Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pull

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Choppa pull

Post#41 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:57 pm
Bozzax wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:23 pm Nope it is inferior to ID in every possible way that is the mirror
I would much rather have an unavoidable pull to catch healers ...
Healers failed hard, when they are in range to get pulled. And still, tanks have to learn to taunt. Choppas are not small, you can easily see them, target them and wait for pull channel to taunt.
Dying is no option.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#42 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 pm
Bozzax wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:23 pm Nope it is inferior to ID in every possible way that is the mirror
Healers failed hard, when they are in range to get pulled. And still, tanks have to learn to taunt. Choppas are not small, you can easily see them, target them and wait for pull channel to taunt.
It is not that hard to push healers. You should try it some time, surprising how many one can get close to. Would be amazing to have a pull/stun to seal the deal, and destro doesnt even have to deal with shamans
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

oaliaen

Post#43 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:36 am

We ask for rampage to be nerfed cause its a broken skill..differently of gtdc

Ototo

Post#44 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 am

oaliaen wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:36 am We ask for rampage to be nerfed cause its a broken skill..differently of gtdc
There is quite a difference between being undefendeable, to which I don't object in the damage part, and being three skills in one. GtdC is a damage AoE, an undefendeable pull, and a line breaker. All at a time. And all that for the cost of nothing. Rampage costs you all your rage. GtdC costs you nothing. Literally has no drawbacks. It's the most cheesy skill in the entire mDPS archetype.

I don't care if the damage goes undefendeable in the channel, or even if the skill gets a full change and mirror Rampage. I do care about the pull being the undefendeable part of it, as I play tanks mostly, which invest a hefty amount on time and effort in being able to soak damage, only to come a Choppa with a completely random gear at level 29 and f*cking all your hard work without literally no effort or skill involved. Just get dual wield weapons and GtdC and you can stop entirely a force twice as big as yours.

It has been used to exploit sh*t in the past, and will be kept used as that in the future, cause it has literally no drawbacks and not even a cost in career mechanics. Any implementation but the one that we have now would be better balanced.
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#45 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:40 am

You guys, you dont understand. Pulling 4 random people within 40 feet over 6 seconds lays waste to entire warbands. Healers cannot cast anything when under a choppa pull - not instant heals, or their detaunt, or morales - anything! Please nerf this OP skill.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bozzax

Post#46 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:09 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 pm

It is not that hard to push healers. You should try it some time, surprising how many one can get close to. Would be amazing to have a pull/stun to seal the deal, and destro doesnt even have to deal with shamans
Shamans?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#47 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:10 am

Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 am
oaliaen wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:36 am We ask for rampage to be nerfed cause its a broken skill..differently of gtdc
There is quite a difference between being undefendeable, to which I don't object in the damage part, and being three skills in one. GtdC is a damage AoE, an undefendeable pull, and a line breaker. All at a time. And all that for the cost of nothing. Rampage costs you all your rage. GtdC costs you nothing. Literally has no drawbacks. It's the most cheesy skill in the entire mDPS archetype.

I don't care if the damage goes undefendeable in the channel, or even if the skill gets a full change and mirror Rampage. I do care about the pull being the undefendeable part of it, as I play tanks mostly, which invest a hefty amount on time and effort in being able to soak damage, only to come a Choppa with a completely random gear at level 29 and f*cking all your hard work without literally no effort or skill involved. Just get dual wield weapons and GtdC and you can stop entirely a force twice as big as yours.

It has been used to exploit sh*t in the past, and will be kept used as that in the future, cause it has literally no drawbacks and not even a cost in career mechanics. Any implementation but the one that we have now would be better balanced.
Again ID is the mirror and dont cost a thing. A much better skill lets trade.

Also lets trade Keep on Choppin for Rampage as well (the mirror)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Jinxypie

Post#48 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:51 am

ID>GTDC
Rampage>100AP pot skill that also drop your rage
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
Ototo

Post#49 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:58 am

Bozzax wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:10 am
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 am

Again ID is the mirror and dont cost a thing. A much better skill lets trade.

Also lets trade Keep on Choppin for Rampage as well (the mirror)
As long as the pull goes away? Take whatever you want.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#50 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:01 am

Bozzax wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:09 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:19 pm It is not that hard to push healers. You should try it some time, surprising how many one can get close to. Would be amazing to have a pull/stun to seal the deal, and destro doesnt even have to deal with shamans
Shamans?
I was wondering the same. What nasty wizardry a shaman got in a warband? :D
Dying is no option.