Recent Topics

Ads

Altdorf 1: 1/20/2020 City Siege Bug

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Altdorf 1: 1/20/2020 City Siege Bug

Post#1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:52 pm

During this instance today we started with 24 v. 24. After about half an hour, when we were beating destro, approximately two more warbands joined the instance and we got steamrolled by like 70 dest to our 24 Order in Stage 1. Clearly the population control is broken.

Additionally, the Dest players continued playing through the rest of the stages in what was obviously a cakewalk for the remaining 40 minutes. Needless to say exploiting a bug like this was low class and a shameful display by the other team but what can one do when playing Order except collect pity medallions for your time.

I took screenshots and will upload them when I have time, just wanted to make sure to post about this bug.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Shooshpanzerer

Re: Altdorf 1: 1/20/2020 City Siege Bug

Post#2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 am

30 mins you say? Probably when we finished our instance (Altdorf 4) it broke up. Can't be sure, but worth checking.

bctakhy

Post#3 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 am

atleast u got a pop. Our WB w8ed on que all time till time gone without a pop :cry:

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 am

bctakhy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 am atleast u got a pop. Our WB w8ed on que all time till time gone without a pop :cry:
You split wb into 2 12mans?
Dying is no option.

xarax

Post#5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 am

well you cant decide which instance to enter, so how is this a destro fault? and don't tell me that order would have left the instance when they found out, that they outnumbered destro...
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Blasio

Post#6 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am

xarax wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 am well you cant decide which instance to enter, so how is this a destro fault? and don't tell me that order would have left the instance when they found out, that they outnumbered destro...
I dont want to fall into moralising but I think he meant 70 is quite a number and noone had the right mind to think that it is exploitation of a bug.

Also I suggest to move this topic from the general discussion and report the issue at the Bug tracker.

Wam

Post#7 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 am

Cities are still in test phase

there is various bugs/glitches on both sides... giving feedback on them will help resolve for future

I highly doubt that people intentionally exploited this... because it is out of their control as player over which instance they join... they just get pop up and join...

is it a shame your instance got ruined? yes but blame the system more than the player at the moment, as its a work in progress and kinks need to be ironed out... the more it gets used, over time will get better.

Some players maybe took advantage or not of the situation, but probably didn't gain much... I wouldnt label all with same brush, and remember some of them might of been first time and they had no idea what is right/wrong and the circumstance they find themselves in... lots of players are totally oblivious to their surroundings in this game.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]