Recent Topics

Ads

Official T2 RvR Solution Discussion Thread

Let's talk about... everything else
Mez

Re: Official T2 RvR Solution Discussion Thread

Post#111 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:45 am

Again, when we only had 1 zone, everyone wanted 2, because it would create better RvR. We were given 2 and RvR and RoR population exploded on queue. The issue now was keep trading? Again that is WAR, and the population showed success.

The new system essentially took away not just 2 lakes, but all 3. We went back to 1 lake. And the a lake that no longer requires participation from the other side. We went 2 steps forward, and then 3 huge steps back.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Mizrim

Post#112 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:48 am

Good.

I dont even know if this is feasible - could keep npc populations be sensitive to defender/attacker numbers?

or rather keep npc numbers be dependent on t2 faction populations when a particular zone unlocks?
Steelclaw - nub Chosen Twangafing - annoying squig fing Daemonica - disk babe

AustreV
Suspended

Post#113 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:49 am

Just killed 14-17h of work for some people. Thanks.
Next thing: I suggest make buff for play time for one faction 30 min of playing +15% for rr, 1h of playing +20% and etc. (u can start from 10% then +5% each 30 min or 1h) And make AAO finally. No reason not to implement timer for faction chars. If u remove medallions give player something for their spended time, it would be wise. At least elexir or 5-10 emblems for compensation , you can think about it. Make more reward for defence, its seems 2x in not enough, it should be better than grind does.

Coryphaus

Post#114 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 am

Mizrim wrote:Good.

I dont even know if this is feasible - could keep npc populations be sensitive to defender/attacker numbers?

or rather keep npc numbers be dependent on t2 faction populations when a particular zone unlocks?
Npcs are irrelevant every one ignores them in sieges and are just an over all annoyance

We need AAO, with rr points being useful soon it will incentivize being on the weaker side

Allow deva gear to drop from kills so that keep farming dosnt feel mandatory

Allow it to be so that you have higher and better gear drop chances if you have aao like you only get blus and purps if you have aao

Also 2 out of 3 zones open at all times

Coltec

Post#115 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 am

I agree with those who have said up defense rewards. If you got 3 Medallions for a keep defense it would encourage people to stay and defend instead of switching sides as soon as they see an imbalance in population. Also, AAO would prob help somewhat since it would help the side that was getting abandoned.

I am in full agreement that people should have to pick a side. You should not be able to play characters on both sides. Not sure how to enforce that but would welcome some steps in tat direction.

Halhammer

Post#116 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Allow deva gear to drop from kills so that keep farming dosnt feel mandatory

Allow it to be so that you have higher and better gear drop chances if you have aao like you only get blus and purps if you have aao
That could be an idea yea.

Also, how about not lockin the other 2 zones completely but make BOs takeable, droppin 1 medaillon for whoever caps/recaps. Maybe that'll drag some more ppl into 'empty' zones and gives some meaning to fightin over BOs.
Last edited by Halhammer on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

MrNobody

Re: Congrats for rvr changing and the killing of tier 2 rvr

Post#117 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:03 pm

paps wrote:Just did 2.5 times 150 kill quest in keep defs (around 500 kills) what do u think how many medals droped?
5-6!!! onli few got 1 and that is all...
Well medallion drop rates can be looked at if needed in the bigger picture. Also need to factor in your luck. Personally I have terrible luck on medallion rolls based one the ones that have dropped in SCs. Maybe you just had a bad streak?

Need to keep in mind that you have to balance attacking a keep and defending a keep. If you increase the medallion drop rate from players too high then its more attractive to defend than it is to attack and we'll have both factions sitting in their own keeps waiting for the other side to attack. They'd need to be balanced against what a faction gets for locking a zone after an average battle since every zone lock will involve varying degrees of fighting. Work out what a faction can earn and how many kills it takes and then set a drop rate that may give players a fraction of that.
I think medallions from player drops are a bonus. Earning them should be from keeps sieges primarily.

An example scenario might be:

Destro attacks a keep. Kills 150 Order in the process and kills the Hero. They earn 5 medallions (1 per 30 kills).
Order defending the keep killed 300 Destro in the process but ultimately failed. They earn 0 medallions.

Now flip the result:
Destro attacks a keep. Kills 150 Order in the process and fails to kill the Hero. They earn 0 medallions.
Order defending the keep killed 300 Destro in the process and succeed in defending the keep. They earn 3 medallions. (1 per 100 kills).

Now those are arbitrary numbers based on my own assumption that I think defenders kill twice as many as attackers. The result would be attacking to be more attractive than defending and either option is only beneficial if you succeed in it. The larger the number attacking the keep the bigger the potential reward (with the view you'd have higher kills before you eventually turn them away). This is based on defending being achieved after you've reset the door.

turlututuhu

Re: tarzouna

Post#118 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Azarael wrote:
turlututuhu wrote:open all map no lock every where let that damn players kill their self where they want and we can sleep in clouds.
what part of "no keep trading" is not getting through your skull
You want a massive fight on only one part of the RvR, u forgot RvR for all tiers have three fronts line :-Greenskin/Dwarf
-Dark Elf/HightElf
- Chaos/Empire

That the reason "keep trading" is a non sense for me, is like speaking about "battle objectif trading", is one RvR lack the battle is EVERYWHERE, all BO can be attacked, the thing determinat the fight is the strategy players, if u lock, close u kill strategy and life in game.

I don't need a massiv fight to be enjoy on every map, on live i have RvR alone against one Slayer on Shadowland/Ellyrion and it was really Intensive and aggressive, some of other players can speak about a same story happened in their Warhammer adventure.

Thanks to have interest for my skull, you flattering me.
Hope you find a good way for the RvR, enjoy to try all way Developpement up for us.
test monkey 062 (test failure... escaped)

Ads
AustreV
Suspended

Post#119 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:09 pm

You can also make a limit of gaining medallions/emblems per day.

Mez

Post#120 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Destro needs a portable mailbox or herald cloak or some kind of compensation for listening to jaycub talk about class balance in /advice chat for 10 hours yesterday.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255