Recent Topics

Ads

T4 Zone/Population Control

Let's talk about... everything else
Sistermary

T4 Zone/Population Control

Post#1 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:55 pm

Ok hear me out. Then say what you will.

The new found stale mates in T4 are starting to get overly boring and need some type of control to move things along.

Here is one proposal and I am sure it could be modified.

When a zone unlocks limit it to 100 v 100 players.
When a keep hits 1 star that realm gets an additional 20 players.
It evens out when both sides have the same amount of stars on the keep.

If one realm hits 2 stars prior to the other even hitting 1 still only allow a 20 person variance but raise the 2 star population to lets say 200v180, 200 for the controlling realm.
Do same thing with 3 star. Maybe go to 300v250 population and so on. Make 5 star flips a thing of the past as they are a little buggy anyway. However make the zone full out as many players
as it takes.

All of the systems to do this are already in place and "should be" fairly easy to do. Keep in mind the numbers I listed are just an idea. Tin hat if you will.

Others things that need to be considered is contribution. A player should not be able to come in to the zone and still a fort spot from another player.
Example: Warrior Priest / Disciple of Kaine / Shaman / Archmage / Engi / Magus etc. with the AoE spam of heals that hit everyone or the aoe damage that hits everyone. To be honest
not sure how to fix that part.

Xrealm needs to be considered in 2 ways. The current lock out timer and how you get that timer.

Maybe needs to be extended to a 3 hour timer and if you flag forRvR or talk in RvR or RvR region /2 chat then the timer is just locked. Like you were flagged.

Idea's are just that idea's. These are mine and welcome any thoughts including the Development team who works so hard to bring us this game.

Another one is make city push a 24 hour lock out per city meaning you could push 2 cities everyday. Altdorf has been 5 star for ever and destro does not pus it even though they can.
its just easier to defend and get max royals from a 2 star city as you would if you lost against a 5 star city.

Ads
Vayra

Re: T4 Zone/Population Control

Post#2 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 pm

With even numbers you will never be able to take a keep. Ever. That alone disqualifies this as a workable idea.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

adapter
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 pm

I think the stales are due to Forts being silly, 400 players in one choke point to decide if RvR advances into a City...
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Sistermary

Post#4 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm

They are not even numbers. The formula was based on the numbers I have seen in forts.

Again its an idea. After thinking about it it would also help correct all the people standing around in IC/AD who only come out to defend a final zone or for invaders on a Fort.

It has lots of potential which is why I posted it for feed back on how it would work not on how it wont.

Sistermary

Post#5 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:22 pm

adapter wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 pm I think the stales are due to Forts being silly, 400 players in one choke point to decide if RvR advances into a City...
There is truth to this. On the order side we like to think of it as order is being forced to work together if they like it or not which makes it easier to defend.

Vayra

Post#6 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Sistermary wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm They are not even numbers. The formula was based on the numbers I have seen in forts.

Again its an idea. After thinking about it it would also help correct all the people standing around in IC/AD who only come out to defend a final zone or for invaders on a Fort.

It has lots of potential which is why I posted it for feed back on how it would work not on how it wont.
100vs120 or 160vs180 is essentially even numbers. To take a keep you need at least 50% more players than the defenders. A bit less if the attackers are highly organized and the defenders are completely disorganized.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Sistermary

Post#7 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Ok I see your point. The numbers can be changed to accommodate.

The Dev's would no that better than I.

Sistermary

Post#8 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Consider this.

Over 1/3 of those people won't even be helping they will be doing the 3/6/12 man ganking thing that a lot have grown custom to because they get the same or more contribution than if they helped take down the keep anyway

Ads
Boomie82

Post#9 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 pm

A good change could be, make defenders not spawn in the keep if they die "next" to it and the outer! door is tagged. you could make it a 3 star perk to let defenders spawn in the keep.

at the moment its way to easy to get in the keep and defend (just die). this could lead to some great fights right in front of the main gate instead of 2-3 tanks trying to run in 100+ ppl, that spam brainless aoe.

sorry for my english :P

Sistermary

Post#10 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 pm

Agreed