Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Current builds discussion

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

Re: [WL] Current builds discussion

Post#51 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 pm

pet has been fixed. Now we can talk abou builds

Ads
Mausini

Post#52 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:12 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 pm pet has been fixed. Now we can talk abou builds
Nope. Pet is not fixed yet. 3 minutes of simple testing needed for clearing that out.
Brutal Pounce and Throat Bite are doing less than half of the damage of the tool tip. The reason might be, that a big chunk of pet skills do not take any skill from the pet into the damage calculation.
Other than that, over 400 pet str changes the the damage of the pet from 200 to 290 damage per auto hit. Because of missing pet WS this damage is migrated to under 100 damage per auto hit, all 2 sec.

The pet damage does not scale with stats, at least a part of the damage doesn't. That was fixed in the past and got lost with the role back to vanilla state.
Or to make it more clear: The pet does get some stats from items not but the damage does not scale with stats.

50% is fixed.

Fiskrens

Post#53 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 pm

My pet auto attacks went from 235 to 305 and that's about it (using TTK on target dummy), I haven't done the math but my lion had it's str increased by 417str and overall the dmg increase isn't really noticeable outside of a auto attack increase.
Abilites still do low dmg, pet still gets permaslowed, hunter abilities still scale with axeman and on top of all of this pet is very squishy.
It's slightly better but not even close to a full revert to what WL was when this version was active.

Stick with hunter/axeman for now I'd say since it's not hurting too much from pet issues and ability scaling, atleast they're fixing guardian which is very nice and hopefully guardian WL will be playable soon.

Danord
Suspended

Post#54 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Also atm in guardian spec if i raise my thoughness lions get less str.
But if i raise my str lion gains more.
Im quite certain thats not how its supposed to work.

Fiskrens

Post#55 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Danord wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:59 pm Also atm in guardian spec if i raise my thoughness lions get less str.
But if i raise my str lion gains more.
Im quite certain thats not how its supposed to work.
It's how WL was before the toughness/wounds stacking change, in TTK pet gets bonus from your str and ws. So if you want to play with TTK you'd need dps gear to boost pet.

Danord
Suspended

Post#56 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Its not how Tool tip says atm

Fiskrens

Post#57 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm

They must have forgot to change it back, either way you currently boost pet from str and ws from your gear in TTK (I think it's 1:1 if I remember correctly)

Fenris78

Post#58 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:36 am

Is there any fix/change atm for WL Guardian spec, or its still bugged and not worth it over Hunter/Axeman build ?

Additional question ; for 6-man/wb play purpose, what tali are you suggesting ? Full WS like Slayer (since WL dont have tactic to increase that attribute), or wounds/toughness ?

Ads
zgolec

Post#59 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:25 pm

No guardian, no real aoe spec, just axe/hunter with buggy pet.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Fiskrens

Post#60 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:36 am Is there any fix/change atm for WL Guardian spec, or its still bugged and not worth it over Hunter/Axeman build ?

Additional question ; for 6-man/wb play purpose, what tali are you suggesting ? Full WS like Slayer (since WL dont have tactic to increase that attribute), or wounds/toughness ?
Pet hasn't been fixed yet but I remember seeing one of the devs (or mod) in a thread saying that they know of the bugs and are working on them.
Pet bugs out for me in hunter/axeman anyway so I just stick to guardian for KD, it works fine considering the massive bugs.
As for talis it depends on what you want to do, first I would ask myself what a WL is actually good at and then tailoring my stats in order to improve on that.
Personally I view WL as a squishy sniper and nothing else, what you have is good mobility with pounce and fantastic burst with coordinated strike.
WL is not a good brawler nor is WL really any good vs destro frontline classes, I decided that I would simply hunt down healers/rdps and perhaps peel off the occasional WE or choppa that threatens my ranged teammates.

Your entire burst hinges on coordinated strike and in a melee brawl pet dies so fast that you lose your entire burst and if by some miracle pet survives you risk having your coordinated strike getting parried, add to that your dps is pretty bad so you can't really pressure much.
As for stats i personally try to reach certain benchmarks with str pot.

7700-8200 hp
19-25%crit
970-1050 str
470-510WS (just enough so that squishies don't mitigate too much) With vanq proc this is fine
3-6% chance to be crit

As long as you're within these intervalls you should be able to burst down most squishies while not dying before healers/tanks can react. The more organized the opponent the weaker you get compared to other classes because your burst has less impact.

In 6v6 I assume that melee is still king and if so then you might want max parry, crit and survival stats. 10% strikethrough tactic is a hidden gem and quite useful if you find yourself getting swarmed by destro tanks/mdps alot.
As for WB I can't understand why anyone would want to play order Mdps in such a format other than slayers because they have no choice, you're probably better off hunting squshies by yourself instead of getting bombed by destro casters from max range protected by tanks and maras.
Hopefully other WL's who play more organized play can give you their input aswell, there are some really good ones on the server.

Another tip is to reslot your tactics whenever you enter new zone, SC, respawn, change spec or even gear as some tactics "drop" and stop working occasionally. Pack synergy, speed training and flanking are the ones that have bugged out for me the most.
I hope this is coherent and useful

EDIT: You could always find a few friends too roam lakes with you and fight small skirmishes instead of playing solo.