Recent Topics

Ads

Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Josewales

Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 pm

And then what?

I played Destro when things were filpped when it came to balance and pop. At least Destro at the time roamed and didnt turtle with lesser numbers. Now the shoe is on the other foot, Order mostly has range and can not push. As a result, boring WC games.

I switched to Order early this year once I saw the numbers flip, and this is no enjoyable. Now Destro greatly outnumbers Order...and at a time when Forts are implemented. They manipulate two at once and are guaranteed 8 medals, where defenders are handicapped from fort swapping. And most only get 4 while sitting in one and waiting.

Order needs some incentives to help balance this mess out. Order needs pop!

Seriously this is boring as hell. Ya ya I know, if its your side that is winning all is good. I seen Destro get steam rolled last year and Order was content with that just like Destro is now. I for one want balance and fun!!!!

Anyways fix this mess!
Last edited by Josewales on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Kellanved

Re: Should We All Stop Playing Order?

Post#2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:20 pm

I don't know your playtimes m8 but from my point of view (a person who play a lot in last year) destro is not "owning everything. Its even oposite in my playtime. There are moments when destro have better numbers but its not most of time. And even with better numbers many times order farm destro in keep defences, forts etc.
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH

Josewales

Post#3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Like I said.

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:32 pm

I don't mind being outnumbered. To be honest, it is so much better being on the losing side of a one sided battle since you actually have to try and do stuff rather than passively follow a zerg hunting for one or two players.

One thing that bothers me is an increasing tendency of a side with more numbers (destruction in NA times) to push empty zones to get to a fort if they find the going getting tough in one zone. What happens is that when they push the empty zone, order ends up with slightly more numbers in the original zone but cant seige because the 2 or 3 warbands pushing the empty zone just fly back.

One solution might be to not give fort medals if there are too few people defending in the fort. The point of the zone switching should be primarily cater for the overspill of players, not for one side to just avoid fighting the other.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Order needs to organize in bigger and more serius guilds. That will resolve the problem. VII is putting a good efford on that part. I hope more will follow
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:37 pm

The way to fight far superior numbers, is not to try and out Zerg the other side, the best way is to use terrain, scouts, small skrimsh groups 6-8, so they can move fast and hide easier, and misdirection to force them to split up, into smaller more manageable forces .

Utilize communication between Warbands, setting up flanking, and ambushes etc, instead of just trying to overwhelm them with numbers. You arent going to beat them by trying to match the size of their zerg, without tactics you will always lose .

While this is just a little series that aired on the History Channel, it does have good strategies for fighting against a far larger force.

The Art of War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yksexpya78E
Last edited by DirkDaring on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oaliaen

Post#7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:44 pm

keep in mind, order zerged for 6 months...and all was wonderful.

Detangler

Post#8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Seems like longer than 6 months....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:45 pm

I blame the fact that 2/3s of our faction population is made up of BWs and dps ams

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:47 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:44 pm keep in mind, order zerged for 6 months...and all was wonderful.
Order Zerg for 6 months working as intended

Destro Zerg for 2 days “were taking away all your medals and armor that you earned”

:P