Recent Topics

Ads

Need your honest opinion about this game

Let's talk about... everything else
nebelwerfer

Re: Need your honest opinion about this game

Post#41 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

it's a lot of fun, but making friends and being a team player is very important to be successful in this game

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Ketamine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am If you like casual RvR, zerg etc, and hardcore PvE then this game is for you : )))
Basically this. Competitive PvP is dead, smallscale is dead, casual sensitive zerging + Dora the Dungeon Explorer is the go-to.

Kragg

Post#43 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm Hi there, I started the game yesterday and I am having a blast! I spent almost 5 years talking about it on forums and now finally installed it. I can't believe, that I didn't convince myself earlier to try this out.
Well, you havent imptroved much over those 5 years so its very believeable! :P

/hide_in_bush
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Penril

Post#44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm
Ketamine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am If you like casual RvR, zerg etc, and hardcore PvE then this game is for you : )))
Basically this. Competitive PvP is dead, smallscale is dead, casual sensitive zerging + Dora the Dungeon Explorer is the go-to.
i lol'd at the Dora part.

Asherdoom

Post#45 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 pm

I give my honest review: (JUST MY IDEA NO FLAME OR ACCUSATIONS INTENDED)
At first glance game looks great (i never played retail myself, only here) but after the first minutes you realize why this game might have closed the retail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K586vRkbdLw

Apart the horrible class unbalance design (based on a rock/paper/scissors style in 1v1, the game lack the whole warhammer flavour: no bretonnnia, no tomb kings, nothing. Just 6 races with locked class setup and "mirror" class design, somewhat mitigated by this server staff balancing and redesigning.
The class themselves are quite authistic compared to, for example, games like WOW or RIFT (where you canc reate your own spec as youlike) and many classes like WH or WE are sthealt>pop all on the poor caster>kiol it>get nuked because you have no survival at all>ress and repeat. There is no trinket like wow, no tactical approach etc... if for example you are a sorceress and getting attacked by a WH for example, you are dead. period. nothing you can do (uinless said dps got serious brain damage, me myslef tested witch hunter for fun 2 years ago and there was no way i was defeated by a caster although was my first time in this game), as i said is a rock/paper / scissor game design, or for example look at choppa/slayer status: you need 3 persons babysitting you or you are basivcally a free kill INDIPENDENTLY from how good as player you are. you die, that's it.

Concerning world: animations are lacklusters and buggy (many times you see mobs around objects or inside it making hard see where they hit ya); quests are the typical "go there kill x and go back" style and the only thing that mitigate such pain is the PQ system:

PQ are dead, literally. Low population and no one leveling outside mass rvr zerg make hard quests undoable for many classes unless a rank 40 is boosting you. This contribute to make the game more unlikable and reducing it in a simple login>zerg/afk in open rvr for medallions>log off which in a MMORPG is a total cancer. (in theory in a MMO RPG [role play game] you are supposed to explore the world and not just 2 or 3 areas to grind level 40 asap).
PVE is non existant here apart some pathetic world boss, but this is the same like retail i have been told and so i dunno what to say about it, maybe was a simple more rvr focused game, the hell tho.

Gear: Gear is easily obtainable as i mentioned before afking under BO in open rvr areas. there are not arenas like wow where skill is what matters and he biggest blob wins the day. (i recall a day afking in follow in warband in facebook and grinded quite a lot of soldiers medallions lol, good emories Requiem guild XD)

Community wise: i was suprised here: unlike many MMORPG here community is very friendly (apart the atypical troll you ll find everywhere) and very helpful. Since the first time i played i asked in globalmany things and got a lot of assistance concerning class and gear infos. A very positive point of this server.

Conclusion: I would recomend people play here but have not many hoopes: game is truncated, lack 80% of warhammer world and is just a nostalgia revival of a long dead game. BVetter go WOW or something like that if u like MMORPG.

hail to everyone and have a nice day fellas and hug to community and thanks for sharing great memories! :D

oaliaen

Post#46 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Very good video. And BW keep being the most Op class of the game.

peterthepan3

Post#47 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:02 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:59 pm Very good video. And BW keep being the most Op class of the game.
Wasn't it WL last week?

Starting to think it's whatever class shits all over you on that particular day (so all of them).

Asherdoom

Post#48 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:03 pm

honestly what sent me away from game was the brainless ORVR zerg pvp design and the total lack of tomb kings (my most favoured warhammer faction). it is not dev fault ofc they revived a nostalgia game, but that i already explaine in my main topic :D

Ads
oaliaen

Post#49 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:08 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:02 pm
oaliaen wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:59 pm Very good video. And BW keep being the most Op class of the game.
Wasn't it WL last week?

Starting to think it's whatever class shits all over you on that particular day (so all of them).
Dont know..i wsnt playing last week.

Toonman

Post#50 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:13 pm

#makeSCgreatagain