Recent Topics

Ads

This is normal? (Nerf riposte plz)

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: This is normal? (Nerf riposte plz)

Post#61 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:15 pm

This is about the tactic which is bugged , not about a particular class , just the poster used a slayer to show it.

Ads
mpa3b

Post#62 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 pm I run a Riposte Build on my solo Slayer as most Slayers do. True it helps in 1v1 vs mdps, however it hurts vs non mdps classes as well. And on top of that, with the 2H BO's being as strong as they are, using Riposte Im losing 80% of the time against them, choppas are 50/50 for me, WE's depending on play style and build they have can be 50/50 as well. I just dont see a issue as its countered easily, most mdps classes can or run some sort of Riposte and using it limits ur overall chances of killing non mdps classes. And before anyone says Slayer destroys all mdps, I can provide TONS of footage from live streams of me dying to all forms of mdps toons using riposte + Rampage + ROA + ID or whatever else OP tools people complain about Slayers.
if you have a TONS of footage where your slayer is killed mdps 1 against 1 I have bad news for you, this is not a ripost weak tactics, this is you a weak player.
In the video, I clearly showed that only this tactic kills faster than the character, this happens without the participation of the slayer.
to many players whose skill is in ripost, I explained that it’s technically impossible to go behind your back, all passes behind your back happen because of a network delay or inability to play your opponent. This is because running in an arc is always longer than turning on location.
as for the fact that the tactic takes place and does not allow to hit on rdd, if for you the news, you have five sets of tactics that are rearranged in one click.

Toshutkidup

Post#63 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 pm

If riposte was that strong my skill or lack of it wouldn’t matter. Truth again is yes a mdps who stacks high parry and runs a riposte build has a advantage vs another mdps if they also don’t run a riposte build. That being said if you run a high WS high parry build ur are severely limiting your self as to what you can kill especially in a 1v1 environment as I play 90% of the time for past 3 years.

And all of my footage is freely available on my twitch page for you to review.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

mpa3b

Post#64 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 pm If riposte was that strong my skill or lack of it wouldn’t matter. Truth again is yes a mdps who stacks high parry and runs a riposte build has a advantage vs another mdps if they also don’t run a riposte build. That being said if you run a high WS high parry build ur are severely limiting your self as to what you can kill especially in a 1v1 environment as I play 90% of the time for past 3 years.

You repeatedly claim that ripost is a one-on-one hindrance in the game, but you continue to use this tactic as the main

I showed that ripost + ruin + 42rr kills the top geared WE 84rr without using skills, technically even if WE deals 50% of backstabs ONLY ONE RIPOSTE will take HALF of her lives.
I am sure that when viewing any combatlog against a riposte player, 50% of the DMG will be riposted

Toshutkidup

Post#65 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm

mpa3b wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:12 pm You repeatedly claim that ripost is a one-on-one hindrance in the game, but you continue to use this tactic as the main

I showed that ripost + ruin + 42rr kills the top geared WE 84rr without using skills, technically even if WE deals 50% of backstabs ONLY ONE RIPOSTE will take HALF of her lives.
I am sure that when viewing any combatlog against a riposte player, 50% of the DMG will be riposted

Of course I use it as a solo Slayer , I also use BF,Wg,stos,flanking, pfm all depending on the situation. And I never said it was a hinderance. I said for a class that builds a high ws high parry riposte build, you are severely limiting itself as to what it can kill in a 1v1 environment as I play if not fighting another mdps class. And any class that can utilize a riposte build will have a advantage against another mdps class that doesn’t. I consider that rock - paper - scissors as all builds have a counter or weakness
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

mpa3b

Post#66 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm
mpa3b wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:12 pm You repeatedly claim that ripost is a one-on-one hindrance in the game, but you continue to use this tactic as the main

Of course I use it as a solo Slayer , I also use BF,Wg,stos,flanking, pfm all depleting in the situation. And I never said it was a hinderance. I said for a class that builds a high ws high parry riposte build, you are severely limiting itself as to what it can kill in a 1v1 environment as I play. And any class that can utilize a riposte build will have a advantage against another mdps class that doesn’t. I consider that rock - paper - scissors as all builds have a counter or weakness
stone scissors paper is when mdd kill mages, magicians kill tanks, tanks kill mdd. and when mdd with a ripost kill all other mdd and all tanks this is called imba.
any mdd (excluding WL and MSH) in this game will have difficulties against a strong one who can play his class rdd, You continue to assure me that having a ripost does not allow you to kill rdd.
the reality is that if mdd catches up with rdd - rdd will die, if not - mdd will die. ripost does not play any role in this.
for example, try to kill jurki in CW .I think the result with or without riposte will be the same

Grock

Post#67 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

mpa3b wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:12 pm
Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 pm If riposte was that strong my skill or lack of it wouldn’t matter. Truth again is yes a mdps who stacks high parry and runs a riposte build has a advantage vs another mdps if they also don’t run a riposte build. That being said if you run a high WS high parry build ur are severely limiting your self as to what you can kill especially in a 1v1 environment as I play 90% of the time for past 3 years.

You repeatedly claim that ripost is a one-on-one hindrance in the game, but you continue to use this tactic as the main

Stacking 50% parry on slayer is not easy, you'll need double Genesis + Skaven ring, or Sentinel ring.
One of those is unavailable, another one is months-long grind.
You'll also need Oppressor/Sentinel/Invader mix for other parry bonuses. Otherwise you're not gonna reach 50% parry.
Stacking 700 weaponskill will give you 5% extra parry against an enemy 1000 strength.

Hence, average slayer without all that gear will have around ~35% parry.
If you hit them 100 times and hit the back half the time, thats only ~17-18 parried attacks.
Reduce the number of attacks to 15-20 because thats how long the average duel gonna last and we're looking at about 3-5 parries if half of your hits go around the parry cone.

You are greatly over-estimating how reliable the parry is.
You seem to base your assumptions purely on bad theorycraf and one wonky "test", while at the same time ignoring what the experienced players say.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Toshutkidup

Post#68 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Riposte plays a roll as it’s a tactic being used to fight other mdps when a different tactic is better used be rdps. That’s how it plays a role, like using flanking or pfm or 3 otter tactics that can be useful when riposte isn’t. And yes having riposte doesn’t equal insta win. Ask so many 2h BO’s how they do vs riposte slayers. Sure could I build my slayer to kill 2h BO’s... sure I could but then I would lose vs WE’s or maybe MsH. Again I don’t see the issue.

I’m RR87 full invader , running BL and genesis with 2 SC weapons. I’m just shy of 700 ws and about 42.5 % parry . Im blademaster 5. If I went anymore parry my 84 toughness and 0.06 % chance to be crit or my horrible 11% melee crit chance would all suffer more then they already do
Last edited by Toshutkidup on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mpa3b

Post#69 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Stacking 50% parry on slayer is not easy, you'll need double Genesis + Skaven ring, or Sentinel ring.
You'll also need Oppressor/Sentinel/Invader mix for other parry bonuses. Otherwise you're not gonna reach 50% parry.
Stacking 700 weaponskill will give you 5% extra parry against an enemy 1000 strength.

If you hit them 100 times and hit the back half the time, thats only ~17-18 parried attacks.
Reduce the number of attacks to 15-20 because thats how long the average duel gonna last and we're looking at about 3-5 parries if half of your hits go around the parry cone.

You seem to base your assumptions purely on bad theorycraf and one wonky "test", while at the same time ignoring what the experienced players say.
https://dropmefiles.com/Ymad5

unlike me, you operate on the theory, I have shown practice. About 30% parry and how to collect at least 50% you can look at screenshots, to collect it on 40 slayer is a matter of one evening. If "experienced players" do not know how, I can to tell

mubbl

Post#70 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Spoiler:
mpa3b wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 pm
Grock wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

unlike me, you operate on the theory, I have shown practice. About 30% parry and how to collect at least 50% you can look at screenshots, to collect it on 40 slayer is a matter of one evening. If "experienced players" do not know how, I can to tell
i guess you are newer player to the game since you fall for the flat parry stuff in char window. it doesnt show the correct values. You should try to use .getstats on your char to see the "hard" parry and not the "soft" parry.
Last edited by mubbl on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.