Recent Topics

Ads

is toughness ok?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Zxul
Posts: 652

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#11 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Nefarian78 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am
Toughness provides next to nothing in smallscale fights. The difference there between a tank with 250 toughness and one with 500 is minuscule.
Dps have 0.3 I guess usually scaling with str/intel? Now lets make a calculation.

250 toughness is worth 250 str/intel, 250 x 0.3= 75 dmg mitigated per hit. Over 10 sec say dual wield class with aa haste will do 15 or so hits, =~1275 total dmg mitigated.

That's even before accounting crits, since vs any mdps with 50% crit dmg tactic 250 toughness is 150 dmg mitigation on crit.

Still think its useless?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
User avatar
kayin
Posts: 46
Contact:

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#12 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Toughness is pretty meh even on tanks, as for the bubbles they seem weaker cause they do not mitigate any of the incoming dmg so armor and resist do nothing to help the bubble.
Image

Sofong
Posts: 115

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#13 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:25 am

i found it very non rewarding stacking toughness flat wnds or armor or ini alot better

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 619

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#14 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 am

Zxul wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:08 pm
Nefarian78 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am
Toughness provides next to nothing in smallscale fights. The difference there between a tank with 250 toughness and one with 500 is minuscule.
Dps have 0.3 I guess usually scaling with str/intel? Now lets make a calculation.

250 toughness is worth 250 str/intel, 250 x 0.3= 75 dmg mitigated per hit. Over 10 sec say dual wield class with aa haste will do 15 or so hits, =~1275 total dmg mitigated.

That's even before accounting crits, since vs any mdps with 50% crit dmg tactic 250 toughness is 150 dmg mitigation on crit.

Still think its useless?
Toughnes, willpower, Str, int and BS scale as 0.2

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 619

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#15 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:55 am

kayin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 pm
Toughness is pretty meh even on tanks, as for the bubbles they seem weaker cause they do not mitigate any of the incoming dmg so armor and resist do nothing to help the bubble.
i'm quite sure that bubble absorb damage after toug mitigation and before armor/resist. but most important, bubble absorb damage before the game decide if the damage is critical or not so with 1k absorb you can negate a boiling blood/word of pain.

User avatar
empmoz
Posts: 60

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#16 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am

Wounds + initative are better in almost every situation, toughness is more of a "natural" stat imo, similiar to armor where you stick with what you have from gear + buffs and don't bother dedicating stats to it

User avatar
gargharoth
Posts: 86

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#17 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:07 pm

No 8-)
Kupaczabra
Bunoord

Lyesea
Posts: 7

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#18 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Basic Passives (These are your most basic stats):

Wounds = 10 Hitpoints (this is your green bar)
This is the most basic stat and the most important. If this is taken to zero, you die.
500 Wounds = 5,000 HP (regardless of rank)

Toughness = 1/5th Reduction to each Damage Point you receive to your HP.
This stat cannot be bypassed or negated. It works on each strike you receive. Mostly PvP based.
500 Toughness will reduce any attack by 100 (regardless of rank)

Resistance Passives (These are more passive specialized defenses):

Armor = % of mitigating Physical Attacks. [Armor Value/(Level*110)] = % of mitigation with a cap of 75%. Toughness is applied before Armor. Mostly PvE concentrated.
3,000 Armor = 68.18% of each Physical Attack (Rank 40)

Magic Defenses (Corporeal, Spirit, Elemental) = % of mitigating the particular Magic attack. [Magic Resistance Value/(Level of Attacker*.42)] = % of mitigation. Toughness is applied before resistances
400 Corporeal Resistance = 23.8% of each Corporeal Attack (Rank 40 Attacker)

Active Defenses (These are stats that have another attack or speciality feature with a defensive bonus):

Weapon Skill = % chance to Parry (Negate a Melee Physical Attack)
[Weapon Skill Value/(Level*7.5+50) *13.5] = % of Negation Chance. WS also boost your Armor Penetration for your Melee Attacks.
500 Weapon Skill = 19.3% chance to Parry (Level 40)

Initiative = % chance to Dodge (Negate a Ranged Physical Attack)
[Initiative Value/(Level*7.5+50)*13.5] = % of Negation Chance. Initiative also boost your ability to see cloaked enemies.
500 Initiative = 19.3% chance to Dodge (Level 40)

