Ads

Patch Notes 12/10/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 12/10/2019

Post#11 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm so basically getting rid of domination is just going back to how it was before, spawn campfest?

Exactly.

Ads
Nameless

Post#12 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:44 pm
Akalukz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm so basically getting rid of domination is just going back to how it was before, spawn campfest?

Exactly.
give renown from guard kills like it was on live and even this will be worth some effort from the being camped side
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Akalukz

Post#13 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Exactly.
I guess I don't understand. Seems backwards. I think the problem wasn't so much dominattion, as it was domination and slow pop. Why not fix the pop issue (class balance checker) first?
-= Agony =-

blakokami

Post#14 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:32 pm

As a solo/duo player and occasional 6man player, thank you so much for removing domination. Just for the sake of getting to play some scenarios out that were ending too early. I have won on points plenty of times against stronger teams. I have also lost against a weaker team when I was in a 6man because we had a harder time fighting off the enemy team AND at the same time doing the objective effectively. I hate spawn camping just as much or more than anyone. The old domination that was in the game 1 or 2 years ago was fine with me. If one side is clearly winning kills/points wise then having the points rack up faster is fine. Having 15 minute stalemates that result in 1 emblem for both sides leaves a bitter taste in everyones mouth especially with how expensive sc gear is and for it being the weakest gear for many classes and specs.

Also, as other's before me have pointed out ; Many times that domination has been happening was in a pug vs pug instance (not the pug sc, I just mean no premades on either side). Very rarely is a scenario going to be completely balanced. You have to factor in group compositions, renown, gear, player skill, willingness to fight or play objective etc etc.

I think another solution to the scenario problem could be making some QoL changes to the objectives in some scenarios. For example, in bomb running scenarios - giving more time to turn in the bomb, or giving more points for turn in. Could also give more points for capturing both flags in scenarios such as logrins forge, khaine's embrace, highpass cemetery( All some of the most disliked scenarios along with talabec dam). Also on live kills gave more points iirc which made people focus on just enjoying the instanced fight instead of having people split off always to do objectives making a lopsided fight.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

neutrino

Post#15 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:41 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm [General]

- You can no longer apply 2 talismans with same stats on them even if different talismans.
I'm not sure I'm following this change. Are you saying we can't put all of the same type of talisman in our gear?
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Darks63

Post#16 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 am

neutrino wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:41 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm [General]

- You can no longer apply 2 talismans with same stats on them even if different talismans.
I'm not sure I'm following this change. Are you saying we can't put all of the same type of talisman in our gear?
I think what it meant was you could put the same stat type(in this case Int) in say a staff if one was a lvl 28 tali and the other was 24 herby having slightly different stats but the same type.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Rubius
Developer

Post#17 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 am

Rydiak wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:57 pm
zgolec wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:56 pm Ummm...

[RvR]
- Casting abilities will now be cancelled on entering a keep/fortress door.

You wanna say htl/wods etc will cancel itself on passing gate???
I believe this is for postern doors.
I believe there was also a reported bug where players could begin rezzing someone outside the door, then click it to go to safety, and finish the rez inside a keep. This may be partly tied to that.

Psychoxell

Post#18 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 am

IT is only if the gate is up. If the gate is down and you go through the door, this skill will not be cancelled
Adeptha - Warrior Priest - RR92 - Bene Tleilax

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:00 am

Akalukz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Exactly.
I guess I don't understand. Seems backwards. I think the problem wasn't so much dominattion, as it was domination and slow pop. Why not fix the pop issue (class balance checker) first?
Yeah, remove the queue changes and then we have faster pops again and matches ending early due to domination are less of a problem.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:04 am

Please note that the changes to domination is a test and it may come back if no improvement has been reached.

As for the talisman change it was because prior to this patch you could add say a -1% chance to be parried and a -2% chance to be parried on the same weapon, thus giving you -3%. This would be the case for any and all talismans. It was simply not intended and a miss in code.

As for keep doors, it applies to keep doors, fortress doors, keep posterns, fortress posterns. i.e. you could go through door to enemy side, start a ress or other ability and then duck back in and the spell would continue to cast.