Recent Topics

Ads

ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Let's talk about... everything else
Popcornus

Re: ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Post#31 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:07 pm

ITT:
Sample size of two days ranked solo - pug lottery (tm), featuring ppl running base ini, no pots whatsoever among other things - is enough to judge balance on.

Also ITT:
IB is exempt from GCDs and their buffs aren't susceptible to sever/shatter, thats macro'd into every single NerfedButtons script ran on this server, and do not cost any grudge whatsoever.

You should be looking at 6v6 - with a metric ton of salt, given quality and quantity of 6mans... or lack thereof - in regards to 'balance'.
Better yet: wait a couple of months, until fashionhammer stuff is being tossed into ranked to draw in more groups and the MMR is fully reset.

As to the realm-bias driven theorycraft:
Superpunts win games, buffs just fuel a snowball that's already in progress ('win' vs 'win more').
More importantly: SM WW >>> IB, for everything that's not double SL comp, and even then its highly debatable (protip: discount on gcleanses and kotbs superpunt, ...).

Besides the obvious:
BG doesn't compete with IB for spots, don't waste people's time with mirror matches in a vacuum; different realms, different synergies.

EDIT: Grammar, spelling, words. I lack coffee.

EDIT: That post came in while I was typing mine:
Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm Try to fight, and win, 1vs1 a BG, same gear and renown, and come back. 2nd spoiler: The BG it's gonna crush you time and again as long as he knows minimally well the class.
In my book 1v1 arguments are irredeemable. Just why.

Ads
desizt

Post#32 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Are you actually saying that BG is better because it does more damage and beats IB in 1v1? That's basically irrelevant...

And even then, IB has always known to be more bursty... and you don't need 7 tactics if you get better racial/career tactics with IB.

There's already been a thread about this btw:

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... =8&t=33143
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Popcornus

Post#33 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:39 pm

desizt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Spoiler:
Are you actually saying that BG is better because it does more damage and beats IB in 1v1? That's basically irrelevant...

And even then, IB has always known to be more bursty... and you don't need 7 tactics if you get better racial/career tactics with IB.

There's already been a thread about this btw:

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... =8&t=33143
The thread you linked, yeah, I don't think you read it or are familar with the background of the posters.

There are two, three if we are being lenient, 6v6 players that all make the same point: BG and IB are among the closer semi-mirrors, and both are viable in proper comps*.

Peter was the leader of Fusion, one of the (very) few competitive 6man guilds on this server. He played BG for their destro roster.
I don't think you've had the pleasure of running up against a proper group running a comp with two superpunts and (really) nasty assist**.

IB pales in comparison and especially outside of a double SL comp.

EDIT:* With BG having an edge in competitive 6v6 given its universally applicable superpunt, that pairs well with every imaginable combination of dps.
EDIT: ** Three letter name comes to mind.

Ototo

Post#34 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:48 pm

Popcornus wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:07 pm ITT:

EDIT: That post came in while I was typing mine:
Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm Try to fight, and win, 1vs1 a BG, same gear and renown, and come back. 2nd spoiler: The BG it's gonna crush you time and again as long as he knows minimally well the class.
In my book 1v1 arguments are irredeemable. Just why.
I edited it a while ago you made this, probably while you were typing. I was unclear, and pretty much added what you did in the previous post to this one.
Spoiler:

Elemint

Post#35 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Ladder's finally updated
XD thread

Aethilmar

Post#36 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Current 20 of the top 25 are Destro now. Based on OP's original observation I guess this means we can start legitimately discussing Destro nurfs ...

nocturnalguest

Post#37 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:53 pm

:D
actually next round of all this gonna be as Order would start to qq as premade 6 men just as destro is doing atm. i would bet overall ranking gonna be 50%/50% after a year or so.
But tbh Destro seems to has more classes to "carry" matches. i'd say: BG, DPS DoK, heal DoK, mSH vs. aSW, WL and somewhat slayer (but need to be pro tho to carry on slayer)
inb4
dps dok nerf & bg superpunt nerf

Hugatsaga

Post#38 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:24 am

Right now its des dominating leaderboards. Based on my experience over past few days, thats mostly because of des have had more competent players queuing and sometimes guilds queuing with multiple players while order has had more trolls in queue.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Ads
Acidic

Post#39 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:10 am

Anyone could clarify for me how the points are awarded ?

I might be being slow but did not really see in the score a relationship to win/lose

never mind, i should have plugged in brain cell and understood that there is a standard for MMR
Google is a smart bunny :)
Last edited by Acidic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flintboth

Post#40 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:27 am

number of scenarios played seems to be in count, that make less place for chance.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)