Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashes during bigger fights.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ChaosNomad

Game crashes during bigger fights.

Post#1 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi there.

I very recently reached level 16, and went into Chaos Wastes for some real RvR action. Everything was good up until we started sieging the castle.

The FPS tanked to about 30-40 FPS, which i didn't think was too strange considering there was around 100 players on screen, all using their skills. But then, sound started cutting off, and then the first crash happened. No error window, no nothing - just a crash to the desktop.

I relogged quickly, and the issue repeated itself - crashed after like 3 minutes. I kept trying, until the game just booted me off to the nearest warcamp.

My PC is Win10, 16g RAM, 1050Ti, i5-7400.
I'm playing on highest possible settings with Texture Cache set on Default.
I know that WAR's engine is pretty damn faulty, but i don't remember it crashing this consistently on retail. Is there something i'm missing?

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Game crashes during bigger fights.

Post#2 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Its not the original server code and has quite some spaghetti code in it as far as i know. You can tweak quite a few things in your settings to reduce the stress on your client by a good amount and reduce crashes. Theres a big forum thread somewhere around called something like: how to reduce crashes. Look in there for all the things you can do.

ChaosNomad

Post#3 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 pm

First of all, thanks for the PM, @Ekundu01 . Can't reply to you, because i registered not too long ago.

@saupreusse Hey, thanks for the swift answer. I will definitely keep lurking. I'm really determined to get it working - i missed this game so much, haha.

I tried troubleshooting with the graphics options - lowering the details, or turning certain options off one by one, to see if a particular effect is causing this. So far, even if i tune everything to lowest possible settings, it still crashes.

I also have no addons whatsoever.

The crashes generally only happen during the castle sieges, when all warbands of both sides come together to clash.

Ekundu01

Post#4 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:05 pm

ChaosNomad wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 pm First of all, thanks for the PM, @Ekundu01 . Can't reply to you, because i registered not too long ago.

@saupreusse Hey, thanks for the swift answer. I will definitely keep lurking. I'm really determined to get it working - i missed this game so much, haha.

I tried troubleshooting with the graphics options - lowering the details, or turning certain options off one by one, to see if a particular effect is causing this. So far, even if i tune everything to lowest possible settings, it still crashes.

I also have no addons whatsoever.

The crashes generally only happen during the castle sieges, when all warbands of both sides come together to clash.
Another thing to try is check your video card settings sometimes to get better FPS you need to turn vsync off in the video card settings. I don't remember is war has that option in game but if it does you can try that first. You might get graphical tearing but it might not crash as much.
Trismack

Valarion

Post#5 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:08 am

Get the 64 bit client now. You wont regret it. The absolutely vast majority of my issues went away with this and disabling all but a few essential addons.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

anarchypark

Post#6 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:05 am

Effect system detail: Fastest Framerate
Animation: Fastest Framerate
Draw Distance: Near
Water uncheck
Post Processing uncheck
Play ability effects on:
normally All but Self at 150vs150 battle.

Targeting menu
uncheck player names also good in 200+ battles.

and 64bit check from launcher option.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

ChaosNomad

Post#7 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:29 am

Valarion wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:08 amGet the 64 bit client now.
anarchypark wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:05 amand 64bit check from launcher option.
Oh man, so i was playing on 32-bit mode this whole time, that definitely narrows it down heavily. Gonna switch it to 64, and see where that takes me.

Glorian

Post#8 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:34 am

Sometimes it is server lag and you can't do anything about it, but you should really try in bigger keep fights what Anarchypark says or work the list in my signature.

High Tech PCs are good. But just some minor settings like styled names, or enemy names can really drag the fps down.

Ads
ChaosNomad

Post#9 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Okay, after several massive fights with my settings turned all the way back up, i can gladly say that i've experienced zero crashes, and even the fps got way better.

The 32-bit client was the culprit, after all.

Thank you everyone for the help :).