Recent Topics

Ads

Catching up to the current state of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
Dai9

Catching up to the current state of the game

Post#1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:15 am

Hello

Im a returning player and I would like to know whats new to have an idea of the game, since I havent played for a whole year/year and half. I loved the game before and I want to enjoy it again and make some publicity on forums to help it get more popular.
So, whats new? also, why are there so many Destru players compared to Order? I used to see the opposite thing before, but now its completly imbalanced lmao. I suppose Ill make an Order toon to help it a little bit.

A hug from Spain
Dai9

Ads
Starx

Re: Catching up to the current state of the game

Post#2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 am

Melee squig is so fun to play against a lot of ppl went destro. They basically took every whine post that squig herders made about order dps and gave them every tool they cried about creating a frakenstein monster DPS that has the armor of a tank, pounce, shatter limbs, aoe and single target pressure, a knock down, aoe snare, the best punt in the game which is also AoE. But it's balanced because they can't heal debuff :^). Before DPS DoK got its heal debuff nerfed it was probably the most egregious thing the game has seen since BW scorched earth spam back on live. But I think DPS dok probably would of got nerfed anyways with where the meta is now (focused on largescale) since having an AoE perma 50% inc healdebuff is just disgusting. Destro also has Mara morale/ap drains which the only answer to is really solar flare on knight which requires running a off meta healer (AM) running a gimmicky morale pump tactic and its about the most unfun thing to do in the game that is spamming your big heal into a tank over and over and over again while not being able to actually heal your group effectively or do anything else. The chosen 25% inc healdebuff is also much easier to take advantage of than the knights 25% outgoing.

At least on order we have AAO most of the time which means organized groups that can take advantage of it are having a good time in the lakes, not so good for pug players. Destro groups in NA have been farming AAO on order and switching to destro for city to gear out.

Fey

Post#3 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:18 am

Games in good shape. It's the forums that are struggling.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Dai9

Post#4 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:10 am

Thank you for your answer. Is there anything else new?

Keldo

Post#5 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:18 am

New:
- forts with invader gear
- city sieges with warlord and sovereign gear
- bastion stairs (pve dungeon don't know if you quit the game be4 that)

Than faction wise:
Order has mostly ranged dps, a few healers and even less tanks, Slayer is really strong but not played alot, White lion got a nerf but is still strong.

Destro has a beter mixx in every warband (knowing this because I also play Destro sporadicly) Destro melee seem more popular maybe because of the looks?
Also melee squig is just way to Op. In warband play so they have that going for them.

The state of the game is really good. In weekend peak hours the server population is sometimes 1150+ meaning alot of cool fights but nothing happening in the zones because it's hard to push.

Hope this awnsers your questions

Greetings

Scottx125

Post#6 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Balance was tinkered around with last year but I think they stopped because they wanted to roll out the rest of the PVP changes before messing about with balance any further.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Troymu

Post#7 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:50 pm

So Order needs players and specifically tanks or melee dps?

I played WL (main), AM and SM (elves and more elves) on live, all to 40. Was thinking of rolling a healer but it sounds like a tank might be a better option.

Dai9

Post#8 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:31 am

Keldo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:18 am New:
- forts with invader gear
- city sieges with warlord and sovereign gear
- bastion stairs (pve dungeon don't know if you quit the game be4 that)

Than faction wise:
Order has mostly ranged dps, a few healers and even less tanks, Slayer is really strong but not played alot, White lion got a nerf but is still strong.

Destro has a beter mixx in every warband (knowing this because I also play Destro sporadicly) Destro melee seem more popular maybe because of the looks?
Also melee squig is just way to Op. In warband play so they have that going for them.

The state of the game is really good. In weekend peak hours the server population is sometimes 1150+ meaning alot of cool fights but nothing happening in the zones because it's hard to push.

Hope this awnsers your questions

Greetings
Well this is fairly more useful than other answers! Recently I noticed about the forts and sieges but Im still playing different Order chars to know what to stick to (atm loving Slayer and RP, tried WP and hated it cause too many buttons to click :(), so it will take me a while to get to top gear and sieges. But I want to participate in them, thats for sure Im a pvp player. Thank you mate.

Ads