Recent Topics

Ads

Consistent Renown Gains

Let's talk about... everything else
drofnasb

Consistent Renown Gains

Post#1 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:48 pm

This topic may ruffle some feathers but I am looking for some opinions or even some help. I can only really play during NA evening time and have noticed it's damn near impossible to get any sort of group together for scenarios on Destro at that time (can't really speak to any other time). Having any sort of T2-T3 character at that time makes you generally useless in RVR as most everyone participating at that time are well established rr40s and that presents an issue for making use of the limited time I have.

How does anyone effectively level renown when scenarios hardly pop and finding a group is damn near impossible? Destro pugs tend to get smashed to smithereens at that time of night. I want to do the work to level but there is also a tremendous amount of wasted time searching for groups in a group oriented game. I feel like rushing rank but leaving renown behind creates more work than trying to level both together. Running supplies is truly one of the most monotonous things, the return is decent but not consistent. Trying continuously to get my renown rank up on any character I level is burning me out.

Ads
kuj0jotar0

Re: Consistent Renown Gains

Post#2 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm

You r not useless in wb, join one or create your own, learn to lead and organize and even if you are outumbered you can get lot of aao renown from smart plays. Even if a zone Is lost you get renown for playing in it.

Orvr is the most reiable source of rp.

drofnasb

Post#3 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Seriously as WE at 25 I am not leading a warband or getting people to do anything especially if I don't know the strategies. That canned answer of just join a warband and run around and kill people for crap renown or wait until there is AAO like that should be some sort of solution is weak. For example last night in reikland there was no AAO. I was running around that zone for quite a while making no renown for ganking people. I was even in a warband. that is a waste of time. I am not gaining xp and barely making renown and sitting there watching wbs run around.

Osred

Post#4 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:25 pm

As a WE youll have to solo roam or play in a 6 man group. Devs have no intention and are strongly against making WE/WH viable in warbands.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

mogt

Post#5 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm

are you kidding me?? a WE can do many things for a wb as many other players think, they can scout the enemy warbands. the WE can attacj attack the healers directly in the backline and so on.

many players thinks all charackters must stay in frontline, that is false each class is important in a warband, head using is impotant

Osred

Post#6 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:07 pm

mogt wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm are you kidding me?? a WE can do many things for a wb as many other players think, they can scout the enemy warbands. the WE can attacj attack the healers directly in the backline and so on.

many players thinks all charackters must stay in frontline, that is false each class is important in a warband, head using is impotant

Yeah but 11 years of this game have shown thats not the case at all. A WE/WH is simply not suited for large scale warband combat no matter how many theories people have, in practice its not the case, ever. Never will be.

You dont need to be in a warband to scout, its a slot wasted. Would rather have a more reliable dps suitable for actually being with the warband.
Backline attacking by yourself and youre already away from the frontline tanks, being instagibbed

drofnasb

Post#7 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:14 pm

A WE at 25/19 isn't going to roll over healers in the backline. If I was able to play during Euro prime time maybe but I can't. Yeah I am able to kill the occasional person who is closer to rank and renown that I am but for the most part I don't have the gear to **** stomp people like everyone else because guess what? I don't have the renown to keep gear up. Then I am forced to grind pve for gear which is dreadful and the xp gain is reduced if I am able to find a group. Effectively reducing the amount of renown I get to zero because I am pvping. One precludes the other.

The whole crux of the situation is the inability to find people to actually coordinate attacks with. Rarely am I able to get a healer alone and blow them up quick enough before their group is able to come and save them lol. And once again I am not lost on how to play witch elf, I am having an issue with good and consistent gains of renown so I don't end up lopsided when I get to 40. I don't find it enjoyable every night playing for hours and not making progress.

Osred

Post#8 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:17 pm

I think the reality is is that the game simply is not popular enough outside of EU hours so there isnt much people could suggest.

Ads
drofnasb

Post#9 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Yeah, I am seeing that now. It is a damn shame too. I guess I will just keep leveling and disregard my renown. It just seems like sub 40 renown could be slightly faster overall outside of locking a zone or something. It is too easy for your rank to fly past your renown if you play outside of prime time.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:06 pm

we used to have flag ticks that were useful during na times but they got removed. i've called for ordnance or some kind of repeatable battlefield quest to replace them. i cannot imagine trying to get a middling 20~ stealther through na rvr, i would honestly just reroll