Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] What's a good build right now for WL?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wolfx

[WL] What's a good build right now for WL?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi guys,

I was playing live before and just came back to the game. I'm lvl 20 right now and I struggle to find a good build. I started with the tree to get pounce and I use the strenght tactic. Can someone with some experience with white lion on ROR provide me with an end game build that I could follow please? (Mastery, tactics, rotation, etc.)

Thanks!

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [WL] What's a good build right now for WL?

Post#2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:40 pm

RoR.builders - White Lion

grab lionine frenzy and Roar at higher RR levels

4th tactic is up to you i prefer flanking

Wolfx

Post#3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Thanks! Do you also have a standard dps rotation for PVP? Like the top 4 skills to use for damage. Is it worth to use Blindside or the other dot?

Also for renown point, what do you prioritize?

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Wolfx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:27 pm Thanks! Do you also have a standard dps rotation for PVP? Like the top 4 skills to use for damage. Is it worth to use Blindside or the other dot?

Also for renown point, what do you prioritize?
Parry, deft defender, currently 2 levels of futile strikes after that I’m going to invest into str and maybe another lvl of futile strikes if I feel I need it

satanicomoderno

Post#5 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:34 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:40 pm RoR.builders - White Lion

grab lionine frenzy and Roar at higher RR levels

4th tactic is up to you i prefer flanking
With this build you won't kill a shammy in your whole life.
White lion has nice tactics but unfortunetly, the actual scenario of the game force us to have speed training slotted on tactics and pounce, otherwise you're going to die fast for any rdps.

This is my build atm, I'm not happy with it tho, but yet i can kill almost all shamans, we and solo dps that face me, but I keep doing tests to find a better build, where i could melt shamans like I used to do before

sydd

Post#6 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:15 pm

satanicomoderno wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:34 pm
With this build you won't kill a shammy in your whole life.
White lion has nice tactics but unfortunetly, the actual scenario of the game force us to have speed training slotted on tactics and pounce, otherwise you're going to die fast for any rdps.

This is my build atm, I'm not happy with it tho, but yet i can kill almost all shamans, we and solo dps that face me, but I keep doing tests to find a better build, where i could melt shamans like I used to do before
Same build i'm using atm. Did u ever try to slot baited trap using baiting strike as anytime?

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:26 pm

sydd wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:15 pm
Same build i'm using atm. Did u ever try to slot baited trap using baiting strike as anytime?
No Because what are you going to drop for it?
50% crit?
AA haste?
Brute force?

Speed training or in my case flanking? Theres better tactics that to use one tied to a PvE ablity thats not really part of the rotation anyway

sydd

Post#8 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:26 pm
sydd wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:15 pm
No Because what are you going to drop for it?
50% crit?
AA haste?
Brute force?

Speed training or in my case flanking? Theres better tactics that to use one tied to a PvE ablity thats not really part of the rotation anyway
With Baited trap + baiting strike you get disrupt increase chance 10% and +940 armor for 15 sec every time you use it. Do this seems something pve to you?
And yes, i would try it dropping AA haste in a build like this:

Btw this is my build atm:

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:25 pm

sydd wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm

With Baited trap + baiting strike you get disrupt increase chance 10% and +940 armor for 15 sec every time you use it. Do this seems something pve to you?
And yes, i would try it dropping AA haste in a build like this:

Biting strike its self is a pve ability

I never found i needed the armor from it as i use armor pots and the 10% disrupt i didnt find all that impactful

WL is all about burst a singular target quickly and id rather have the tactics to do that better

satanicomoderno

Post#10 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Atm WL is not a class with many builds, what we have is the option to use pack hunting or flanking only, because you won't remove the other tactics. However, sometimes I like to remove speed training and slot flanking and pack hunting together, the problem with it is that you won't have the lion chasing the enemy, so trying to kill a goblin is out of question, but works perfectly on marauders and witch elves.

I wouldn't slot baited trap in any ocasion, even on pve.