Ads

Late night NA play.. 250 destro vs 100 Order in all lakes

Let's talk about... everything else
courtsdad1

Re: Late night NA play.. 250 destro vs 100 Order in all lakes

Post#21 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:38 am

I, I, I

Me, me, me

This is a major problem with a lot of new players to the game. They don't understand it takes a team and teamwork. Those with DPS syndrome will whine and cry about what a great job they did based on THEIR numbers but if you don't have teamwork and ( heres a big issue with new players) PLAY THE OBJECTIVES in SC's then it means exactly nothing. Again this is a MAJOR problem that Order has right now, and by major I mean M A J O R.

Ads
courtsdad1

Post#22 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:47 am

Duukar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:04 am
Arbich wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:42 am 40% win-rate sounds far better than 0%.
Gear matters also.
With your high AAO you should get far more renown than the enemy in open RvR. For gear it basically doesn't matter if your side is winning or losing in open-rvr. Actually it might be even better to be on the underpopulated side for fort access.

What do you expect? It seems that you do just fine.
That win rate includes my VERY high win percentage from T1 and T2-T3 during the double XP week where I was able to carry getting 10-15 DBs a round often.. Once i hit T4 reality sunk in and then I joined a guild which was having some VERY strong WB showings. The last two weeks have been BRUTAL.. There have been days where I feel good about playing. It seems every pug SC is filled with terribad players who just crumble under the melee pressure that the lvl 40 tank train brings..

There is my point. The melee train is easy mode and so highly effective.. Wins = more renown and more gear.. By a HUGE margin.. New players arent stupid. Most are MMO vets who know how important gearing is.. i tried to level an Alt last week.. I dropped it soo fast my keyboard smoked.. it was TERRIBLE and SLOW due to losing over and over and over... Good work trying to play a guard tank...

Atm in dragonwake its 54 order and 40 destro.. destro is organized premade WB and we are..... pugs....
"New players arent stupid"

I would argue this point as it seems that many of the new players are in fact stupid when it comes to how this game works. I'm not sure what MMO they come from but they grab rams, try to squeeze through one door, stay in one zone, DON"T READ CHAT, don't guard, don't focus fire, don't follow WB leaders, etc, etc, etc. I have often wondered if it's their first MMO because they act like they come from single person games. This IS NOT a solo game although you can go solo but won't have the results you desire. Oh and as to gear, while its important , teamwork and knowledge are MUCH more important overall.

Organized vs pugs is no ones fault except the person in the mirror and the players i mentioned above. It's been horrible. I jumped over to Destro last night after weeks on Order just to take a look and immediately im in a well run group where people listen and the leader knows what hes doing. People that don't follow directions are given a warning then kicked. Thats how you accomplish things but the first step is realizing that you don;t know what you are doing. Have you noticed how quickly order pulls a ram as soon as its available no matter the situation or numbers? How about some random person counting down to jump from the walls no matter the situation? Its a massive issue that needs to be addressed. Frankly, it seems like we have a bunch of 12 year olds with ADD playing Order currently. Its baffling.

billyk

Post#23 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 am

Arbich wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 am Because that is the most likely explanation for your problem, not?
In scenarios are equal numbers. There could be many variables why you lose every scenario, but there is always one constant factor:You.

In open RvR it can be a bit rough with a much bigger opposition. But winner and loser get rewards and with high AAO you could gain a lot of renown. Problem is, as we already established by your scenario performance, you are underperforming. So you fail to profit from the AAO advantages.

Learn to play.
RoR isn't the kind of game where one player's good or bad performance breaks scenarios or orvr. One good player won't save a scenario, one bad player won't break it, and that's even truer for 100 vs 100 orvr jamborees.

Also, people claiming this game needs skill cracks me up, it's a very simple and easy game from a skill perspective, and if you really have butterfingers, you can always use add-ons to take care of your rotations. RoR is all about teamwork and tactics, and if you don't have those, all the gear and skills in the world won't make you win.

carlos

Post#24 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:17 am

@OP you have gotten every answer (and basicly the same answer) from everyone and still don't want to team up.

Also, i wouldn't listen to billyk since he obviously never played Caledor Woods once.
Starfkr

SaintRon

Post#25 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:33 am

I find a lot of players expect an even fight going into a premade scenario as a solo player. If you're the solo player you're basically there for the premade's enjoyment.

It's going to be a stomp.

