Recent Topics

Ads

What to do as a fresh lvl 40?

Let's talk about... everything else
Blasio

What to do as a fresh lvl 40?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Hello!

Im a returning player and would like to ask how to and what to do at level 40 because it seems I hit the wall when I reach it.

In siege I usually just get opted out because of my low contribution, even if I spend hours in the rvr lake. Some told me its because Im in Ruin and its an old set.
And SCs are just Destro renown farm where Order pugs try to compete against premades. (I mostly play on Order side).
At least these are my experiences.

I really would appreciate some input. I love the leveling experience but Im not sure how to compete with players wearing invader/beastlord sets.

Should I just carry supplies to reach higher rr and wait for good blobs to surf with them and hope for some emblems?

Thank you!

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: What to do as a fresh lvl 40?

Post#2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Beastlord is a PVE set...if i remember correctly the RR requirement to wear it was removed time ago (not sure).

There are other options for PVE sets (if u are low RR) like onslaught set (ch 22 public quests), Redeye set (gumbad)...

Blasio

Post#3 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Thank you very much! I'll try those.

Ototo

Post#4 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Blasio wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:07 pm Hello!

Im a returning player and would like to ask how to and what to do at level 40 because it seems I hit the wall when I reach it.

In siege I usually just get opted out because of my low contribution, even if I spend hours in the rvr lake. Some told me its because Im in Ruin and its an old set.
And SCs are just Destro renown farm where Order pugs try to compete against premades. (I mostly play on Order side).

I really would appreciate some input. I love the leveling experience but Im not sure how to compete with players wearing invader/beastlord sets.

Should I just carry supplies to reach higher rr and wait for good blobs to surf with them and hope for some emblems?

Thank you!
Get Annihilator gloves and boots from the Auction House. Those two and the bonus they provide are a nice upgrade by themselves.

Stay in Battlefield Objectives and carry some supply. Destroy the other realm supplies too when you see them. This alone is a major contribution to zone lock, and will avoid that you get contribution troubles while trying hard.

Don't queue for other than the pickup scenarios. When you login you will see a message indicating which one is currently. In the pickup scenarios there are not premades, cause the maximum group that can queue for it is 2-man. I can't stress enough this point: DON'T QUEUE FOR ALL SCENARIOS AS FRESH 40, ONLY TO PICKUP SCENARIO.

The current gear difference is more in the talismans and potions than in the gear gap. Luckily, thank God, the dev team understood that when releasing the gear sets, and as such the stat difference is not huge. Get armor potions and your class main stat potion (armor potions stack with others), buy healing potions from Auction from the RvR vendor that sells annihilator and shield potions from Auction (they can be used all three, so carry at least a couple of each and place them all in an accessible point of your hot bar), and finally buy at least green talismans to fill the slots in your gear. These changes alone are 72 stat (cheap lvl 38 potion) + [5-7 * (stat of tali, usually between 14 and 20)] + one more entire piece of tank armor from armor potion + your entire health pool worth of potions (so 2x times lifes). If you start to min-max these, there is where you see those rolfstomp guys. They aren't that much better geared than you, thank God, cause the gear gap is not huge as was in live; they are using purple talismans and blue potions and liniments. The gear gap exists though, but is nowhere close to the game killing gap that was created in live when they rebalanced the RvR sets and pretty much created gods among insects.

Hope this helps you out! =)
Spoiler:

Ototo

Post#5 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Blasio wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:07 pm
Spoiler:
Hello!

Thank you!
And one last thing. Read this pdf general guide to the game mechanics and so. It's awesome and will help you out greatly no matter which class you are playing. If you are a dwarf class, they also cover them extensively and with great detail.
Spoiler:

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Blasio wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:07 pm Hello!

Thank you!
The best thing you can do as long as your are at least RR40+ is just get out in the lakes and participate. Run boxes. Help defend BOs. Help with sieges attacking or defending. Even if you are losing a zone you can still get a bag roll and get gear. Bag rolls in the orvr lakes are individual to each player so you are not competing with everyone in the zone for a bag (other then fort) so there is no reason to not help out in the active zone if you need gear.

You will get your gear eventually if you are getting out there and helping. I have even got a gold bag from a losing zone and all i did was get one kill and die to a zerg before it was taken so get out there and help you will get your gear.
Trismack

Detangler

Post#7 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Pick an easily accessible pve set from this thread. You'll upgrade your jewelry in about an hour of work that's easily solo friendly.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13566&hilit=Wordbreaker
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

zulnam

Post#8 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15 pm Beastlord is a PVE set...if i remember correctly the RR requirement to wear it was removed time ago (not sure).
They did remove that, but are the bosses still on a daily respawn rate? Last time I managed to do them was over a year ago. Only one of my 40s actually has the set. :(
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Blasio

Post#9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Thank you so much for the extensive explanations!

Ekundu01

Post#10 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:41 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15 pm Beastlord is a PVE set...if i remember correctly the RR requirement to wear it was removed time ago (not sure).
They did remove that, but are the bosses still on a daily respawn rate? Last time I managed to do them was over a year ago. Only one of my 40s actually has the set. :(
Beastlord bosses are like 3 hour respawns. Both sides have to kill the same bosses for the credit so you do have some competition. They will also be reset if the server gets reset.
Trismack