Recent Topics

Ads

Tank in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Vlad333

Tank in RvR

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 am

Hey,

What am i supposed to do in RvR's? Especially when you that stalemate when destro sit at keep doors.
Ranged can dps from walls, healers can heal...what am i to do in order to get some medallions?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Tank in RvR

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 am

Hold the Line for players behind you, set up a funnel on walls, push with M4 and guard your DPS.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

inwood

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:52 pm

create a warband and push another zone if it looks like a stalemate, people are usually willing to join and help from my experience.

Aethilmar

Post#4 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Tanks are, by far, the most team dependent archetype in the game. Fortunately for them they are also one (or the) most desired. So option #1 is join a group/warband.

That said, I am a soloist by nature (even on my tanks) so here is what I tend to do and seems to net me 8-12 medallions per zone plus whatever from the fights. You need to hit things. On my SM that looks like attacking groups with WoH or GW while getting damage/healing procs from tactics.

On my Chosen I turn on the damage auras and the other damage on being hit abilities/tactics and wade in.

It honestly doesn't matter how much you hit them for as long as you tag them. It may not be the way you are supposed to play as a tank but I also didn't make the contribution rules and system that rewards dps/heals roles but not tanking. So you play the hand you are dealt.

zulnam

Post#5 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:21 am

1. Make sure you are shielding and go with a good tank/group spec for your class.

2. Always be on the frontline. Hold The Line + Guard + Challenge are vital. Always guard dps, melee > range. Try AS MUCH AS YOU CAN to stick to your guard. There are multiple addons that tell you how far they are. Remember 30 feet is required for guard to be efficient. When you hit the enemy frontline, use Challenge.

3. At times you might have to guard-dance (quickly switch guards mid-fight if your guard is out of range or dead).

If you find yourself playing the game a lot you can go the extra mile by joining a guild that runs organised warbands. This will greatly improve your enjoyment and efficiency as a tank and will help you learn the ins and outs of actual rvr play; unlike pugs. Tanks are always in high demand on both sides (less so BG/IB but even those can be depending on guild playstyle).
Last edited by zulnam on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Glorian

Post#6 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:00 am

Pretty much what was said above.
In WB rvr the tanks buttons use is reduced a lot. Guard, Challenge and Hold the Line are the Mains. Where hold the line is somewhat a form of healing or helping the protected players. So if they kill something you will get Renown and a killtag for it.

On an IB you then also need the crit increase abilities and parry increase ability.
On a Kotbs this is all automatic in the auras.

anarchypark

Post#7 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:42 am

survive 1vs6 long enough for your team.
that's tank.
better if doing it with guard.

wb blob bomb is most boring for tank.
6vs24 small scale is best.
in my case.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

GNZ

Post#8 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 am

im leveling up a tank and don't know what i have to do to "contribute" for bags!

Im gonna use this thread to ask if u dont mind

Ads