Ads

Will rifters get punished?

Let's talk about... everything else
Euan
Suspended

Re: Will rifters get punished?

Post#191 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
Euan wrote:They already nerfed pounce so it doesn't matter anymore. It wouldn't make sense on choppa, especially in AoE tree. I actually think WE and WH could use more mobility but pounce is not what I had in mind. I'm curious why you think it would be game breaking on the a stealther though.

Changing the max height to 40ft so that you can no longer reach the top of keeps is not a nerf

It makes it work as intended, you couldnt pounce on top of keeps back on live

Putting a positional tool that works as a gap closer, and escape tool on a class that can already move around with stealth would be hilariously broken
It's a nerf. It was stated to be working as intended I believe. War =/= RoR. I'm not convinced by your argument on stealthers and I believe you're highly overrating stealth but we'll leave it there.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Ads
Landaren

Post#192 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:02 pm

speaking of high and z axis of aoe, did something change? I can hit people on top of walls and below me with cone aoe now that I was unable to before.

IE smite and lash are hitting people on the door from the oil platform

Greatwarden

Post#193 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Coryphaus wrote:

Changing the max height to 40ft so that you can no longer reach the top of keeps is not a nerf

It makes it work as intended, you couldnt pounce on top of keeps back on live

Putting a positional tool that works as a gap closer, and escape tool on a class that can already move around with stealth would be hilariously broken
Not disputing whether or not pouncing on top of keeps are "as intended", but can we please stop referring to LIVE as the ideal paragon of perfection that is the ultimate arbitrator of all that is 'good' and 'balanced'?

For many, many reasons, LIVE failed.

Coryphaus

Post#194 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 pm

Greatwarden wrote:
Not disputing whether or not pouncing on top of keeps are "as intended", but can we please stop referring to LIVE as the ideal paragon of perfection that is the ultimate arbitrator of all that is 'good' and 'balanced'?

yes i agree that live was a buggy disaster but at the same time there are things that we can reference to from it

Nishka
Suspended

Post#195 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:51 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
Greatwarden wrote:

yes i agree that live was a buggy disaster but at the same time there are things that we can reference to from it
Paragon of perfection? No. More like a reference point on a linear scale where 0 is "the same as on live" -1 is "worse than on live" and 1 is "better than on live"
Spoiler:
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Luth

Post#196 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:26 am

I don't understand why it is still called "Live", as it is not live anymore for two years now. Afaik the only live server atm is "martyrs square".
Should be more like the "old server(s)" or "mythic server(s)". :mrgreen:

Greatwarden

Post#197 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:53 am

How about "EAR", for "EA's Reckoning" or "BioWAR"?

At the end, the game had certainly become more EA's creature than anything the original creators had envisaged.