Recent Topics

Ads

MMR and other restrictions are too tight for Solo Ranked

Let's talk about... everything else
oddlax

MMR and other restrictions are too tight for Solo Ranked

Post#1 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 pm

As of posting this, like the past few nights around this time, there are ~50 players in queue with a good distribution of classes. There are only 2 active games.

Currently, if your MMR drops too low you are effectively booted out of the system

On my main, my MMR is very low and got very low after only a single evening of playing when the system first launched. Since this losing streak, I almost can never get in ranked games even during prime queueing hours. It can take hours to queue if I'm lucky and even get a queue that day. I have played a lot of games in different ranked systems, and sometimes a losing streak happens. I'm sure this has happened to other people who have since given up on queueing because it can take HOURS if it works at all.

Ads
lyncher12

Re: MMR and other restrictions are too tight for Solo Ranked

Post#2 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 pm

i didnt even have a losing streak, i crashed twice and lost 300~ mmr, i am current 0-1 but 1202 mmr and cant find a game

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:13 pm

do not queue ranked they are not worth considering total lack of balance in matchmaking and the continuous lag and crashes of server

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:13 pm do not queue ranked they are not worth considering total lack of balance in matchmaking and the continuous lag and crashes of server
What? The solo ranked scenarios are by far the most balanced thing in this whole game. No premade vs pugs, minimum equipment requirements, balanced class distribution...
Actually everybody who complains about imbalanced scenario should queue the solo ranked scenario
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Asherdoom

Post#5 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:16 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:13 pm do not queue ranked they are not worth considering total lack of balance in matchmaking and the continuous lag and crashes of server
What? The solo ranked scenarios are by far the most balanced thing in this whole game. No premade vs pugs, minimum equipment requirements, balanced class distribution...
Actually everybody who complains about imbalanced scenario should queue the solo ranked scenario
problem is the gear requirement is too high and most ppl in 40 bracket have not yet the invader set on them so get used to endless queue

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:58 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:44 pm
problem is the gear requirement is too high and most ppl in 40 bracket have not yet the invader set on them so get used to endless queue
The requirement is conquerer, not?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Kaelang

Post#7 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:00 am

The gear requirement is far from too high. Conqueror gear is entry level 40 gear, and there's been people asking for this to be increased as the gap between Conq and Sov is pretty large.

Ranked is a competitive game mode for people to compete and play at the higher levels of the game. If you don't want to queue - don't. But please don't start to discourage people from queuing a newly implemented game mode because you haven't managed to get enough Conqueror emblems yet.

Also re: server crashes / continuous lag - have you tried using Technical Support? As I physically can't remember the last time I crashed and those reporting these issues can often find fixes there.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

oddlax

Post#8 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:30 am

Kaelang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:00 am

The gear requirement is far from too high. Conqueror gear is entry level 40 gear, and there's been people asking for this to be increased as the gap between Conq and Sov is pretty large.

Ranked is a competitive game mode for people to compete and play at the higher levels of the game. If you don't want to queue - don't. But please don't start to discourage people from queuing a newly implemented game mode because you haven't managed to get enough Conqueror emblems yet.

Also re: server crashes / continuous lag - have you tried using Technical Support? As I physically can't remember the last time I crashed and those reporting these issues can often find fixes there.
How about discouraging players to play because the matchmaking system is bad and too restrictive in terms of MMR and comp?

Either way, being encouraged or discouraged doesn't matter when you literally can't get a queue to pop for days at a time.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#9 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:55 am

Completely WRONG.

I'm in Invader/sov and I had a game yesterday with some dude in dominator gear and green rings so **** off with that attitude. It is RANKED and you are getting gear comparable to WARLORD, It should require a gear check and some actual effort.

Also that asshat that was in greens and dominator set was a **** DPS WP. Ranked people aren't taking it seriously and they should.

Increase gear requirement to Vanquisher.

Asherdoom

Post#10 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:58 pm

jvlosky wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:55 am

Completely WRONG.

I'm in Invader/sov and I had a game yesterday with some dude in dominator gear and green rings so **** off with that attitude. It is RANKED and you are getting gear comparable to WARLORD, It should require a gear check and some actual effort.

Also that asshat that was in greens and dominator set was a **** DPS WP. Ranked people aren't taking it seriously and they should.

Increase gear requirement to Vanquisher.
so basically you get 1 sc pop a day when only the staple ppl fullvanq can log in? XD