Willpower = % chance to Disrupt (Negate a Magical Attack)
[Willpower Value/(Level*7.5+50)*13.5] = % of Negation Chance. Willpower also boost your HPS.
500 Willpower = 19.3% chance to Disrupt (Level 40)

Block= % chance to Block (Negates any type of Attack EI Shield)
[Block Value/(Level*7.5+50)*5] = % of Negation Chance.
300 Block = 4.3% chance to Block (Level 40)

Besides Wounds and Toughness, any other defensive stat uses your level to decide the percentage for mitigation. With the exception to Magic resistances using the attackers level. This is why is seems that the level 32 Bright Wizard can hit for half the amount of his bigger older brother that is 40.

https://mrmeh.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/ ... -defenses/

Ads
User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 619

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#19 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Lyesea wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm
Basic Passives (These are your most basic stats):

Wounds = 10 Hitpoints (this is your green bar)
This is the most basic stat and the most important. If this is taken to zero, you die.
500 Wounds = 5,000 HP (regardless of rank)

Toughness = 1/5th Reduction to each Damage Point you receive to your HP.
This stat cannot be bypassed or negated. It works on each strike you receive. Mostly PvP based.
500 Toughness will reduce any attack by 100 (regardless of rank)

Resistance Passives (These are more passive specialized defenses):

Armor = % of mitigating Physical Attacks. [Armor Value/(Level*110)] = % of mitigation with a cap of 75%. Toughness is applied before Armor. Mostly PvE concentrated.
3,000 Armor = 68.18% of each Physical Attack (Rank 40)

Magic Defenses (Corporeal, Spirit, Elemental) = % of mitigating the particular Magic attack. [Magic Resistance Value/(Level of Attacker*.42)] = % of mitigation. Toughness is applied before resistances
400 Corporeal Resistance = 23.8% of each Corporeal Attack (Rank 40 Attacker)

Active Defenses (These are stats that have another attack or speciality feature with a defensive bonus):

Weapon Skill = % chance to Parry (Negate a Melee Physical Attack)
[Weapon Skill Value/(Level*7.5+50) *13.5] = % of Negation Chance. WS also boost your Armor Penetration for your Melee Attacks.
500 Weapon Skill = 19.3% chance to Parry (Level 40)

Initiative = % chance to Dodge (Negate a Ranged Physical Attack)
[Initiative Value/(Level*7.5+50)*13.5] = % of Negation Chance. Initiative also boost your ability to see cloaked enemies.
500 Initiative = 19.3% chance to Dodge (Level 40)

Willpower = % chance to Disrupt (Negate a Magical Attack)
[Willpower Value/(Level*7.5+50)*13.5] = % of Negation Chance. Willpower also boost your HPS.
500 Willpower = 19.3% chance to Disrupt (Level 40)

Block= % chance to Block (Negates any type of Attack EI Shield)
[Block Value/(Level*7.5+50)*5] = % of Negation Chance.
300 Block = 4.3% chance to Block (Level 40)

Besides Wounds and Toughness, any other defensive stat uses your level to decide the percentage for mitigation. With the exception to Magic resistances using the attackers level. This is why is seems that the level 32 Bright Wizard can hit for half the amount of his bigger older brother that is 40.

https://mrmeh.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/ ... -defenses/
i'm sad to tell you that this is obsolate. avoidance given by ws, wp and ini aren't calculated that way

Zxul
Posts: 652

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#20 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:29 pm

Ysaran wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 am
Zxul wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:08 pm
Nefarian78 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am
Toughness provides next to nothing in smallscale fights. The difference there between a tank with 250 toughness and one with 500 is minuscule.
Dps have 0.3 I guess usually scaling with str/intel? Now lets make a calculation.

250 toughness is worth 250 str/intel, 250 x 0.3= 75 dmg mitigated per hit. Over 10 sec say dual wield class with aa haste will do 15 or so hits, =~1275 total dmg mitigated.

That's even before accounting crits, since vs any mdps with 50% crit dmg tactic 250 toughness is 150 dmg mitigation on crit.

Still think its useless?
Toughnes, willpower, Str, int and BS scale as 0.2
Testing on my dok without/with str buff, its 0.3 scaling. Testing on my chosen, its different per ability (all instacast).

Scaling depends on class, its not same for all.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: empmoz, wonshot and 26 guests