Recent Topics

Ads

Questions from a newbie.

Let's talk about... everything else
TalkingPie

Questions from a newbie.

Post#1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:53 pm

So I wanted to get back into playing MMORPGs again, not being able to afford WoW Classic at this moment began looking up which games are still relevant, unfortunatly I get the same answers I would've gotten a few years ago, and again none but EVE online (which I heard was pretty difficult to get into) peaked my interest; so I roamed for a bit until I found out Warhammer Online had been closed down by a friend of mine who used to really enjoy the game disapointed I googled it to find out what happened and then found this place (silverlining eh?) I decided I'll play this w/ him and as he gets into games quicker than I do and has more dedication than myself (I'll usually find the slightest flaw then push everyone to quit with me for some unknown reason) decided to get a head start so I can actually enjoy the end game content as opposed to just leveling to Max level not being bothered to gear up my character then do the same again until I was burnt out completely.

I'll probably be playing all of the greenskin classes as I like them the best. (race wise).

I have a few questions regarding Warhammer Return Of Reckoning:

- What is the max level and how long will it take me to get there? is it viable to beable to run more than two characters for instance or will I have to narrow it down?

- What is the PVP like? / What is the PVE like? (I'll probably be exclusively PVPing)

- How long will it take me to get half decent at PVP?

- Is their a way that I can view all of the different classes Builds/Gear/Etc so I can study the game?

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Questions from a newbie.

Post#2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Welcome to Return of Reckoning!

1) Max Career Level is 40, you will get that with 1-3 weeks, ofc depends how much time you spend and what you do. Fastest way to level Career Rank is doin quests, mob grind and public quests. Though Warhammer Online is not that good when it comes to PvE content. The other Rank is Renown Rank, which you gain by doing RvR(PvP). OpenRvR Locations or in Scenarios( Instanced Battlegrounds), This Rank can go to 100+ in theory, but you will probably never reach 100 even. The End game gear is currently for Renown Rank 70 iirc, theres more coming ofc. Getting Renown Rank to 40-50 isn't that much work when you do some regular RvR and Scenarios, after that it will be a lot slower and iirc there are only 3 players who have more than Renown Rank 90, which requires like huge amounts of time playing it for years :)

edit: Yeah its viable to do more than 1 character, So you can learn more and see which playstyles you like more. Theres also benefit for doing Proffessions. You can have 2 proffesions on your character at once, but proffesions can use 2 gathering skills to be more usable. So having 1 character to have different gathering skill can yield more materials for crafting

2) PvP is the thing where Warhammer Online Shines. at Level 1-15 you are in Tier 1 zones, Doing fighting against the other realm in the RvR lakes, Simple fights, Capturing Battlefield Objectives and Bringing the Supplies it creates to your Faction Warcamp until Locking the zone and moving the next one. There are also Scenarios(battlegrounds) where you can Queue up to Fight for Objectives. At Rank 16 you will be Dropped into the Tier 4, to fight against the Lvl40's, you will ofc get boosted stats to help you out with that. In T4 you capture the Battlefield Objectives same way in T1 but to be able to lock the zone for your realm you also need to Capture the Enemy Keep, using Rams and so on. Scenarios(Battlegrounds) have from lvl16 to 39 separate bracket for people to fight in.

PvE isn't that fully fledged in Warhammer Online. That being said, there are Public Quests with nice rewards and many dungeons for nice loot also.

3)Hard to answer. If learn your abilities, check your combat log, ask other peoples advice you can be pretty good at like lvl8 in tier 1 already, ofc theres not that much abilities then but people against you dont have much either. As for tier 4, you will probably be a cannon fodder if you enter it at lvl16, but if you stick to Warbands(Big groups) you can grind your levels up quite fast and still be useful before reaching higher levels.

4) https://builder.returnofreckoning.com
You can also check some of the older videos of TheZarbix about Class builds or join his livestreams and ask questions and watch him how to play the game :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqVtOW ... XG5k8lF9dQ

Hope it helps a bit and Enjoy the War!
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Wam

Re: Questions from a newbie.

