Recent Topics

Ads

Added Replayability via RNG layer on gear

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
wonshot

Added Replayability via RNG layer on gear

Post#1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:43 am

Greetings, the other day I saw a statement about how the gearhunt goes completly out of the window when a full set has been completed. Leading to both lost interest in oRvR zonepushing and a less demand for talismen.

So my proposal is simply to add an additional option on Goldbags from orvr zonelocks, and an RNG purchase option at the Scenario vendors for the SC-sets too.

Looking something like this:
https://imgur.com/a/wEww1xK

Now the idea is not meant as a buffer to already exsisting gear to make it better, or to give massive ammounts of stats out for free. it is meant as a giving a purpose to gear hunting for those players who run out of motivation after they collect their gearsets, reach RR80 and feel lack of accomplisment when getting a bag to a set they already have finished.

As for the stat-ranges, I added a minus 5 to plus 5 bracketrange because I dont think those extra stats on a full perfectly rolled gearset would be "too" gamebreaking and the time it would tecnically take to get such a set would be crazy long for most players. The stat value can ofc be altered to what the Team find suiting. Also the Random stat could simply just be a (minus armor to Plus armor roll) or something like that.

Some would probably not bother with this, some would. if the idea is solid and the devs think this is worth spending time on added, ill leave up to you :)
Thanks for your time.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Added Replayability via RNG layer on gear

Post#2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:06 pm

The stat system on gear is not designed to be dynamic and would require a whole lot of magic to implement something like that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog