Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Heaven's Blade

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
WeGotThis

[SM] Heaven's Blade

Post#1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:14 pm

As you know heavens Blade and Phantom's Blade have been chaged, now all 3 buffs are mirrored to Blackorc.

There is one small difference...
The blackorc Armor/Ressi buff procs on incoming dmg, SM one procs on outgoing.
This makes the buff pretty much useless... you would use it when you don't have kotbs in party.
But now you stand infront of Keep or Fort and you are supposed to hit a caster to get a little more defence against this mass of Magis and sorcs.

I mean when the goal of the change is to make make it mirror buffs, then a mistake was made and could be fixxed..
And when the argument of making that difference is: "we dont want mirrorskills/classes" then why change at all...

What are your thoughts guys? am i wrong?

Ps: was looking for a Thread about that for an hour and couldnt find... Hope this doenst already exist

Ads
kam19080

Re: [SM] Heaven's Blade

Post#2 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:33 am

Agree with you, as the original version of HB, it's a resist debuff. it's more effective as an offensive trend of the class.

But you should give out some suggestions and post on "Gameplay & Balance DIscussion".

In my opinion, HB should renew to a CC buff/debuff or easier activated defensive skill due to SM is so lacked in CC skills and resist.
(e.g. snare, stun, AP drain/steal and so on[debuff] or group increasing run speed, casting time, reduce the duration and tick interval, immunity, AP recover[buff} and etc.

Also easier activated resistance buff is good for SM's weak point at defensive.
[e.g. 25% to steal or just buff armor and resist when attacking target, instead of just buff of the target main dps's related defensive characteristic when attacking them]

Morale debuff was a good patch before, however, it may too overpower as a non-Morale Aoe morale debuff.

WeGotThis

Post#3 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:38 am

Already did a proposal meanwhile...

your ideas are kind of OP. CC or party runspeed, like sovereign set.
But thanks for realizing that there is something wrong.

It would be nice if the actual buff procs on incoming dmg so you could compensate a missing Kotbs.

From my view i'd like old Heavens Blade back... not for myself, But for BW by example...
Order has no aoe ressi debuff for BW AoE, destro for their sorcs have multiple... (not counting kotbs/choosen aura)

But for the start i just say the way it is now, that you need to hit the target with meele attacks is bullshit :lol:
You cannot even throw an axe to proc it :)

Battlefield

Post#4 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Absolutly agree if it made like so it should be like Black orc has or bring back resistance debuff like it was better !

Penril

Post#5 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:00 pm

And then you will whine when it never procs cause (good) players almost never attack a tank.

Battlefield

Post#6 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Penril wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:00 pm And then you will whine when it never procs cause (good) players almost never attack a tank.
as 70rr+ Borc i can say it proc happens very often even some Borcs using loudmouth tactic with and it gives good resistance buff vs mages when u are far from them but SM can get such resistance buff just at 5ft it's joke really :lol:
Last edited by Battlefield on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#7 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:30 pm

I concur.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

zgolec

Post#8 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Working as intended. Its just another "tweak" to make order classes even worse ;)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Battlefield

Post#9 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:34 pm

So the main differences are Borc able to get resistance buff (da Greenest) on distance but SM Heaven's Blade only melee radius 5ft after hits and this is absolutly not fair ! Previous resistance debuff was much better....

Battlefield

Post#10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:57 pm

also this tactics work on distance or behind for Borc with da Greenest and many Borcs use it RoR.builders - Black Orc also SM should come to 5ft then make some hits to get healing tactic buff