Recent Topics

Ads

[Archmage] Is archmage really that bad option for healer class?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Golaz

[Archmage] Is archmage really that bad option for healer class?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:27 pm

I see everyone recommending runepriest for healing over archmage on forum. I see RP has better toolkit but there is something with the Archmage that makes it more compelling to heal with for me. The animations and swoosh sounds sounds so good when hotting. I just can't stand that lazer beam sound when healing with the RP.

Also archmage seems to have most healing abilities in 1 spec tree while the runepriest has to span his points over 2 spec trees?
Does not that make our core healing abilities stronger than for the RP? I also notice the M4 for runepriest does not look to good compared to AM or am I completely off here?

Anyone else that have healed with high level archmage and runepriest can give me any input on why they prefer healing with one of these classes over the other? You think I will regret picking the archmage over the runepriest?

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [Archmage] Is archmage really that bad option for healer class?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm

At higher level plays RP is always better than AM; but if you’re not trying to premade WB (matter less here but still a bit) or 6v6 then it really doesn’t matter and AM is fine.

RP brings a few things over am: stagger + silence > silence, mobile heals, constant spot heals, Buffs, AP Rune, and more defensive options. Only unique things an AM brings is ap drain, insta Rez, and Aoe snare; while these are nice you really only need one per WB max and in 6v6 you NEED a RP and WP.

So yea in 95% of the game they’re plenty viable.
<Montague><Capulet>

Rydiak

Post#3 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Archmage is a very solid healer, and there are plenty of good AMs that prove that daily. Ultimately though, play what you want and what you have the most fun with. Balance is close enough among the classes that outside of certain edge cases they will all perform within a tight range of each other. Hell, I play Grace Warrior Priest. :P
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

adamthelc

Post#4 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:15 pm

I wouldnt worry about it. You want to play an AM, you should play an AM.

subfal

Post#5 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:47 am

What do you want to do? Solo, Duo, 6 man premade, wb, PUG, sc?
Subzx - Bright Wizard
Sbzx - Runepriest
Subtheal - Archmage
Subz - Sorcerer
Subzist - Zealot

Youtube Channel
Twitch Channel

tazdingo

Post#6 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:44 pm

^^^^^^^

also am is leagues above shaman, awesome healer. good AMs win pub scs

Xergon

Post#7 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:53 pm

WarriorPriest - strongest AoE/GroupHeals, Prayer, Wounds buff, Group Bubble, AP for group on Heal

Runepriest - good ST and GroupHeals, AP rune + AP for group tactic, Heal boost procs, Shield on Heal proc

Archmage - strongest ST heals, hard to pull off GroupHeals (means with 5 stack CS he can burst out a lot Heal but w/o its worst GroupHealing), unlimited target slow puddle, 5s Silence (if specced)

So yeah, WP and RP are far above AM but obviously it doesn't mean you cant play AM properly and be useful/good.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Arbich
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:55 pm

AM healer >>>>> all other shitty healers. go for it!
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 pm

AM morale pump, 5 second silence, AP drain and (potential) HD have their uses, but gl taking spot from a WP unless you're exceptional, lel.

RP? Too good not to have, even moreso now that they bring an armor debuff via tactic.

Manatikik

Post#10 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 pm AM morale pump, 5 second silence, AP drain and (potential) HD have their uses, but gl taking spot from a WP unless you're exceptional, lel.

RP? Too good not to have, even moreso now that they bring an armor debuff via tactic.
You value RP over WP for wounds buff?
<Montague><Capulet>