Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about why Order is how it is.

Let's talk about... everything else
Thorakk

Re: Debate about why Order is how it is.

Post#541 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:33 am

Wam wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:13 am Order 7 - 7 Destro

Order OP ... nerf nerf :roll: 8-)

If destro was so op according to some posters how can something like this happen? destro getting outskilled en mass? or the balance is alot closer than people make it out to be and maybe a couple more destro premades was sleeping :twisted:
Oh look, Order got a tie in a City! eVeRy tHiNg iS fInE!
What a joker...

Ads
Charon

Post#542 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:36 am

Omegus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:31 am I agree with that. The fountain area is pretty much perfectly mirrored for both sides. I think the kings fight slightly closer to Destro spawn in the IC fountain but that is trivial to move compared to balancing the palaces.

yes yes ...and this is main reason why order is loosing most of the cities ........ pls can you start your own thread to troll
Last edited by Charon on Wed May 27, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Wam

Post#543 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am

M0rw47h wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:29 am

If destro was so op according to some posters how can something like this happen? destro getting outskilled en mass? or the balance is alot closer than people make it out to be and maybe a couple more destro premades was sleeping :twisted:
It's kinda funny you take early morning as evidence, when there is mostly PUG vs PUG gameplay at those hours (usualy PUGs can't use their tools properly), while yday mid day was like 5-12 for Destro.
but wasn't people saying the order pug's couldn't compete? and this is evidence that they can?

nothing wrong being devil's advocate and proving people wrong...

Zdps healing debuff nerfed and cc ... Mara morale drain broken (stopper replacement not work) these are heavy nerf's to destro warband playstyle and all i see is destro is OP despite these heavy nerfs (can only imagine if same happend to order ) ... when i see top players on order generally compete no problem.

If things was as broken as some people make out ... only the best premades would win on order...

I thought destro only had to click one button and ez mode win? :lol: :P
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Mordd

Post#544 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:11 am

shoelessHN wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 am

Mara morale drain is the middle tree. You sure post a lot for having no idea what you're talking about.
so neither did the person i was speaking with, he got it wrong too. but thats ok since you like what he says. lol

M0rw47h

Post#545 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 am

Wam wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am

It's kinda funny you take early morning as evidence, when there is mostly PUG vs PUG gameplay at those hours (usualy PUGs can't use their tools properly), while yday mid day was like 5-12 for Destro.
but wasn't people saying the order pug's couldn't compete? and this is evidence that they can?

Zdps healing debuff nerfed and cc ... Mara morale drain broken (stopper replacement not work) these are heavy nerf's to destro warband playstyle and all i see is destro is OP despite these heavy nerfs (can only imagine if same happend to order ) ... when i see top players on order generally compete no problem.

If things was as broken as some people make out ... only the best premades would win on order...

My point was, sample size you used is small and comes from odd hours, majority of CS results is showing different results.

People say many irrevelant things to be honest.
Zdps healing debuff can't be threaten as valid argument, as Order was using dps RP for same purpose. Change to Wind of Insanity indeed made Order life MUCH easier. Mara morale drain was compensated with better damage scalling, but again, it helped Order - thats true.

Imho the main reason order is usualy losing in City Sieges isn't faction balance ( order vs destro ) but class balance within order itself. If we're for example semi-casual oRvR guild and we want to go City with our members, then as order we're crippled, because we got less viable roster than destruction, which can bring nearly any composition of classes and perform better in case of average setup vs average setup.

I still believe morale game is broken, and if it would be up to me I would threat offensive morales on both sides with huge nerf hammer.

Charon

Post#546 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:29 am

Wam wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am

or rather its sign of normal ROR circle of life
Destro players are getting bored farming its 2-3 sov set and no more log or even switch to order to gear up their alts

But, it does not change general situation that long ROR order design (in both balance and aesthetic) promotes brainless pug/solo game play and brings so much frustration when the end game environment so strongly punishes such pug behavior and some classes. You may call it simply player issue and yes it mostly is. But also its outcome of devs decisions. Maybe the idea to allow city queue only to full parties might help teaching order pugs how to properly play this game.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Jeliel80

Post#547 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:16 am

In 4 months order got 3 draws (2 IC 1 Alt) and lost everything else, a few with close scores, but most of them overwhelmingly so.

Now things could change cause many main toons (and alts) on destro are completely geared up (a couple of those draws are pretty recent) and server pop gone down a lot.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Kloaner

Post#548 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:45 am

Jeliel80 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:16 am In 4 months order got 3 draws (2 IC 1 Alt) and lost everything else, a few with close scores, but most of them overwhelmingly so.

Now things could change cause many main toons (and alts) on destro are completely geared up (a couple of those draws are pretty recent) and server pop gone down a lot.
why do you think a change in Server pop will change the Winrate? I thought we're losing because all the Destro Classes are brainless OP?
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
Jeliel80

Post#549 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:55 am

Morale plays a pivotal role in the game, destro has a huge advantage in that sector, hence destro has a certain advantage in practical play, mostly way "easier" gameplay.

Now Wam and co. can spin it around however they want, say that order has better raw damage/heal and a proper setup with AM pumping Solar Flare will counter destro morale game, but I don't buy it.

Obviously people always over exaggerate (myself included) and you can certainly do well with a proper organized wb on order side... but that is beyond the point.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Nekkma

Post#550 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:12 am

I highly doubt that morale play a difference in the majority of city instances. Most instances are /5 pugs not on coms at best. In general, there is no morale coordination to tip any balance in those situations.

My own anectodal experience from the 3-4 real premade wb vs premade wb (still /5 but with high rr and disc, good leaders etc) I have had, is that destro has murdered order with general abilities while order has murdered destro with morale dumps. Typically, that destro walk all over order in stage 1 and 2 and then struggle a bit in stage 3.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron