Recent Topics

Ads

Will rifters get punished?

Let's talk about... everything else
Nishka
Suspended

Will rifters get punished?

Post#1 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Pulling through keeps doors and walls is a bug and they know it. Yet, they keep deliberately abusing this bug over and over. Will they get away with it? Or "everyone is using this bug" isn't enough as excuse?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Renork

Re: Will rifters get punished?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Why would they get "punished"? Did all the bw's, sorc's, eng's, magi, etc etc get punished for aoeing through the walls and floors (note: I did spam lash on my magi too, but don't worry it didn't really kill anyone LOL, i was no eng + m2).

It will get fixed, in the meantime just deal with it, or as my "premade" friends would say "l2p".

Jezz08

Post#3 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:17 pm

L2p

P.s Don't stand next to the wall...or doors I mean that way u won't get pulled in, and its not really a bug its how it was on live at the start of the game it just got nerfed and then engi's and magus lost the War and never came out.

If you want to counter rift play in a group as a melee train and just wait for the pull and kill the magus done, if you play a rdps group then wtf are u doing near them 100ft range and your in pull range dam bro.
"Look at all my RR100s!" " It's the rr100 brigade" 10/5/2015 Azarael
"Fix the game"

"Can people who are not knowledgeable about live Warhammer not make idiotic ideas " 11/7/2015 Azarael

Azarael

Post#4 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:19 pm

If people are going to shitpost with "l2p" in topics concerning major bs like this, I will block rift and EM outright around keeps.

Renork

Post#5 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Azarael wrote:If people are going to shitpost with "l2p" in topics concerning major bs like this, I will block rift and EM outright around keeps.
You would have to disable it in scenarios too though, and that just leaves open field.

Edit: PS I made a topic about rift before it was released and i was shitblasted by 2-3 people.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Jezz08 wrote:L2p

P.s Don't stand next to the wall...or doors I mean that way u won't get pulled in, and its not really a bug its how it was on live at the start of the game it just got nerfed and then engi's and magus lost the War and never came out.

If you want to counter rift play in a group as a melee train and just wait for the pull and kill the magus done, if you play a rdps group then wtf are u doing near them 100ft range and your in pull range dam bro.
The range is kinda big and there's no oil to keep them at bay. They will pull you from a huge distance and you can do nothing to prevent it. Because immunes don't work against rift (unless it's got fixed already) and it seems to ignore block and disrupt. I was pulled while having 100% block morale on today's dwarf siege.
Also, spamming aoe through walls and using the rift to pull someone through the gates. Isn't the same. You can't always control your aoe and always may say that you were doing it unintentionaly. No way to prove overwise. While anyone who gets close to keep gates and uses rift 100% is doing it to abuse the bug. Sometimes you destros even /say "going to pull them through the doors get ready"
I don't say that rifters should be permabanned though. But even a little punishment would show the devs won't tolerate such obvious bug using in their game :oops:
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Azarael

Post#7 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:27 pm

You were clearly enjoying yourself in that topic, so I didn't bother rocking the drama boat.

But I just want to establish it clearly, right now, for the future: the response to players experiencing difficulty with a major bug that cannot reasonably be countered - such as this one - will not be "l2p". Say it all you want when it's justified, but when players are abusing bugs, they are always at fault, nobody else.

Renork

Post#8 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Nishka wrote:
Jezz08 wrote:L2p

The range is kinda big and there's no oil to keep them at bay. They will pull you from a huge distance and you can do nothing to prevent it. Because immunes don't work against rift (unless it's got fixed already) and it seems to ignore block and disrupt. I was pulled while having 100% block morale on today's dwarf siege.
Also, spamming aoe through walls and using the rift to pull someone through the gates. Isn't the same. You can't always control your aoe and always may say that you were doing it unintentionaly. No way to prove overwise. While anyone who gets close to keep gates and uses rift 100% is doing it to abuse the bug. Sometimes you destros even /say "going to pull them through the doors get ready"
I don't say that rifters should be permabanned though. But even a little punishment would show the devs won't tolerate such obvious bug using in their game :oops:
AOE through walls was done extensively by both realms. Order > Destro on that one also during that time (hi 34904390 eng's popping m2 and blunder through the wall effectively killing everyone).

I have seen eng's do the same crap, so maybe you want to eliminate your bias and rewrite your post MAGNET/RIFTERS. Also, you do know people still aoe through the door right? Can those get punished too?

Ads
Azarael

Post#9 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:30 pm

The difference between AoEing through a door and pulling through a door is that one is ubiquitous and short-ranged (too difficult to punish) whereas the other has a 75ft range, is local to one class per realm, on only one of their specs, and means you die.

Penril

Post#10 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Azarael wrote:You were clearly enjoying yourself in that topic, so I didn't bother rocking the drama boat.

But I just want to establish it clearly, right now, for the future: the response to players experiencing difficulty with a major bug that cannot reasonably be countered - such as this one - will not be "l2p". Say it all you want when it's justified, but when players are abusing bugs, they are always at fault, nobody else.
Why not start banning some of them (not perma, but 3 days -1 week) to send a clear message?

edit: unless this is already being done, then nvm this post