Ads

Devastator 3pc bonus

Let's talk about... everything else
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Devastator 3pc bonus

Post#31 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Zegota wrote:BW tactic debuffs corp
Corp dmg skills in bomb spec: Funnel Power, Backdraft, Annihilate, Choking Smoke, Scorched Earth, Rain of Fire
So we have a skill that does 100, a hundred points of damage (funnel power) , another that does 47 damage every second and gives free immunities (backdraft) , a single target corporeal damage with an aoe silence (yay bombing), a skill that got nerfer so much that no one uses it and something that no tooltip shows what damage it does but we can assume its elemental because its mirror, its spirit.

But yeah, i will give you annihilate, one.
Zegota wrote:Sorc tactic debuffs spirit
Spirit dmg skills in bomb spec: Gloom of Night, Disastrous Cascade, Infernal Wave, Shattered Shadows, Pit of Shades
I guess we can discard Gloom for the same reasons we discarded backfraft, so we have Disastrous cascade, annihilate equivalent, infernal wave great aoe dot, shattered shadows, main aoe nuke and pit of shadows which would be the rain of fire equivalent.

So the result would be, Sorc 4, bw 1?
Zegota wrote:What are you talking about?
Indeed, its only 4 to 1, what was i talking about?

Ads
Jaycub

Post#32 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Genisaurus wrote:Not opposed to a change if it's widely agreed to be a good idea.
+80 to all res instead of 240 corp/ele would be much better. It's more "fair" imo

As for people saying that "buffs will cap you out whos cares" buffs don't stack, and I don't think I have been in a single scenario without a chosen running the resists aura which is a complete counteraction to any buffs you have. And sorcs are running their big spirit debuff now as well? Same goes for destro with knights and BW.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#33 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:Not opposed to a change if it's widely agreed to be a good idea.
+80 to all res instead of 240 corp/ele would be much better. It's more "fair" imo
Unfortunately, I do not believe I can buff all 3 resists with a single bonus, though that certainly would be an ideal option.

BreezeKicker

Post#34 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 am

bloodi wrote:
Zegota wrote:BW tactic debuffs corp
Corp dmg skills in bomb spec: Funnel Power, Backdraft, Annihilate, Choking Smoke, Scorched Earth, Rain of Fire
So we have a skill that does 100, a hundred points of damage (funnel power) , another that does 47 damage every second and gives free immunities (backdraft) , a single target corporeal damage with an aoe silence (yay bombing), a skill that got nerfer so much that no one uses it and something that no tooltip shows what damage it does but we can assume its elemental because its mirror, its spirit.

But yeah, i will give you annihilate, one.
Zegota wrote:Sorc tactic debuffs spirit
Spirit dmg skills in bomb spec: Gloom of Night, Disastrous Cascade, Infernal Wave, Shattered Shadows, Pit of Shades
I guess we can discard Gloom for the same reasons we discarded backdraft, so we have Disastrous cascade, annihilate equivalent, infernal wave great aoe dot, shattered shadows, main aoe nuke and pit of shadows which would be the rain of fire equivalent.

So the result would be, Sorc 4, bw 1?
Zegota wrote:What are you talking about?
Indeed, its only 4 to 1, what was i talking about?
Oh boy.

Infernal wave is a direct AoE spell, not an AoE DoT. Ice Spikes are the AoE DoT and they deal corp dmg over 15 s.

Gloom of Night is more akin to detonate (without initial dmg, prerequisite and way longer) than Backdraft - which does more than 47, but that is hardly the important thing about it. Once immunities are handed to enemy by other order players it can be used as extra dot.

As a side note - BWs AoE DoTs tend to be much shorter in duration while maintaining similar dmg, achieving a bit higher dmg values per tic. Also they have Flashfire for some insta cast Fiery Blasts.
Sorc gets a second channel in place of Backdraft and Direct cone Aoe.

Also

BW;
*2 channels - Ani - Corp (PBDAoE) and RoF - alleged Ele (RDAoE),
*1 casted AoE - FBl - Ele (RDAoE),
*1 PBDAoE - SE - Corp ,
*3 AoE DoTs - FBr - Ele (cone), SF - Ele (spreads every tic around ini for 3s) and Dt - Ele (spreads once around ini target) [4 if you count Bd - Corp (PBIAoE]
*1 Toggle - FP - Corp (bonus dmg to each direct spell)

8-9 abis total - 3-4 Corp and 5 Ele

Sorc -
*3 channels - DC - Spi (PBDAoE) , SK - Corp (RDAoE) and PoS - Spi (RDAoE),
*2 casted AOE - SS - Spi (RDAoE) and BH - Corp (RDAoE) [similar skills, but with diff type and one has ini debuff in exchange of lower base dmg],
*1 PBAoE - SP - Corp,
*2 AoE Dots - IS - Corp (cone) and GoN - Spi (pulses),
*1 CDAoE - IW - Spi

9 abis total - 5 Spi and 4 Corp

PBD - Point Blank Direct
PBI - Point Blank Indirect
RD - Ranged Direct
CD -Cone Direct
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH