Recent Topics

Ads

ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Let's talk about... everything else
Sofong

ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Post#1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:07 am

and of top 100 theres 25 destro exactly 1/4 ratio, is it normal?
Last edited by Sofong on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Detangler

Re: ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Post#2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:26 am

It's too early to make any deductions on which side is overtuned in 6v6 via this score. That being said, SW and WL are way more useful here than in oRvR, so I'd expect order to perform better than people are used to in other battle types.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Manatikik

Post#3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 am

Detangler wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:26 am It's too early to make any deductions on which side is overtuned in 6v6 via this score. That being said, SW and WL are way more useful here than in oRvR, so I'd expect order to perform better than people are used to in other battle types.

You also have to take into account that Destro has better carry potential classes. But the biggest thing is this is still all a test and doesnt matter how heavy one side is cause 95% of it will be players on the side.
<Montague><Capulet>

Flavorburst

Post#4 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:05 am

OP legitimately believes that 30-50 games is a good data set.

Only on RoR.

Samejima

Post#5 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:23 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 am You also have to take into account that Destro has better carry potential classes.
I'm not trying to contradict you, I'm genuinely curious--which classes? And do you mean better carry potential in optimized 6v6 setups or in ranked solo?

I've healed both sides in a fair number of matches now, and when I'm playing my Runepriest there simply aren't any Destruction classes that I find consistently intimidating to play against. There are individual players (a select few WEs, DPS DoKs and BGs) who I can tell are really skilled, they can secure kills, don't die the second a Slayer looks at them, etc. When I see them I know it's going to be a tough match...but even they seem to have trouble carrying consistently.

On the other hand, it feels like every WL/Slayer/ASW who isn't totally braindead has solid carry potential. If I'm on my Zealot facing some combination of those classes I know there's a high likelihood that one of my DPS will die during the match, no matter how well I push my heal buttons.
95% of it will be players on the side
Yeah, I will admit this does seem to be at least partly an issue of player skill--during EU Primetime the order queue is stacked with tuff-boy six-man players, whereas the average Destruction player seems fresh out of the rvr lakes.

Manatikik

Post#6 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:04 am

Samejima wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:23 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 am You also have to take into account that Destro has better carry potential classes.
I'm not trying to contradict you, I'm genuinely curious--which classes? And do you mean better carry potential in optimized 6v6 setups or in ranked solo?

I've healed both sides in a fair number of matches now, and when I'm playing my Runepriest there simply aren't any Destruction classes that I find consistently intimidating to play against. There are individual players (a select few WEs, DPS DoKs and BGs) who I can tell are really skilled, they can secure kills, don't die the second a Slayer looks at them, etc. When I see them I know it's going to be a tough match...but even they seem to have trouble carrying consistently.

On the other hand, it feels like every WL/Slayer/ASW who isn't totally braindead has solid carry potential. If I'm on my Zealot facing some combination of those classes I know there's a high likelihood that one of my DPS will die during the match, no matter how well I push my heal buttons.
95% of it will be players on the side
Yeah, I will admit this does seem to be at least partly an issue of player skill--during EU Primetime the order queue is stacked with tuff-boy six-man players, whereas the average Destruction player seems fresh out of the rvr lakes.

DPS DoK is the best dps class in the game to carry with due to their damage, ability to sustain allies, third Rez so you can’t taunt cycle if they aren’t the DPS that dies, armor pen, and aoe HD make them incredibly strong for carry potential (assuming they are well geared). BG due to the fact that they have a long punt, HD, AoE snare, and do viable damage as a tank that can tip the scales in their way.

On order I’ve found Knight is the easiest to carry with (have BiS ASW, invader slayer, WL, BL SM, invader AM on order) due to how much they easily and completely control the fight. ASW is pretty good carry but DPS dok counters them pretty well and relies on the second DPS a lot.

This is all for Solo Ranked; true 6v6 varies a lot more and is a little more based on the group (ie LoB runs a mean MSH/DoK but the Russians bring arguably the most complete tanks etc etc).
<Montague><Capulet>

Sofong

Post#7 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:13 am

i only can see wl slayer wp kobs doing extremely well in solo ranked, while the allegedly broken melee squig have 0 place in top 100.

snackeyboy

Post#8 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:43 am

You should have somewhat usable statistics at the end of the week, but even then they will be off from being accurate.

You will see some classes like wl doing great overall because they punish bad game play and have a decent amount of initial burst so that it requires decent gear in the enemy team. I do not expect them to be constantly high up in the list, because they fall off slightly, once ppl know how to deal with them, but slayers... They're on a different level on Bis equipment

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 am

Obviously it is a limited sample size, yet it is still an interesting sample size.

some possible explanations;
1) Order had really good saturday
2) Order had more experienced 6man players queueing
3) Order ended up with better team compositions on average
4) Order may have slightly better synergies available on average
5) Some Order classes may be more viable than others, including lesser order classes as well as lesser destro classes
6) Less "best" classes in queue on Destro

It is a small sample yes, but still interesting to see it so much in favour of one realm.

Over time it wil start approaching 50:50 I am sure, and we get more information for more interesting conclusions.
The somewhat alarming information available from the leaderboards so far is that some classes are barely presented at all in the listings so far, which would indicate that the players already avoid queueing on them due to balance issues. (noticeable lack of Sorc/BW/Magus in the leaderboards - not even bad scores, but lack of them generally)

empmoz

Post#10 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:51 am

Maybe the destro players are just worse?