Recent Topics

Ads

All characters start in same zones

Let's talk about... everything else
jakcris10

All characters start in same zones

Post#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 am

Hello, completely new to Age of Reckoning so I was wondering.
When I create a new character on either faction they all go to the same starting zone, no matter what race they are. (E.g all Greenskins, Chaos and Dark elves go to Norsca) But when I look at the map I see that Greenskins and Dark Elves have their own starting zones. Is there any way I can start off there. And if not. What is the point of them being there?

Ads
fixer2050

Re: All characters start in same zones

Post#2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:25 am

Thats true, when the game released every race started at their own area. However, when the population of the game reduced they changed it to all start at the same area to avoid people playing alone in empty areas.
Now, someone can go there and level their toons if they want to. Just need to walk sometime to get there.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:55 am

fixer2050 wrote:Thats true, when the game released every race started at their own area. However, when the population of the game reduced they changed it to all start at the same area to avoid people playing alone in empty areas.
This is true. However, when you create a new character outside of the EvC pairing your Book of Binding is bound to your original starting zone on default,. Simply use it after creating the character to get ported into your starting zone.
Github / Tighub / Stack

fixer2050

Post#4 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:15 am

Yeah, i had completely forgot about that! Good that you noticed it.

jakcris10

Post#5 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 pm

outside of the EvC pairing your Book of Binding is bound to your original starting zone on default,

Sorry what does "outside of EvC pairing" mean?

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm

jakcris10 wrote:outside of the EvC pairing your Book of Binding is bound to your original starting zone on default,

Empire vs Chaos, so if you roll a Greenskin or Dark Elves in Destruction, your book will be bound to their original starting zones.
Github / Tighub / Stack

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm

jakcris10 wrote:outside of the EvC pairing your Book of Binding is bound to your original starting zone on default,

Empire vs Chaos, so if you roll a Greenskin or Dark Elves in Destruction, your book will be bound to their original starting zones.
Github / Tighub / Stack

jakcris10

Post#8 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Ah. Okay. Thanks very much

Ads
spitzworth

Post#9 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:01 pm

I tried the book when I rolled Shaman. It said it was bound to Greenskin starting zone, but I just got ported into the air above Norsica RvR area and fell to my death. Cool stuff.

Dean478

Post#10 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:36 am

Hmmm this doesn't seem to be the case for any of my characters. They all default to Empire or Chaos.

Edit: It worked for my orc, but that's it.

Edit: Spoke again too soon... it dropped me out of the sky above Nordland. XD