Recent Topics

Ads

Need your honest opinion about this game

Let's talk about... everything else
Aziano

Re: Need your honest opinion about this game

Post#31 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:46 pm

My 2 cents;

I started playing about 8 weeks ago. I already have 13 different characters, and have developed a core of classes I want to level up.

I like trying out different classes for 2 reasons;

1) To see how they work and feel, because on paper they may appear one way and when you play them you may very well find out differently. Sure, you can watch some youtube videos, but imo, the only true way to get a feel for a class is to try it out for yourself.

2) I feel it is important to understand the different class abilities across the board, especially so in a PvP game. It will help you better understand what you are up against when you square off against your opponent, and what targets to prioritize etc.

I have played many mmo's for many years, and I know that I am not a PVE kinda guy, I live for the PvP, and as such this game offers very good PvP. If you feel similar, there is a very good chance you will enjoy this game. I wish I had played this back in Live, not sure why I never did, probably just to busy with what I had going at the time.

Like others have said, it's not an easy walk in the park. It takes some tenacity and perseverance at times. But I find that makes the journey all the more rewarding.

In your case, some classes I would recommend checking out for RDPs; Magus/Engineer, Shaman/Archmage. They are probably the easiest to play for RDPS in my newbie opinion.

In my case, I surprised myself somewhat by finding I really enjoy the Engineer, ymmv.

Edit: I should probably add one caveat to the DPS Shaman/Archmage, and I hate that I really even need to, but there are people who love to hate on the DPS Shaman/Archmage, they seem to feel that you should be healing them, not Dps'ing.
I say play the game how you want, have fun, it's a game. A Dps Shaman/Archmage played well, can be a lot of fun!

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi there, I started the game yesterday and I am having a blast! I spent almost 5 years talking about it on forums and now finally installed it. I can't believe, that I didn't convince myself earlier to try this out.
Dying is no option.

chazwozza

Post#33 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 am

Unbalanced

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:51 am

Warhammer did endure a lot of hate from in particular WOW. Most of their comments were complete rubbish but people believed it. As a result Warhammer never got a fair crack and the playerbase died. Its the best RVR game ever made where pvp is not fornite battle royale rubbish one shot youre dead. Proper fighting big battle use of sound tactic and castle sieges.

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:22 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:51 am Warhammer did endure a lot of hate from in particular WOW. Most of their comments were complete rubbish but people believed it. As a result Warhammer never got a fair crack and the playerbase died. Its the best RVR game ever made where pvp is not fornite battle royale rubbish one shot youre dead. Proper fighting big battle use of sound tactic and castle sieges.
Ehhh no, the game was doomed from the get-go because its release coincided with that of WoW's most popular xpac (WOTLK). It was incredibly unstable and imbalanced for years (Marauder was nothing more than a debuff bot until later on in its life, BW and Sorc bombing OP AF in the beginning, etc), but by the time this was rectified, it was already too late.

RoR has the big battles and PvE if you're interested in that, but I don't think that there's an abundance of tactic-based warfare anymore, and the smallscale competitive scene is non-existent.

TLDR; if you like casual RvR and PvE, then you'll like RoR.

randomeclipse

Post#36 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:01 pm

When something better comes out I'll play that.

chazwozza

Post#37 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:32 am

Already has

Ketamine

Post#38 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am

If you like casual RvR, zerg etc, and hardcore PvE then this game is for you : )))
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Ads
vianiznice

Post#39 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:30 am

Ketamine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am hardcore PvE
Nice joke :)

DirkDaring

Post#40 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Ketamine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am If you like casual RvR, zerg etc, and hardcore PvE then this game is for you : )))

Hardcore PVE . HAHAHAHAHAHA

Clearly you never played in the Glory days of old EQ 1999-2004, experience loss, able to de_level, item loss if corpse not looted , no ex rez on corpses with no items on them, had a guilde bind in fear once, went from level 54 to 50 before she could crash the game, only able to get 1 corpse rezed.

Then the actual raiding

Vesheens peak, North temple of Vesheen, Dragon Necroplis, Vex Thall, flagging for plane of time etc , lol everything pve related in this game is trival.

we killed all bosses in Bastion stairs over the last 3 days , now waiting on lockout timers, to do them again, havent done BS in years was very fun, looking forward to Lost vale, and LOTD, in the future, nice break, and fun change from the zergling RvR mentality.