Recent Topics

Ads

Streamers

Let's talk about... everything else
Spazual

Streamers

Post#1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Ok so I'm not going to single anyone out. But for the love of god, can we limit streamers advertisements in game or get the in game ignore feature working? It's gets difficult coordinating with other groups while we have people spamming their stream in game. I understand the streamers want Their Stream/RoR to grow but wouldn't it make sense not to spam the people already playing, and try to spread the word else ware? If I'm the only one this bothers I'll shut up, but I'm almost positive I'm not the only one.

-Spaz

Ads
Bretin

Re: Streamers

Post#2 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 pm

live on twitch.tv/stenchypow now!

Spazual

Post#3 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Ha! Exactly where it's supposed to be! In the forums, not flooding /ad chat.

Azarael

Post#4 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:39 pm

What level of spam are we talking about here?

Azuzu

Post#5 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:43 pm

I appoligize if I distrupt your gameplay. Before I ever advertised I made sure to ask a GM if it was allowed.

I never flood chat with spamming multiple times (I've maybe once hit the button too may times because of lag) and I try to space out how long in between the time I'll do it is. Normally once every half an hour or so.

That said, I don't believe 2 setences every 30 minutes or so is any more disruptive than all the random chat that takes place in /ad.

I have a chat window, that I have /ad turned off in, when I don't want to read all the trolling, fighting and whining in /ad.
Last edited by Azuzu on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Penril

Post#6 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Azarael wrote:What level of spam are we talking about here?
Worst i saw was like every 2 minutes. Maybe it wasn't annoying for most people, but it got on my nerves after the 10th time i saw "watch the big ole critties" or something like that.

I like the guy, but i agree that advertising should be limited to the forums.

Spazual

Post#7 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Azarael,

It's not super excessive. That's why i'm not asking people to be banned or causing a huge **** storm, but it's defiantly enough to screw up communication and needs limited.

Azarael

Post#8 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Whichever GM told you it was allowed is wrong. Advertising is forbidden in the game chats, per the TOS, and this will be strictly enforced. Use the forum.

Ads
Azuzu

Post#9 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Azarael wrote:Whichever GM told you it was allowed is wrong. Advertising is forbidden in the game chats, per the TOS, and this will be strictly enforced. Use the forum.
I won't be doing it again from now on, I wasn't sure if it was allowed, that's why I made sure to ask beforehand.

Not a big deal.

Tho, in my defense to claim it's disruptive when most times it's only a blip on the radar of crap that takes place in advice chat is silly. /Ad is normally awash in a sea of trolling, crap talking, whining, ect. I guess what people find disruptive is subjective, so I understand how someone could, while I think it's ridiculous, different perspectives and all.

That being said, my intention was never to break any rules of the game, so I'll reframe from it in the future. ^_^
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Valrath

Post#10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 pm

It wasn't even close to spam lol. Compared to some of the other trolling and uselessness in chat... Stop whining imo. I can't believe you had to make a topic about this and try to act all passive aggressive. Not even close to spam.

Edit: I maybe see him post in /s once a scenario and in advice once every 30 minutes. 90% of the time I'm spamming in advice trying to get destro to organize anyways. :?