Recent Topics

Ads

Gearing For New Players

Let's talk about... everything else
gerard86

Gearing For New Players

Post#1 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:18 am

hey everyone,

Ever since the sov release and chase there has been so many sets out there which are available to the newer player/ players with alts.

For new 40/40s the obvious choice is to jump quickly into the annihilator set , its the obvious and in many cases the best choice for healers. i understand that for some dps it may be better to run a mix of the set bonuses so that they can come closer to capping primary stat like str or intelligence.

So that brings us to the question , where do we go from there after annihilator?

I believe that zone cap tokens are conq for below 50 and above 50 vanq tokens are given. Due to the trade in function available , conq can easily be obtained especially since 5 vanq tokens can be traded for 25 conq tokens.

Conq is a large step up for healers from annihilator for sure.However, im just wondering if i should skip conq and move straight to vanq which i dont think is a good idea as my survivability will be impacted greatly because i dont have those set bonuses.

I was thinking that after moving to conq, saving for invader could be a good idea, that means i dont convert invader down to vanq.

Any ideas from the community?

Ads
Ototo

Re: Gearing For New Players

Post#2 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:23 am

Don't convert down Invader. You will regret it, and Vanq is extremely expensive so is not even very useful. Converting down Vanq is an entirely diff question. I would only advise to convert down if you are miles away from a set and not getting tokens/bags for it anymore. Even then is probably better to move on to the next set.
Spoiler:

Lime

Post#3 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:35 am

Healer gear is largely straight rvr set gear.

If 4 pc Beastlord is good for your class that is a good start. (RP/Zealot)

Do winds impervious set for easy defensive jewelry set early.

Downrank your vanq for fast conq set. Put cheap talismans in it. Try to get gold bags for vanq as the pieces are pricey but come fast from gold bags. Try to join established players and heal them and ask them to pass conq/vanq for you most won't mind.

Get vanq from zone flips and buy your curative Jewelry set.

From there work on invader and sov.

Some classes also have good pve gear for them you also have the option to do Gunbad>City Dungeon>Bastion which also have nice sets of dps/tank gear and offspec gear etc...
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

TreefAM

Post#4 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:44 am

Honestly since reaching rr 50 is pretty easy and fast I suggest you to more or less skip conq entirely. Join a guild, roam around with them in the lake, usually people don't even need vanq meds anymore so they'll be passing it. Vanq still is one of the best sets in the game, don't pass on that, you will need to wear something for those forts/cities.

Ototo

Post#5 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:49 am

Lime wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:35 am Healer gear is largely straight rvr set gear.

If 4 pc Beastlord is good for your class that is a good start. (RP/Zealot)

Do winds impervious set for easy defensive jewelry set early.

Downrank your vanq for fast conq set. Put cheap talismans in it. Try to get gold bags for vanq as the pieces are pricey but come fast from gold bags. Try to join established players and heal them and ask them to pass conq/vanq for you most won't mind.

Get vanq from zone flips and buy your curative Jewelry set.

From there work on invader and sov.

Some classes also have good pve gear for them you also have the option to do Gunbad>City Dungeon>Bastion which also have nice sets of dps/tank gear and offspec gear etc...
This is very good advice. Also you can pick a Ruin set by doing tier4 easy PQs solo, and stack cheap armor talis in it for better Gunbad survivability, then do the same with Redeye for your realm next dungeon.
Spoiler:

Starx

Post#6 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:17 am

3pc Genesis, 3pc beastlord (pocket, cape, ring) + Conq is basically the t4 starter package achievable in a few days after hitting 40, unless you genesis luck is horrific.

After that you basically just grinding quite a long time for invader, vanquisher is better than conq... slightly but about 100x harder to get because of some really wonky gear progression that hopefully gets smoothed out (I literally could buy more pieces of invader rn then vanq and im on order losing every city/fort). If you make it your goal to get to every fort/city you possibly can invader can be achieved by the time you hit like 60-65 maybe? Depending on your efficiency getting RR. You need 300 oppressor emblems from scs to buy your weps if you are a caster, subjagator is pretty trash for non phy classes. This grind isnt too bad.

Really the major thing is just because of how they setup city rewards you get 20% of what someone at 70+ gets... so you are on the clock to get RR 70 ASAP so you can get full rewards from city and maybe play on alt finally.

PvE gear is really good, but locked behind a pretty substantial grind because we aren't getting wards from RvR gear like on live. So you gotta start at the bottom and work your way up. The short answer is dont even bother unless you can find a good regular group to knock this out (play with people you know and enjoy playing with not pugs), and it still going to take a substantial amount of time (that you wont be getting RR ranks).

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am

BTW is there any guide/recopilation of all the "new" sets (the ones after conq) => the wiky seems totally obsolete and the armory shows bonus that are not correct.... i mean about stat/bonuses, dont mind the look of the sets.

Keula

Post#8 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am BTW is there any guide/recopilation of all the "new" sets (the ones after conq) => the wiky seems totally obsolete and the armory shows bonus that are not correct.... i mean about stat/bonuses, dont mind the look of the sets.
This exists: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29557 but it doesn't have warlord or sov yet.
Also you can just go to the vendors that sell them and check them out.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:49 am

Keula wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:32 am BTW is there any guide/recopilation of all the "new" sets (the ones after conq) => the wiky seems totally obsolete and the armory shows bonus that are not correct.... i mean about stat/bonuses, dont mind the look of the sets.
Downloaded tha spreadsheet but when i open on my desktop always get an error and never worked...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:00 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:49 am
Keula wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am
Downloaded tha spreadsheet but when i open on my desktop always get an error and never worked...
Finally made it work (have to upload to google docs) but its really slow....and cant find sets like Redeye or vanquisher...