Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow warrior

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Suriael

Re: Shadow warrior

Post#91 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:54 pm

Wdova wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:24 am From reading all of this stuff I must ask what happend to SW class past few years? I remember SW was verry deadly to unguarded healers and RDPS who doesnt throw detaunt in time. On live support class was engineer and SW and BW nukkers, now it seems sides changes and engineer + BW are nukkers and SW just support. I must ask what support abbilities SW can offer besides nerfed Leading shoot tactic and spamable heal debuff. For support engineer was better designed with better CC, realm heal, group crit buff + AP replenishment from turret.
Wondering about this as well. I stopped playing the game about a year ago and just returned, and I have to say I do not recognize Shadow Warrior.

Before, I was able to hit soft targets for 4,000dmg with Festering Arrow (Vengeance + Enchanted). Now hitting for more than 2000 dmg is a rare occurrence. Done with the same skills, same equipment, that is a 50% drop of damage output between then and now. I don't understand what has happened.
Could someone elaborate on the changes that Shadow Warrior underwent?

Granted, couple days of playing do not give much insight but it seems that SW was significantly nerfed. Nerf on a class that never was a monster in combat in ROR.

Is there any vuable Scout build? Not interested in Assault, since if I wanted to play CC, I'd roll WL.
Is Skimrish the only way?
"Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven."

Ads
Elftwin95

Post#92 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:55 pm

The changes to the Scout line and SWs in general is that nowadays even with the aformentions tactics you can not crit with FA for more then 2k since the Devs felt that to be able to make futher balance and career changes that had to be adressed IIRC. Welcome back Suriael! :D
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Suriael

Post#93 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Elftwin95 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:55 pm The changes to the Scout line and SWs in general is that nowadays even with the aformentions tactics you can not crit with FA for more then 2k since the Devs felt that to be able to make futher balance and career changes that had to be adressed IIRC. Welcome back Suriael! :D
Well, that is discouraging. Looks like SW has no real place atm. Hopefully Dev team has some plans to make it actually viable.
Thanks for anwer and cya on the battlefield.
"Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven."

Elftwin95

Post#94 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Suriael wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:12 pm
Elftwin95 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:55 pm The changes to the Scout line and SWs in general is that nowadays even with the aformentions tactics you can not crit with FA for more then 2k since the Devs felt that to be able to make futher balance and career changes that had to be adressed IIRC. Welcome back Suriael! :D
Well, that is discouraging. Looks like SW has no real place atm. Hopefully Dev team has some plans to make it actually viable.
Thanks for anwer and cya on the battlefield.
Yes, they do want to look over the Ranged specs at some point in the future but as of right now nothing is planned as far as I know.

No problem, you are most welcome. Loec guide your step and Kurnous bless your arrows! :D

Strike swiftly aim true

jasonX
Suspended

Post#95 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:02 pm

MADMAXI sorry to break it to you mate.... starting a post like that will result in 100 trolls responding that SW damage is really "fine" . 99.99% of those trolls have never played a SW and just recall the only viable scout spec SW had like 6 months ago that was nerfed to the ground. Additionally to that they are sore because they get regularely owned by premades with assault SW so they will just again tell you that the class needs a nerf...

The thing is that the physical damage mitigation nowadays is huge and SW dont really have proper tools to deal with that. A 900 armor debuff is a joke (just barely counters the armor pot) and stacking 700+ WS kinda works so that your dots tick for 200 and your SFA hits for 300 leaving you with no defensive stats at all since you had to stack ballistics AND WS.... The class is nerfed to the ground and there is no indication that the Dev team will do anything about it apart from further nerfing it.

I have already made a number of posts regarding the low viability of this class and the responses were trolling, tons of bro-science based info and generally a death of logic.
On the following post i used numbers and yet people were just spamming anything that randomly came down on their minds.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31614

Apart from the afraid-of-some-proper-competition destro community that only wants you as an easy-to-kill-target-that-poses-no-real-threat, no Dev or GM plays a SW so tbh mate there is no future here. None will ever get a good look on the SW class since the people in charge literally have never played one to have a proper point of view.

There is only one solution, stop playing your SW, its a joke class, roll a slayer a BW or a WL.

I did that and I now have peace of mind. I rarely play my 84rr fully endgame geared SW because there is no point in it. You get owned by the majority of the classes in this game in any way (solo, party, warband) unless you play assault.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Glorian

Post#96 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Is there a list of what dev/gm plays what class? You seem to well informed.

Elftwin95

Post#97 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:24 pm

jasonX wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:02 pm MADMAXI sorry to break it to you mate.... starting a post like that will result in 100 trolls responding that SW damage is really "fine" . 99.99% of those trolls have never played a SW and just recall the only viable scout spec SW had like 6 months ago that was nerfed to the ground. Additionally to that they are sore because they get regularely owned by premades with assault SW so they will just again tell you that the class needs a nerf...

The thing is that the physical damage mitigation nowadays is huge and SW dont really have proper tools to deal with that. A 900 armor debuff is a joke (just barely counters the armor pot) and stacking 700+ WS kinda works so that your dots tick for 200 and your SFA hits for 300 leaving you with no defensive stats at all since you had to stack ballistics AND WS.... The class is nerfed to the ground and there is no indication that the Dev team will do anything about it apart from further nerfing it.

I have already made a number of posts regarding the low viability of this class and the responses were trolling, tons of bro-science based info and generally a death of logic.
On the following post i used numbers and yet people were just spamming anything that randomly came down on their minds.

Apart from the afraid-of-some-proper-competition destro community that only wants you as an easy-to-kill-target-that-poses-no-real-threat, no Dev or GM plays a SW so tbh mate there is no future here. None will ever get a good look on the SW class since the people in charge literally have never played one to have a proper point of view.

There is only one solution, stop playing your SW, its a joke class, roll a slayer a BW or a WL.

I did that and I now have peace of mind. I rarely play my 84rr fully endgame geared SW because there is no point in it. You get owned by the majority of the classes in this game in any way (solo, party, warband) unless you play assault.
Very sad to get that information, but it is true none the less, still I am hoping (foolishly) that the SW might in time get a place here in RoR in the future. Hope you are enjoying the WL thought JasonX! :)

Strike swiftly aim true

saupreusse
Developer

Post#98 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:51 pm

jasonX wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:02 pm MADMAXI sorry to break it to you mate.... starting a post like that will result in 100 trolls responding that SW damage is really "fine" . 99.99% of those trolls have never played a SW and just recall the only viable scout spec SW had like 6 months ago that was nerfed to the ground. Additionally to that they are sore because they get regularely owned by premades with assault SW so they will just again tell you that the class needs a nerf...

having been a db dev myself here im sry to crash your day dreaming but my main always was SW. (still is)
What classes got changed wasnt really a matter of what the devs play ,dude. thats just claptrap

Ads
Ysaran

Post#99 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am

If any of you think that SW is actually underperforming then write a Balance proposal and post it in the BDF
Zputadenti

saupreusse
Developer

Post#100 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:41 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am If any of you think that SW is actually underperforming then write a Balance proposal and post it in the BDF
id rather wait until the white lion storm is over ^^