Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xanderous

Re: Patch Notes 23/02/2019

Post#31 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:51 am

- Raised the portals to fortresses even higher to avoid getting lost in the mist of all the people.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Ryzom

Post#32 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am

And the crazy damages of the fort lord no reduce?
Ni dieu ni maître

sabat80

Post#33 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 am

I must say that release of fortress was a great step forward!!! Thank you very much!

I did manage to be in 6-7 fortresses this week (maybe more) and I think that reducing damage in Stage 2 will make it meaningless. There is no reason why defenders should go for the flags. Yes, I know that they make Lord weaker, but his weakness is not noticeable as long defenders are there. Regardless how many flags we took we defended successfully with WB and not counting on the lord.

I would say that, if Stage 2 should have any impact, damage from flags should be higher or impact on lord should be greatly extended. With 3500 in the worse case people will just not bother going out and wait for Stage 3.

Not having healer is good as it motivates people to don't re-spawn.

flintboth

Post#34 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 am

Thank you for adding a new scenario and for the work in progress on fortress.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#35 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 am
Natherul wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:45 am hotfix pushed, OP updated
So what's the thinking behind no Healer (now or in the future) in Forts? Just trying to make deaths in Stage 2 more impactful?

And are you guys against Mastery Trainers as well? I know at least on SW/SH (Magus and Engi as well I assume) Stage 2 and Stage 3 have two different optimal builds for effectiveness, or do you guys want more purposeful builds going into Fortresses?
The part about healer is very much as you describe. About trainers we dont want a situation where in a fight where time can be of essence, people stand for minutes redoing skills (though we might change our opinion as always, but this is the current view.)
sabat80 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 am I must say that release of fortress was a great step forward!!! Thank you very much!

I did manage to be in 6-7 fortresses this week (maybe more) and I think that reducing damage in Stage 2 will make it meaningless. There is no reason why defenders should go for the flags. Yes, I know that they make Lord weaker, but his weakness is not noticeable as long defenders are there. Regardless how many flags we took we defended successfully with WB and not counting on the lord.

I would say that, if Stage 2 should have any impact, damage from flags should be higher or impact on lord should be greatly extended. With 3500 in the worse case people will just not bother going out and wait for Stage 3.

Not having healer is good as it motivates people to don't re-spawn.
Different lords have different mechanics. Some lords benefit from stage 2 more then others.... :D
Ryzom wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am And the crazy damages of the fort lord no reduce?
Damage was nerfed since the first incarnation and it looks fine from what I can see now. Forts are not supposed to be easy to take, you need to leverage the fact that as attackers you are more then defenders and they release in cage if they release. Defenders should be wiped out before attempting to take lord.

Might I add that the take lord outside his room is something that we will most likely make impossible to do in the future as its not intended (and even if you do you get issues with knockbacks and the like right now if you do).

gjsiechnice

Post#36 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 am

Is imperator/ overlord set was remowe from game Devs they should deactivate the bonus from set. Tanks with this bonus have high a big advantage from others tanks. ( means 7+7 block parry ect. Vanish + remiwed set. Active defence.)
Stonehead Crusader Kobs 82rr
Relah AM 81rr

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:14 pm

gjsiechnice wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 am Is imperator/ overlord set was remowe from game Devs they should deactivate the bonus from set. Tanks with this bonus have high a big advantage from others tanks. ( means 7+7 block parry ect. Vanish + remiwed set. Active defence.)
I bet you're a lot of fun at parties. We're not deactivating the set, people earned it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

abodam

Post#38 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:33 pm

My quick feedback for forts from defender experience. I will add some ideas from my friends, since they dont like to spam forums like I do.

Change from 1000 to 700 is welcomed.

Overall fortress feels too hard to take - only one entrance to lord room, some are very tight (Butchers Pass), makes for very easy funnel and saw only one successful push to wipe defenders so far. Strategy employed by Order usually was pull lord - push in with morales - get rekt in the funnel - destro pushes out - cleans the keep. Rinse and repeat with more order people leaving each try.

My wild ideas.
- more doors (probably too easy to take afterwards) or bigger doors (dunno if possible)
- lord HP% wont reset after reaching certain treshhold (Each 25% for example) - would allow to fight lord and actually have it count even after wipe.

Another thing is the whole fortress fight takes maybe little too long - can be 1 hour 45 minutes with most of the time spend waiting. I understand its endgame and it should be long fight, but usually last 30 minutes are spend waiting AFK since most of attackers left. Making the fort last 1 hour and 20 minutes from first door down until end would put more focus on taking flags quickly and still would be enough time to attack and defend. Now it feels flag stage is mostly running around until doors die or one side gets bored of running around.

Add cast time to jail lever - feels to easy to release two warbands instantly. 2 seconds would feel ok, its just a level in the end.

Overall fortresses are much better than live. Good work.
Magus / BG

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#39 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:12 pm

How do we confirm that Realm Lock is enabled? What does this mean anyway? We aren't talking about location being locked, e.g., Praag, right? Because if it is already locked, what is the point or X-realming?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.