look at fluff SC damage; fluff is fluff is fluff.

My 71 knight has 4.6k armor, far under 0% chance to be crit, and 900 toughness and still get hit relatively hard by other tanks, something a knight won’t be able to do. Now you make a tactic make him take more damage, take away his AP and not heal as high as chosen aura- based on “mirroring” the chosen bs, and then taking away a tactic that gives you a large defensive boost to come comparable to other tanks is a bad update.

All around bad choices
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

oaliaen

Post#24 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 pm

You guys are crazy ... Kotb gained ini and toughness , how would he supposed to take more damage?

synthrocker

Post#25 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:41 pm

oaliaen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 pm You guys are crazy ... Kotb gained ini and toughness , how would he supposed to take more damage?
Uhhh.. have you looked at the actual update? You have to spec runefang now and mighty soul that make you TAKE 15% MORE damage is now core.... that’s how. Runefang is junk now, specially with how high it is to spec it.

So KOTBS gained nothing but a nerf bat
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter

Sulorie

Post#26 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:11 pm

normanis wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am
There were no sc armor sets, just weapons but several sets or combinations were useable by dd healers. Sham/AM had it easy, they were finished armor-wise with 4 Invader and 2 Conq until Sovereign set got released.
Dying is no option.

roadkillrobin

Post#27 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm

There were offensive AND defensive sets of Worn sov all the way up to Warpforged. You got them as City rewards or bougt em with RVR tokens.

Prior to this you had combinations of 2-3 set from Anahilator and up + PVE sets were you stacked 2 peice bonuses, normally Tough or Wounds + STR, from 3 different sets and a combination of talismans that gave you something that was called the 800x3 build. 800 STR, TOU and Wounds which was a meta build for 2 hander tanks for a long time. All tanks could do this.

Direbloodykiller

Post#28 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:19 pm

synthrocker wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:41 pm
oaliaen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 pm You guys are crazy ... Kotb gained ini and toughness , how would he supposed to take more damage?
Uhhh.. have you looked at the actual update? You have to spec runefang now and mighty soul that make you TAKE 15% MORE damage is now core.... that’s how. Runefang is junk now, specially with how high it is to spec it.

you gotta be the only one in years that even give a slightest damned about the white noise coming out from oaliaens corner

Ads
synthrocker

Post#29 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Direbloodykiller wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:19 pm
synthrocker wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:41 pm

you gotta be the only one in years that even give a slightest damned about the white noise coming out from oaliaens corner
:lol: that’s fair. After playing for years, just started posting to the forum so I don’t know who’s dumb enough to just ignore haha. Started posting cause the order nerfs are getting ridiculous 😂
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter

Detangler

Post#30 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:54 pm

Hmmm, the career builder must be off, cause it says knight heal aura gives 132 over 3 seconds. The chosen one isn't right but i know it's barely any HP gained at all. How much more hp does the chosen aura actually give? Because right now chosen aura gives such a pitifully low amount that it's not worth using in pretty much every situation save solo pve farming.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable