Recent Topics

Ads

[Set Preview] Bloodlord

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Re: [Set Preview] Bloodlord

Post#51 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:37 am

wonshot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:36 am Very interesting setbonuses. maybe the full set is not "fully viable" yet. but atleast the mixing options are very appealing now.

Thanks for this, will get my pve grind on
#Edit
Reason I deep the sets to not be viable is that you can pick the best of each individual piece from privious set and minmax more overall stat priority value, when only 1 caster piece for example have critchance and none of them have magic power.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Martok

Post#52 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:30 am

Name the SM sword Soulstealer.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#53 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 am

I thank the devs for some unique procs. Sadly the procs fall a tad short for being appealing. I was hoping since one would need gunbad set, sent set and the blood Lord it would be a bit better. I'm not sure 6 percent crit is good when I can get a constant 5 percent. The procs don't stack. The toughness debuff doesn't stack with the dok toughness debuff. The armor debuff doesn't stack with any of the tanks debuff including the set procs of fellow tanks. And the WS buff doesn't stack with the BO buff. If this game is going for solo play then I think the set is decent. But for group play the other sets are a bit better. I may run a 2 piece bonus though for the WS.

With that said I'm not asking for a change I am glad the team came up with some unique procs it's just unfortunate this 3 tier dungeon set will be over looked .

Ysaran

Post#54 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:33 am

Seems a really nice set for 2h choppa, cant wait to try it!

Edit: i totally deleted my first feedback because it was not appropriate in the context
Zputadenti

Sulorie

Post#55 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 am

Only 2% base crit in dps cast healer set makes it at best viable for mixing in some pieces. 5% proc chance for crit is too low outside of aoe and even then your crit rate results in only 8%. Compared to other classes or other set and their permanent crit values it looks underwhelming.

Could you replace the 4% dmg proc for crit? Then we have at least some base crit chance albeit the 5% chance proc is still too low for casters. I only see it viable on melee with plenty hits per second or plain aoe spammers.
Dying is no option.

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#56 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:24 am

It seems like you guys are making sets that are "okay" for one class and spreading it across an entire archetype, leaving certain classes with undesirable set bonuses that render their new higher renown set barely on par with their previous set and that is being a glass half full. At first I thought giving a class weak procs, for example taking Conq from sorc/BW 100 toughness exchange and trading it for an AP buff which is 100% useless was a way of nerfing certain classes, or is there just not enough time in the day to design unique set bonuses/gear for each class?

You guys say you encourage not mixing sets, yet my RR 80 sorc does clearly more damage if I mix three 2 piece sets, and making sure each piece has either Magic power or Magic crit. I actually made a WL and leveled it up for the reason my Sorc/bw keeps getting lackluster sets at each corner, and in comparison I could just get Conq in 5 days and If i had ever seen my own RR 80 sorc in the lakes I would rip my own head off. It took having multiple sets with unsatisfying stats( Unsatisfying stats would be strength for a healer, willpower for a DPS and AP for a class with a built in AP kit), and tons of feedback from many players who actually play the classes to make me realize that there simply probably isn't enough Dev-Power to go around.

I'm not paying 15 dollars a month anymore, so I keep myself from complaining too much because I do appreciate the things RoR team does. Here is an idea for any new armor set, when you make it, offer people a +50% xp bonus potion lasting 1 week for deleting a RR 80 toon or higher. This way when all these new gear sets are realeased, instead of being stuck with an RR 80 who now needs to go fetch mix sets Sentinel, invader, and vanquisher or onslaught, You can just remake into a toon who has a full useful gear set, and by the next time the next gear set comes out you are already RR 80 again and can just change. This is a valid point because obviously there are 2-3 different ideas of what is useful for a class, and this will allow players whom are dedicated to a certain class until 80 to have an alternate option other than sitting on a max level toon grinding a gear set that is definitely not best in slot.

Idea for Sorc/BW Blood Lord set, 2 Piece + 70 intel, 3 piece + 70 weaponskill ( so your auto attacks ignore more armor & crit harder when in melee range) 4 piece + more AP because i'm too poor to afford AP pots & I don't have enough hotkeys to slot my +160 AP ability. 5 Piece On being CC'd 15% chance to return 50% of the same CC back to the attacker. 6 piece Dread Aspect ( detaunt ) will cause the detaunted target to be slowed by 40% for 3 seconds. 7 piece on receiving a 900+ hit of damage, for the next 8 seconds all detaunts on you become 50% as effective. Obviously you could just replace this 7 piece with a small grain of sand you throw at the ground and it explode and instantly teleports you to warcamp.

Thanks, RoR team for all your hard work & effort! Keep up the strong developing & team leadership, it all pays off in the end when we have this nice server for us all to play!
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

zgolec

Post#57 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 am I thank the devs for some unique procs. Sadly the procs fall a tad short for being appealing. I was hoping since one would need gunbad set, sent set and the blood Lord it would be a bit better. I'm not sure 6 percent crit is good when I can get a constant 5 percent. The procs don't stack. The toughness debuff doesn't stack with the dok toughness debuff. The armor debuff doesn't stack with any of the tanks debuff including the set procs of fellow tanks. And the WS buff doesn't stack with the BO buff. If this game is going for solo play then I think the set is decent. But for group play the other sets are a bit better. I may run a 2 piece bonus though for the WS.

With that said I'm not asking for a change I am glad the team came up with some unique procs it's just unfortunate this 3 tier dungeon set will be over looked .
Can't disagree here...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

DanielWinner

Post#58 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 am The procs don't stack. The toughness debuff doesn't stack with the dok toughness debuff. The armor debuff doesn't stack with any of the tanks debuff including the set procs of fellow tanks. And the WS buff doesn't stack with the BO buff. If this game is going for solo play then I think the set is decent. But for group play the other sets are a bit better. I may run a 2 piece bonus though for the WS.
I must agree here. If the procs could have higher values, they were somehow appealing and we could see more diversity in groups. But current form doesn't really encourage a player to get a full set or get a set at all. We saw some cool and unique bonuses on Invader which were actually useful so it's kinda disappointing to see Bloodlord, that requires 2 wards to have an access to it, being so lackluster for some archetypes.

In my opinion only Tank set looks good and promising. Good job.

Hopefully community feedback will be heard and the sets will be tweaked like Invader so we achieve something great.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
rmpl

Post#59 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:49 am

Finally a tank set that can compete with dominator but if the 7-piece is hidden behind a huge grind like the sentinel jewel then it won't really change much.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#60 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:02 am

rmpl wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:49 am Finally a tank set that can compete with dominator but if the 7-piece is hidden behind a huge grind like the sentinel jewel then it won't really change much.

It will.