Recent Topics

Ads

Multiple Accounts, same network

Let's talk about... everything else
Kragtor

Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am

Hello all! I just re-downloaded this game after having tried it quite some time ago. Multiple of my friends are playing, and one of them mentioned that if you have multiple accounts on the same network accessing the shard, it could be a problem/ban-able offense.

There are currently 2 of us in the same house that are playing; I see nothing in the rules that states this is a problem, and yet I don't want to deal with it after we get banned or something. Can anyone clarify if this is something to worry about? And if so, who do I contact to resolve this?

Thanks, in advance, for all your help!

Ads
skinnyraf

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#2 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 am

I think that the lock preventing xrealming works on a network level. I am unable to play Destro after my son played Order.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am

In theory every host connected to your network still should have a different ip adress so there shouldnt be a problem.

Glorian

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 am

Kragtor wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am Hello all! I just re-downloaded this game after having tried it quite some time ago. Multiple of my friends are playing, and one of them mentioned that if you have multiple accounts on the same network accessing the shard, it could be a problem/ban-able offense.

There are currently 2 of us in the same house that are playing; I see nothing in the rules that states this is a problem, and yet I don't want to deal with it after we get banned or something. Can anyone clarify if this is something to worry about? And if so, who do I contact to resolve this?

Thanks, in advance, for all your help!
Multiple Accounts on one IP is not a problem.
The Problem may only occur when one of your friends got a ban.
Then it might look like he has a second account and is doing a ban evasion which will lead to a permanent ban and character whipe.
This has happened in the past when Son/Friend/Wive got a ban and the other guy locked on an got a perma ban on the head.

So better make sure your friends tell you when they got banned. :)

SuperStar

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 am

My wife and me play too. Today I cannot log in. The server message was:
Couldn't connect to login server.

But I see everybody is playing.
It is mean I got ban or something else the problem? Some technical issue or my network problem.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 am

SuperStar wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 am My wife and me play too. Today I cannot log in. The server message was:
Couldn't connect to login server.

But I see everybody is playing.
It is mean I got ban or something else the problem? Some technical issue or my network problem.
Hey,

if you got banned you would receive the Message "Accout suspended"...so maybe something else is going wrong atm.

SuperStar

Post#7 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:47 am

Thy.
IAM just a casual. And I always defend myself in-game and outgame but she is in a hardcore guild. And if they banned her coz me I won't get dinner and other either.

Thank you again IAM calm now :D

Kaelang

Post#8 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am

You will know if your account has been banned, as opposed to having network issues. You'll receive a suspension notice as well as inaccessibility to access the Forums.

It's likely you're simply unable to connect right now - however from the server-side, everything is up and running. Triage your connection / play with firewalls etc and see what happens.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Valarion

Post#9 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:02 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am In theory every host connected to your network still should have a different ip adress so there shouldnt be a problem.

This varies depending on your ISP and your class of service.

However, in general and without using other tech, every system and every account within your home will connect outbound and appear to a server as the same IP. This is usually the IP address of your home router that does the NAT translation.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted