Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage - Need rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nameless

Re: Rampage - Need rework

Post#71 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm

Frankly we dont see +20 movies from wls owning everyone but that doesnt mean they need buff to be more competitive 1v1 cos they are not well represented media wise...
My god, some ppl bring facts from their asses
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
wachlarz

Post#72 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:08 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Because he uploads the victories he has against plebs who facetank him (while his Rampage is up), instead of: a) shattering it, b) detaunting and running away.

Solo slayer is one of the easiest things one could ever play when 1v1ing against other melees: my 31 twink Slayer beat several rr70+s 1v1 in full parry/riposte/rampage spec.
And its normal for U ? All hard work to gain rr70+ all gear to farm and puff 31 twink kill all. All play 31 slayer for the win. No point to farm rr play rvr for items all is nothing if u see slayer just run...
Legit no idea what you're saying.
I will run if i see any Slayer ty for advicce. Its legit

peterthepan3

Post#73 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm
And its normal for U ? All hard work to gain rr70+ all gear to farm and puff 31 twink kill all. All play 31 slayer for the win. No point to farm rr play rvr for items all is nothing if u see slayer just run...
I will run if i see any Slayer ty for advicce. Its legit
Run, wait out the Rampage, build morales, wait for people to come - you do have choices.

You aren't forced with a gun to your head to facetank a rampage slayer.

Toshutkidup

Post#74 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:05 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?

This is why I quit making videos and stream my gameplay.. you can see me die, no edits. See how I do and adapt. I die to every class , not a single class can I beat 100%. Again yes I know 1v1 isnt meant how game is balanced. But I play Solo, and to think that I faceroll EVERY MDPS I fight is incorrect. Includes Choppa , Chosen, BO , WE , Mara . I lose to them all , depends how each opponent chooses to fight me.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Darks63

Post#75 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:29 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Because he uploads the victories he has against plebs who facetank him (while his Rampage is up), instead of: a) shattering it, b) detaunting and running away.

Solo slayer is one of the easiest things one could ever play when 1v1ing against other melees: my 31 twink Slayer beat several rr70+s 1v1 in full parry/riposte/rampage spec.
I think what he was trying to say is rr70 bis toons shouldn't lose to a rank 31. Im sure it was all rampage that gave you those wins right???? :lol:
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Nidwin

Post#76 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:35 am

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?
Because Rampage is quite good for 1v1. No one is denying that. But game is not balanced around 1v1.
Quite good against whining 2 handed loldps tanks that are asking for a nerf because there's a counter to their loldps.
You're welcome Penril.

Rampage is useless against a my Magus anyway, Spellbreaker on the other hand is "OUCH". :roll:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Nidwin

Post#77 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:50 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:05 pm

This is why I quit making videos and stream my gameplay.. you can see me die, no edits. See how I do and adapt. I die to every class , not a single class can I beat 100%. Again yes I know 1v1 isnt meant how game is balanced. But I play Solo, and to think that I faceroll EVERY MDPS I fight is incorrect. Includes Choppa , Chosen, BO , WE , Mara . I lose to them all , depends how each opponent chooses to fight me.
I enjoy the brutality of an encounter with a salyer. :mrgreen:
How's the AP management on a slayer btw?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Scrilian

Post#78 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:32 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:38 pm Don't think Rampage is "Op", rather very strong. And becoming possibly too strong as more and more Slayers/Choppas finish Invader gear which allows them to reach +70-80 armor pen values - which with combination of Rampage will lead to future imbalances. Considering it's cheap cost at 5pts, possibly limit it to 50% strikethrough, not full 100%.
It isn't always used due to it's Rage cost, but when properly used and combined with very high armor pen values, can be pretty damn powerful.
Choppas keep playing without it, and do ok enough, Slayers also play similarly, even if at times Rampage allows them "easier" gameplay where they do not need to constantly reposition themselves due to enemy parry/block checks.
How about we touch on that pesky monstro arm as well then? I mean future imbalances should consider ever rising levels of armor and bla-bla baseline bla-bla too good :mrgreen:

Joking aside, could anyone post me this full invader WS penetration %? I've seen the new OP pen values thrown around here and there - yet I have serious doubts of anyone actually reaching those outside of RR90+ sets era.
Or being a mad lad and actually spending RR on flat stats, like 34 points for 120 WS :lol: But even then, I assume that the % is not that high, could be wrong here though.

On the side note, Slayer and Choppa are a pain to play in any kind of scenario, be it RvR, groups or solo, at least for me.
The punitive rage mechanic gives too much of a drawback for not much gain(i.e. you have to be red to deal any considerable amount of damage outside of gimmicky lul-yellow builds), but that again, the memories and legends of RR100 slayer :|-groups are somehow still raw among some of you folk, so you probably see this in quite a different light :D

I've thrown around couple of times the idea of applying the rage penalty only to the innate SL/CH stats, but not the gained buffs, like auras, potions, etc. which are currently halved as well.
This's the long awaited QoL change, that would make one consider taking those classes in more setups, make the life a bit easier and not just cause you to melt in 1.5 seconds outside of guard, while smashing your potions+ragedump+detaunt macro :mrgreen:
Last edited by Scrilian on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
mubbl

Post#79 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 am

i cant talk much about slayer, but the fact that it resets rage so you basicly need a tactic(PT) to prevent it is huge draw back (3 slots already set). On the other side that tactic also replaces more or less the aoe spam.
At least for choppa you dont need rampage, cause you can just hit the back, flank someone to ignore their parry/block. this gets more difficult, the bigger the fight gets, till the target cap kicks in.
The whole on demnad cd in crease thing, you can just take a bo or orc and get waaagh+tactic/chop fasta. these both neutralize each other pretty much. which brings me to the conclusion it is not hard cc maybe soft one.
So rampage itself doesnt look broken for me, its a strong skill and like all drawf buffs really low in the tree but thats a lesser prob.
Only think it maybe really broken if you stack some slayers with rampage retribution and maybe fm, which can do huge dmg spike (-1000armor from rp, 50% dmg from class mechanic, 60% dmg from skill, some crit dmg, 80%+ armor pen and 30-40% crit). Is that really more then bw/sorc(top rvr dps) can do? maybe, maybe not (not realy a clue aboput that classes), But slayers can make it undefendable while bw/sorc has to deal with 50% disrupt. Counterpart here it is a 6sec channel, so it is interuptable. I dont know who much dmg you can do with aoe finisher spam, but it looks like you need a lot of ap for it. Another factor for this is how fast you can get red rage vs morals,with and without self pump on bw or sorcs. the reason behind this is if you take longer to get red rage then bomb moral, magicans should still be better and if not, is that a bad something is breaking moral drop meta?
(looks like i still got quite a lot together :D)

Acidic

Post#80 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:32 am

For my part I see the skill as to good for where it is in the tree.
Nullifying parry and block with an good uptime seems excessive for a 5pt skill.
Possible to have 33 - 66 % uptime of block/parry ignore at 5pts does not seem right when looking at other classes