is toughness ok?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#21 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:54 am

Zxul wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:29 pm
Ysaran wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 am
Zxul wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Dps have 0.3 I guess usually scaling with str/intel? Now lets make a calculation.

250 toughness is worth 250 str/intel, 250 x 0.3= 75 dmg mitigated per hit. Over 10 sec say dual wield class with aa haste will do 15 or so hits, =~1275 total dmg mitigated.

That's even before accounting crits, since vs any mdps with 50% crit dmg tactic 250 toughness is 150 dmg mitigation on crit.

Still think its useless?
Toughnes, willpower, Str, int and BS scale as 0.2
Testing on my dok without/with str buff, its 0.3 scaling. Testing on my chosen, its different per ability (all instacast).

Scaling depends on class, its not same for all.
ok, let's talk about str, but with wp/ini/bs works in the same way.

str gives you bonus damage, to be exact 5str=+1bonus dmg (which means damage bonus=(0.2)xstr). you can see this in your character window and in fact 1050str=+210 bonus damage.
now, each ability have a multiplier (which is hidden, you can't know it without testing) which you have to apply at you damage bonus (not at your str) and so, if for example you have an ability with a 1.5 multiplier then the contribution of str at that skill is
1.5x(damage bonus)=1.5x[(0.2)xstr]=[1.5x(0.2)]xstr=(0.3)xstr.
and that's why if you test it you find a 0.3 multiplier on DoK while on Chosen every skill get different contribution, because the multiplier for Chosen change for each skill, while for DoK multiplier is always the same.

if you want some examples of multipliers you can look at the new mara changes:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36853
Zputadenti

Ads
Illuminati

Re: is toughness ok?

Post#22 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:24 pm

The Chosen damage modifiers (when I viewed / tested them) looked as if someone went in there and maliciously changed them. I hope Secrets can help them like Marauder at some point with an across the board look.

Thanks to the current staff for fixing Seeping Wounds yesterday. If you find more examples of broken abilities, put a bug report up on the tracker with evidence.

Anyway, like many said toughness has value. It would be cool as it is the primary stat of tanks to do something With Focused Offense that takes the Toughness bonus and turns it into +damage.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6