Recent Topics

Ads

XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Let's talk about... everything else
mako482

Re: XP and Renown in T1-T3 SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!

Post#21 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm Strange, playing destro on T1 lately and Order has been so chokeful of healers the fight for mid objectives is close to stalemate sometimes, everyone just bashing each other for no damage. And healers on destro just statpad, literally no heals on my tank and my guarded Choppa friend for entire scenarios in a row, not even exaggerating. It just swings back and forth, leveling my Archmage on Order was sometimes tough - just alone as a healer with them having 6.

I've learned not to bother much with scenarios, at the end of the day gear from them is off-spec and you get it quickly anyway.

About the actual suggestion - someone has already pointed out the flaw in it : It's so horrible to give the losing team 10k no matter how badly they do, people will start throwing games because it's faster to rank renown and exp this way. If you *think* for a moment that's not going to happen it goes to show you have not played MMORPGs long enough. The min maxing crowd is the worst and they will destroy every game like a plague the moment an exploit is available.

I'm against it. If your team does **** all, you all deserve 0. If you want better times, make a premade.
0? lol. I wonder what people like you do when there is no one left to queue? You do know people are more likely to play if they know they will get something win or lose? No one is asking for equal, just something to make it worth your time. I will never understand people like you, this isn't life....it's a GAME. No one is trying to take your hard-earned money and be on welfare lol. G-A-M-E.

Ads
SaintRon

Post#22 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:40 am

Duukar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 am Making a premade is a great idea!!

Then we face destro premades. Have you not noticed what a MASSIVE advantage destro has in ALL SCs?

This really isnt something that can be fixed with bringing other guildies in to suffer the imbalance in every aspect of scenarios in this game. I played order in retail and it was enough to make me quit. I guess I never learn!
Guy... I play order and destro... neither has a massive advantage and I win about 2/3 of my matches.

Also - if you give the losing team a large amount of reward you'll just have people join and sit around...

EsthelielSunfury

Post#23 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 am

mako482 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 pm
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm Strange, playing destro on T1 lately and Order has been so chokeful of healers the fight for mid objectives is close to stalemate sometimes, everyone just bashing each other for no damage. And healers on destro just statpad, literally no heals on my tank and my guarded Choppa friend for entire scenarios in a row, not even exaggerating. It just swings back and forth, leveling my Archmage on Order was sometimes tough - just alone as a healer with them having 6.

I've learned not to bother much with scenarios, at the end of the day gear from them is off-spec and you get it quickly anyway.

About the actual suggestion - someone has already pointed out the flaw in it : It's so horrible to give the losing team 10k no matter how badly they do, people will start throwing games because it's faster to rank renown and exp this way. If you *think* for a moment that's not going to happen it goes to show you have not played MMORPGs long enough. The min maxing crowd is the worst and they will destroy every game like a plague the moment an exploit is available.

I'm against it. If your team does **** all, you all deserve 0. If you want better times, make a premade.
0? lol. I wonder what people like you do when there is no one left to queue? You do know people are more likely to play if they know they will get something win or lose? No one is asking for equal, just something to make it worth your time. I will never understand people like you, this isn't life....it's a GAME. No one is trying to take your hard-earned money and be on welfare lol. G-A-M-E.
Take a chill pill and read it again, I said if an entire team is not capable of making a single point out of 500 then you deserve 0 and I've had that happen to me multiple times on both sides - either because of lack of tanks, or healers.

Apart from that, you get an emblem for losing anyway, and your experience and renown is scaled depending on how many points you've scored as a losing team which I really like. You should try losing Battlegrounds in WoW when you get spawncamped and realize you played 20 mins and have 0 honor points to show for it.

You have no idea how much better it is to lose in this MMO then some others.

jokerspsycho

Post#24 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:23 am

Duukar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 am
Then we face destro premades. Have you not noticed what a MASSIVE advantage destro has in ALL SCs?
What advantages? As a new player who has played both, seems as long as both sides push evenly (meaning your front line doesnt run sit and wait to engage) most SCs order will get to mid pt first or they arrive at the same time.

empmoz

Post#25 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am

These whine/cry threads are my favourite

Likeaboss

Post#26 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:48 am

the only thing that's strange about SC's...

play 2 hours of mid SC's and win all of them. ~30-50k renown.
Shooting some Bolts from the Wall in RvR, farm 50k renown in 10 minuts :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Duukar

Post#27 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 am

A little background on me. DEEP roots in DAoC with 8 man gank groups as my primary method of play. Plenty of high RR toons(Wiz,Cleric,Cabby,Warrior, Infil) with a recent stint on Phoenix. WAR online retail I was in Stag Party. We had the 1st lvl 40 Slayer EVER. One of the top 5 guilds on our server even though we only had 10 members(with regard to 6v6 guild duels). I'm a try hard basically.

Worried about AFK farmers?
Then add an AFK timer kick and SC cool down penalty. Make it 2 minutes without casting an ability. Give 5k for a win and 3k for a loss. I dunno. Everytime I waste 10 minutes and walk out with almost no reward it really disheartens me. Makes me VERY glad i got my WH to 40 in the extended Double Xp weekend last month.

I should not be trying as hard as I can for 15 minutes and walk out of it with a decent score in a loss(for a guard tank) and get 2.5k XP and 183 renown while they get 20k XP and 5k renown.. Thats totally bogus to suggest thats right.

Things have been improving for me as of late. Spam Queue Thunder mountain. For some reason even in a loss the rewards are better than other SCs. I got my full Conq set on my WH so thats helping. Im getting my spec hammered out and becoming more skilled..

Oh yeah.. I guess that means I've parked the Level 17 IB for now.. I can't bring myself to deal with the massive grind in low tiers due to loss rewards being sooo low..

My 2 cents. It can't hurt to have a look at rewards for T1-T3. I'm not AFK farming but I feel like I'm getting AFK farming rewards in a simple loss....

Sulorie

Post#28 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:46 am

You queue solo with a tank and lose over and over? You can't carry sc like some rdps or well geared melee, because other ppl in your team have to make kills.
When you want to win, queue together in a group with dd to guard and a healer. Use /5 chat for this.
With good ppl you have 90%+ win rate in t2-3 sc, no matter what ranks the opposition have.
Dying is no option.

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Post#29 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:10 am

I agree with Sulorie on this - what on earth are you going to do alone as a tank? I think most people in this server do not run addons and they won't even see your guard. Also, I can tell you for sure that tank damage just plainly sucks so you won't really do anything to push the opposition and turn the tide. At the very very least, bring a choppa/slayer/white lion/marauder in your party to play with, queuing alone as a tank is a wrist slasher, how would you not know this especially given you've played other PvP games?

courtsdad1

Post#30 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:32 am

Winning has its privileges as it should. Peoples refusal to learn the mechanics, tactics or even something as simple as reading the chat are the core issue. Ive almost given up on RvR as its simply filled with idiots who know nothing and refuse to listen/learn and act like Revolutionay War era troops and expect to stand toe to toe and hit random buttons to win. The same is happening in SCs sadly as even when you start by telling people how to win ( Cap the BO's, hold the fort etc) they just run around key mashing.

So instead of whining, try teaching and applying tough love to friends, guild members, groups etc. Call them out when they do something stupid after being shown or told how to win. The xp is fine as I just leveled from 10-40 on 95% SCs and even with the idiots mentioned above its doable.