Duukar

Post#26 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:38 am

I get the answer. Team up. I have a good alliance. I already mentioned that. I suffer because they run when I sleep. I don't want to bail because I'm not like that. I can't reliably get into premade groups because im only in Conq and RR55 now (woot) also my alliance doesnt seem to run any in SCs..

so lets shelve that part of it and address the real issue..

The loss rewards in SCs are way too low and are creating a GIANT SNOWBALL for destro.. A player like me who started when I did but on destro would likely have full Vanq and RR60 with a bunch of invader medallions ready to go because they all have a big push from the SC gear and RR they got early on and maintained.

Mark my words destro will be on top for population for quite a while and the snowball will grow. New players wont be X realming. That takes time to set up..

Im done ranting. Maybe ill wait for my timer and roll a DK or a Mara....

Detangler

Post#27 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Regarding scenarios

1. i would avoid scenarios as a new 40. wait til you get at least full conq and subjugator weapons. the grind for the rr61 weapons is still long despite the recent cost reduction, and subjugator weapons are still quite good in the mean time.

2. DPS classes that don't assist down targets probably have the least affect on the outcome of fights. DPS need good guards and good heals to survive. if you're the good guard tank or good healer, you're guaranteed to have half the winning equation every fight. you just have to accept you wont get the sweet damage numbers and deathblow spam to sacrifice more wins.

Regarding orvr:

1. AAO? Tosh said it best earlier. AAO is a welcome boon and extremely unsatisfying penalty when you get kills as the overpopulated side. respawn and try again. they would have to kill you a thousand times for every one kill you get to receive the same rewards you do at 400% AAO. embrace it.

2. No one leading or talking in chat? then do it yourself. people will begin to follow eventually. there is still plenty of fun to be had even if you're outnumbered. go after the box runners and the far off objectives, camp the routes to your keep when they are sieging, and sneak in and drop oil for the easiest RP boost you'll ever get in this game.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Mordd

Post#28 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 am
Duukar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:55 am
Im patiently waiting for the PILE of players to come in here and tell me to L2P...
Because that is the most likely explanation for your problem, not?
In scenarios are equal numbers. There could be many variables why you lose every scenario, but there is always one constant factor:You.

In open RvR it can be a bit rough with a much bigger opposition. But winner and loser get rewards and with high AAO you could gain a lot of renown. Problem is, as we already established by your scenario performance, you are underperforming. So you fail to profit from the AAO advantages.

Learn to play.
Not 100% true. I watch the score board at the start of SCs and Order quite often is out numbered by a player or 2 and sometimes much more. Also there is a distinct shortage of healers in order. From what i hear the sham and DOK are laid out better and are more fun , have better specials than order thus a lot more people playing them. The lack of healers in SC is the biggest problem by far.

From another game I play a lot that runs instances like this with 15 on a team, very good players solo can run about 56% to 60% wins. Really bad players 44% to 46% and some rocks behind the keyboard even being worse. So when you lose 20 in a row like you can easily here, there is more to it.

Im talking t2 - t3, tier 4 is premades if you want a chance.

Ads
Martok

Post#29 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Duukar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:31 amI started 3 weeks ago as a WH and Im in full Conq with Subjugator Rapier and Doomsday pistol. My accessories are Genesis with a purp cloak with crit and a purp gem with crit. Im running 26% crit and my str is 912. I have 3 pieces of Vanq in my bag waiting to be used...

Oh, oh, oh yeah?!!

I rolled a new Engineer and before I got from the Spawn Point to the first RvR Warcamp I was in full Oppressor Gear, was rank 40/72 with max Strength max Toughness 100% Parry, 100% chance to Crit, a Gauss Anti-Matter Doom Cannon, seventeen pieces of Genesis Gear all slotted and had killed over ten-thousand Witch Elves alone!

Yeah...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

jokerspsycho

Post#30 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Mordd wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm
Not 100% true. I watch the score board at the start of SCs and Order quite often is out numbered by a player or 2 and sometimes much more. Also there is a distinct shortage of healers in order. From what i hear the sham and DOK are laid out better and are more fun , have better specials than order thus a lot more people playing them. The lack of healers in SC is the biggest problem by far
As a destro player, I often find either the enemy has very few front line players or mostly tanks and no damage, sure tanks can deal damage, but when you have good guards, heals, etc, you will have a rough time.

Often times there are a lot of healers, did 5 scs yesterday and each had at least 3, but every one of those games were filled with BW, engi, and SW so we just drove backline (play a mSH so that's really ez) with our 4mdps, 4 tanks, plus a sorc assisting. They couldn't stand and fight.