Recent Topics

Ads

idea for balance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
samster
Posts: 90

Re: idea for balance

Post#11 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Not a troll, honestly. Just thinking of ideas to actually do something about the population imbalance. I loove your idea, btw. The event that i talked about earlier (where a mediocre choppa accidentally received the imba-def jewelry item and became a god for a good hour or so) had two house-sized NPCs fighting one another. That should be possible to be worked into your idea

Ads
User avatar
Mordecaieth
Posts: 38
Contact:

Re: idea for balance

Post#12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 pm

samster wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 pm
Not a troll, honestly. Just thinking of ideas to actually do something about the population imbalance. I loove your idea, btw. The event that i talked about earlier (where a mediocre choppa accidentally received the imba-def jewelry item and became a god for a good hour or so) had two house-sized NPCs fighting one another. That should be possible to be worked into your idea
This sounds hilarious. I wonder if there's any video of it anywhere. Is the BoB a staff only item or something?

samster
Posts: 90

Re: idea for balance

Post#13 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:34 pm

The only other place and time that i saw it was on the tester server.
It basically pumps your "defensive' stats through the roof and grants you some insane HP regeneration rate.
So no matter what damage you take, your regen out-does it

User avatar
Ekundu01
Posts: 156

Re: idea for balance

Post#14 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 pm

I would say best bet would be to add more NPCs and up the difficulty of them the higher the AAO imbalance is in keeps. Ultimately that is where the fight ends up.

For example something like this.

20% aao adds a few more guards around the keep and in lord room.
40% aao adds some extra siege equipment at the top of the keep.
60% aao turns extra guards added into champs.
80% aao ups level of guards.
100% aao adds a hero to the lords room.
Anything over 100% starts to speed up respawn rate of guards.

As each threshold is reached it stays in effect until aao drops down. So if you are at 60% aao the 60%, 40%, and 20% bonuses would be in play at the keep for that realm.
Trismack

Eweon
Posts: 12

Re: idea for balance

Post#15 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 am

Simple idea: Helling man classes:
1. Buff aoe
But
2. Bring friendlyfire
So, aoe will be strong. - Hit your own Team on the other hand.

User avatar
normanis
Posts: 468
Contact:

Re: idea for balance

Post#16 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:19 pm

i would love to see gnomishpocketknife - GPK. that allows res ppl every 10min ( 3 sec castime)

User avatar
TenTonHammer
Posts: 3736

Re: idea for balance

Post#17 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Eweon wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 am
Simple idea: Helling man classes:
1. Buff aoe
But
2. Bring friendlyfire
So, aoe will be strong. - Hit your own Team on the other hand.
Absolutely no griefing potential right there....
Image

User avatar
carlos
Posts: 163

Re: idea for balance

Post#18 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Ekundu01 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 pm
I would say best bet would be to add more NPCs and up the difficulty of them the higher the AAO imbalance is in keeps. Ultimately that is where the fight ends up.

For example something like this.

20% aao adds a few more guards around the keep and in lord room.
40% aao adds some extra siege equipment at the top of the keep.
60% aao turns extra guards added into champs.
80% aao ups level of guards.
100% aao adds a hero to the lords room.
Anything over 100% starts to speed up respawn rate of guards.

As each threshold is reached it stays in effect until aao drops down. So if you are at 60% aao the 60%, 40%, and 20% bonuses would be in play at the keep for that realm.
So even more PvE elements...?
*sigh*
Nbk - Bene Tleilax

Ads
User avatar
Ekundu01
Posts: 156

Re: idea for balance

Post#19 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:26 pm

carlos wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:17 pm
Ekundu01 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 pm
I would say best bet would be to add more NPCs and up the difficulty of them the higher the AAO imbalance is in keeps. Ultimately that is where the fight ends up.

For example something like this.

20% aao adds a few more guards around the keep and in lord room.
40% aao adds some extra siege equipment at the top of the keep.
60% aao turns extra guards added into champs.
80% aao ups level of guards.
100% aao adds a hero to the lords room.
Anything over 100% starts to speed up respawn rate of guards.

As each threshold is reached it stays in effect until aao drops down. So if you are at 60% aao the 60%, 40%, and 20% bonuses would be in play at the keep for that realm.
So even more PvE elements...?
*sigh*
Well unfortunately there is not really another good solution to counter a massive force that outnumbers one side unless they put limits on lakes like they do in forts and that is complete garbage of a solution. If you give people more power to kill others through buffs it creates imbalances for small groups that are not following the zerg creating even more blobbing.

Like it or not the direction this game has gone you need to do some aspect of pve and if you think city siege will be any different don't hold your breath.
Trismack

GpuSW
Posts: 13

Re: idea for balance

Post#20 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:46 pm

clown world 2k19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests