Recent Topics

Ads

Zealot Tactic improvements

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Ekundu01

Zealot Tactic improvements

Post#1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Some of the Zealot tactics seem to not work or are lacking something to be worth slotting. But I think some tactics need some love.

Tzeentch's Refreshment is in the wrong tree. It should be in the same spot on the Alchemy Tree, just like the Rune Priest who has the mirror tactic in the Grungni Tree. This should be a no brainer. A direct heal only tactic should not be in a tree with the worst direct heal skill in the game.

Lashing Waves is flat out broken and doesn't work. I think an aoe silence is something only a morale should have and not be on a 30sec cool down ability so i guess it is good it doesn't work currently. Maybe rework the tactic to be something different related to the tree. Like maybe Veil of Chaos has a 25% chance to reapply to the target when it ends. Or double the effectiveness of the hot portion of Dark Medicine. Not sure how many other classes have a dead tactic in the spec tree but i feel like the Zealot is the only one.

Manipulation seem like it would be good on paper but it really doesn't do much damage even if you can spam group heal. The whole 25% chance proc with only 25% of the heal in damage and only on direct heals doesn't make it worth the slot space and after mitigation i think it does less damage and procs less then BO loudmouth. If Tzeentch's Refreshment was to move to the correct tree i would say put Manipulation into the same spot in the witchcraft tree. If kept the same function I would say just make it always do damage but only on crit direct heals.

Swirling Vortex (i admit i didn't test this yet) but the tool tip states it hits all targets with in 30 feet of the caster and lasts for 15 seconds instead of 9. But the base spell is 30 feet. I know on live it was broken for a while until they extended the range to 40 feet with the tactic. It still IMO under performs at that range too and doesn't really make slotting it for any reason worth it. I would say make the tactic change it from a caster centered spell to an 80 foot range 30foot aoe so it can synergize with Chaotic Agitation.

Waves of Chaos (i know this is base line) Range should be extended the 10 foot range is all but useless. A Gobbo can fart farther then this tactics range.

These are just some of the problem areas i see with the class in my playing around on the class. Maybe my view is limited and was looking to see how other zealots felt about these tactics and how we could improve the trees to not be so chicken with its head cut off.
Trismack

Ads