Recent Topics

Ads

Archmage and Shaman

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
HtGeist

Archmage and Shaman

Post#1 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 pm

So i played just about evry character..the i find most enjoyable to play solo on,the Archmage has all its dps gear locked behind doing scenario's for a decade...any plans to make orvr/sc emblems exchangeable? any plans to add the missing dps options in subjugator/overlord? why is these 2 classes the only ones with this huge problem?...sure spec healer play sc's till your eyes bleed lassic replies.
But no i dont like sc's and playing solo as i mostly do i cant heal anything dead. why hamper these classes like this? why not a fair 1 set heal next set dps progression to sc and orvr sets? even rare fortune is a heal set,Beastlord still has willpower where toughness or initiative woulda been alot more appreciated...basicly a heal set given proc from bonus aswell...

I sincerely hope some kinda fix or implementation is comming to lessen the pain.

else the game gets shelved,i need a solo class i enjoy playing for my time spent.
-Even educated zombies growl!

Ads
DirkDaring

Re: Archmage and Shaman

Post#2 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:59 am

One of the reasons is because unlike live, the devs here have completly changed the armor sets , from what they were on live . i assume in an effort to force more healers, and tanks to do Scenarios, by removing alternate spec sets , and placing them in SCenarios.

on the brightside Bastion stair set was originally Bloodlord set which was a DPS set for healers, well have to see when the dungeon comes out, if they changed that set as well.

Sentinal set may be an option for Archmage havent looked yet .

Here is what the original warhammer sets looked like, before they were screwed up . I rarely even bother logging on anymore.

https://thesteelbrand.wordpress.com/201 ... er-online/

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:25 am

Bloodlord will be a pretty good DPS set for healers.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

HtGeist

Post#4 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:25 pm

So ran around dps'ing in beastlord with t4 epic quest staff...rather lackluster and super glassy,did okay the rare times i could find a fight rather then a faceroll 6 man stomp.
Rather sad i would be forced to play the sc's i hate so much to get any decent gear..tired of getting heal gear everywhere,and the lack of dps options...also what is up with the huge lag,people flock to x2 exp weekend? i never wanted more exp in this game,i want more medals or renown...guess i better shelve it again.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 pm

How do you think sc players feel! :D We are 'forced' to run PvE and RvR for certain BiS (if you want to min-max, which competitive players do), and won't even have to run sc anymore once the new Bloodlord gear comes into effect, resulting in even less incentives to bother queuing in the first place (conversely, both RvR and PvE seem to have a lot of stuff in the works).

All I can suggest is that you suck it up, and get on with it: it really isn't hard at all to acquire Mercenary/Dominator gear, which will do you just fine for DPS. It's important that players explore other parts of the game outside of their 'comfort zones' (most of guild is now Gunbad warded, progressing Sentinel), provided their preferred playstyles are still viable in terms of progression (more important than ever, given the absence of a unified currency).

HtGeist

Post#6 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:05 am

There is no sucking it up,Needs dps version of Subjugator and overlord staff as a minimum,and preferably medal exchange on 1 to 1 basis for the sets...mind bogling why its not implemented for these 2 classes and made fair across the board...

sucks balls to solo in beastlord set with t4 staff lacking possibility to mix set and cap int,and have something resembling defensive stats...lvl 40 on several and rr50+ on 6 classes rr61 on am why havent i got half decent gear by now?

And pug sc rarely pops had to wait 1 hour to get a steamroll loss and 45 mins next day to get a win...thats like maybe 1 piece of gear by xmas...hell no to time invested and returns. bye RoR.

Onemantankwall

Post#7 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:30 am

Bye /wave a mmorpg (mass multiplayer online) game isnt meant to be soloed and am/shammy are healers with a ridicules offspec but none the less its a OFFspec dont like healers dont roll a healer /facepalm you were obviously playing the game for all the wrong reasons and thats why its unfun for you this isnt single player Skyrim. /shrug
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ysaran

Post#8 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:35 am

If you are a healer the MAIN aspect of the game (i.e RvR) should give you your MAIN-spec gear (i.e healer gear). if you want to get SECONDARY-spec gear (i.e DPS gear) you have to play SECONDARY aspect of the game (SCs & PvE). if you like to play solo this isn't the game for you.
Zputadenti

Ads
Tom

Post#9 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 am

Ysaran wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:35 am If you are a healer the MAIN aspect of the game (i.e RvR) should give you your MAIN-spec gear (i.e healer gear). if you want to get SECONDARY-spec gear (i.e DPS gear) you have to play SECONDARY aspect of the game (SCs & PvE). if you like to play solo this isn't the game for you.
Where does it say the first tree is more MAIN than second or third trees? Nobody sent me a fax about that. When Warhammer Online was released, unless i hit my head on something hard and misquote it, it was said the intelligence of the shaman was the brightest in the WAR world... it didnt say its wisdom or caretaking was..

The reality is that two mastery trees out of three do not have armor very nicely fitting to its builds in RVR. Nor anything in PVE.
Personally I like playing scs, and any time over overly zergy zones, but as a result of no gear available in either RVR or PVE, everyone in scs suffer from this as those dps casters are forced to spend ALOT of time in scs in what gear exactly (!?) to attain the gear that actually makes their builds viable..

Lastly, this game is certainly very viable to be enjoyed in solo or small scale. Sounds like you don't enjoy solo play, but its a bit rich to project that view onto others.

Ysaran

Post#10 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:40 am

Tom wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 am
Ysaran wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:35 am If you are a healer the MAIN aspect of the game (i.e RvR) should give you your MAIN-spec gear (i.e healer gear). if you want to get SECONDARY-spec gear (i.e DPS gear) you have to play SECONDARY aspect of the game (SCs & PvE). if you like to play solo this isn't the game for you.
Where does it say the first tree is more MAIN than second or third trees?
it's not a matter of tree! during character creation the game tell if your class is either a tank, a mdps, a rdps or a healer. that's you main role in the game and thus you will get gear for that role. i like hybrid spec and offspec for healer/tank but the majority of the player need to play his main role and to incentivate that behavior the main aspect of the game (RvR) give you gear to fit that role you choose at the very beginning. if you want something that go out of you main role, you have to go out of the main aspect of the game.
Tom wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 am The reality is that two mastery trees out of three do not have armor very nicely fitting to its builds in RVR.
i cant talk for tank or healer, but rvr-gear you is quite good for dps and is essential for almost every build. never heard a pure healer complain about how rvr-gear is too weak for pure healer compared to SCs one, and same for tank.
things can be different if you are a offtank or a healer-dps but in either case you have non role in large scale rvr and thus you should get your gear via pve or SCs.
Game is balanced around large scale rvr and in large scale rvr healer need to be healer, not healer-dps.
Tom wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 am Lastly, this game is certainly very viable to be enjoyed in solo or small scale. Sounds like you don't enjoy solo play, but its a bit rich to project that view onto others.
i like to go solo in SCs, sadly solo rvr choppa are death choppa :lol:.
joke a part; i like solo but i understand that game isn't balanced around solo and thus i adapt my playstyle
Zputadenti