Post#3 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 pm

TalkingPie wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:53 pm So I wanted to get back into playing MMORPGs again, not being able to afford WoW Classic at this moment began looking up which games are still relevant, unfortunatly I get the same answers I would've gotten a few years ago, and again none but EVE online (which I heard was pretty difficult to get into) peaked my interest; so I roamed for a bit until I found out Warhammer Online had been closed down by a friend of mine who used to really enjoy the game disapointed I googled it to find out what happened and then found this place (silverlining eh?) I decided I'll play this w/ him and as he gets into games quicker than I do and has more dedication than myself (I'll usually find the slightest flaw then push everyone to quit with me for some unknown reason) decided to get a head start so I can actually enjoy the end game content as opposed to just leveling to Max level not being bothered to gear up my character then do the same again until I was burnt out completely.

I'll probably be playing all of the greenskin classes as I like them the best. (race wise).

I have a few questions regarding Warhammer Return Of Reckoning:

- What is the max level and how long will it take me to get there? is it viable to beable to run more than two characters for instance or will I have to narrow it down?

- What is the PVP like? / What is the PVE like? (I'll probably be exclusively PVPing)

- How long will it take me to get half decent at PVP?

- Is their a way that I can view all of the different classes Builds/Gear/Etc so I can study the game?
40 is max rank... rr 80 is best renown rank where you get bonus stats, can go up to rr100+ for fancy dyes for those who play only one class alot lol.

PVP depends on your Level, and also time of day is big factor... if you are EU primetime or are NA primetime etc... EU population is alot bigger so its more "zergy" and NA primetime its less population and more "roam/skirmishing friendly" so you can run pretty much whatever during NA time without much loss.

Also you can always use state of realm to go to less populated zones if you wish, and also you can Que and just do scenarios, or "ranked" scenarios eventually if thats your thing... or some people can just be stuck in t1 forever rerolling everytime they out level it if thats their cup of tea...

PVE... I would say grindy, easier for veterans, semi off putting for new players... if you want dungeons etc... then there is gunbad / city instances / bastions etc... But even though gunbad as been nerfed and made easier, its kinda challenging for a lowbie / inexperienced player and especially bad group... there is 3 wings should be less than a hour per a wing... (you need to get the armour (gives wards, so then you can wear gear from the next dungeon and so on) some people find it hard to find teams for 2-2-2 setup (2 tank, 2 dps, 2 healer... should try useing some pve discord channels that maybe new people dont know exist or dont bother to use))

Half decent in pvp compared to what? compared to the usual pug player? then you are pretty much already better by asking for advice... too many are brain dead and play like zombie with no thought and run into oil every single damn time on keep siege... and also do not use their core mechanics too busy complaining about how the other side is op, or they are half way across the map away from their warband leader being silent trying not to get attention...

if you are a tank, learn how to guard, and guard swap during combat, and hold the line with shield, and just build yourself tanky, then knowing how to use your CC (knockdown, knockback) and abilities to protect team, and build your gear/tactics to help support this... if you are black ork you have bad chance to be crit base... so improve futile strikes early on with your renown, slot some ini, and work on evasion % (block,parry, dodge, disrupt etc) and work on positioning and reading of situations

if you are healer, if you aoe heal spam all the time you are better than most healers with slow reactions in too many pug groups (not all but most, its easy to spot the good ones as they actually play their class and it makes a difference)

dps is a little bit more effort to be half decent at, as its more gear orientated also (snb tank in ruin/conq can be slightly competitive... healer in anni/conq can be slightly competetive) dps needs a mix of gears and more renown / crit usually as it needs to compete vs other high level dps... but again it depends on who or what you compare yourself too...

you can view armoury on this website and sort by renown each class and check what high renown players are wearing ... but just because someone as the most renown doesnt mean that they are the best, just longest played... but its good to compare and contrast until you find something you think will suit you and your style of play. Builds you can also search the forums and maybe ask for some feedback, some people have difference of opinion, although some classes should have some universal builds with core tactics and skills to be honest.

I made a pug guide awhile ago, not sure how dated it will be, but some solid information should remain...

I.e getting tome unlock jewlery, the winds set when you are in t4 is generally good for new/fresh players pre or post genesis jewlery...

oh i would also look into downloading / fixing ADD ONs and user interface to make game alot better.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]