Recent Topics

Ads

Tired of oRvR

Let's talk about... everything else
TiberiusD

Tired of oRvR

Post#1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:23 am

Hello!

As title said, i started to feel fed up about oRvR and want to do something else in this game. I love this and i played live from day one till last day. I enjoyed it, got a lot of playmates and had a lot of fun.
After spending a lot of time in Return of Reckoning doing oRvR, i am kinda sick of it. When i go in WC, turn in, get new quests and get RvR flagged, i feel numb. I feel like i am doing this like a robot, without thinking.
I am sick and tired of it, till new content will be brought in game (gear and city sieges).

What is left? PvE and Scenarios.

Let me get this one by one.

PvE - i started going for Tome of Knowledge unlocks and everytime i find myself doing them solo. I have no one to party with, no one to talk with and no one to work with. To see what i have / what they have to compare our stuff and help eachother get at the same level. To discuss and to think of methods of which is the best way to get stuff
Scenarios - as a DPS and soloq i find scenarios popping way slower. I stay in Aldorf, queue do some RL stuff and come back. There again i do not have people to party with and to play with. No one wants me in their parties, even if i posted in and out of primetime that i am looking for group.

Some of you will say to join destro - i never liked destro. Not in live or here. It's not for me and i don't feel confortable to play it.
Some will say to roll another class - i tried in x2 event and failed. Not to mention the fact that i've played all order classes on live but i was not able to complete my engineer because game shutted down.

So here i am now, out of ideas. I don't want to leave this game. This is the only game i play now out of hundreds of games on Steam, Origin, Uplay and other platforms.

All i need is one or two people to work together in Scenarios and Tome of Knowledge Unlocks. Is that hard to find this type of people? Am i the only one doing this on order? Am i doing something wrong here? Is anyone willing to help me (and of course helping that person) achieve these things?

Tibdum

Ads
toffikx

Re: Tired of oRvR

Post#2 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:22 am

If you’re not already part of a guild, try finding one. While a tok based one would be hard to find, a lot of guilds do scenarios. Regarding noone wanting you in the parties; is that a gameplay issue (not assisting, bad positioning, wrong target focus) ? Is it that you play a sub-optimal sc class in group settings? That it’s harder to find grp as dps? Did you make a bad name for yourself? If you are not finding the game stimulating any longer, maybe take a break and come back later?

Collateral

Post#3 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:24 am

Just take a break. There's so many other things to do and games to play, you never know what you might find fun and interesting.

wonshot

Post#4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:32 am

Sorry to hear you are what appear burnt out Tib. But yeah sounds like a break would do you good, or have you tried your unlock your creative side, and start doing nicely edited videos to promote the game. You out of all of us, know what it has to offer that is not just pvp and rvr.

Show us the hidden gems this gameworld has to offer, make it appealing for newcomers to join your interest in doing Tome unlocks. Just an idea.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

kilafornia

Post#5 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Cry me a river

TheFiend

Post#6 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:27 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:23 am Hello!

As title said, i started to feel fed up about oRvR and want to do something else in this game. I love this and i played live from day one till last day. I enjoyed it, got a lot of playmates and had a lot of fun.
After spending a lot of time in Return of Reckoning doing oRvR, i am kinda sick of it. When i go in WC, turn in, get new quests and get RvR flagged, i feel numb. I feel like i am doing this like a robot, without thinking.
I am sick and tired of it, till new content will be brought in game (gear and city sieges).

What is left? PvE and Scenarios.

Let me get this one by one.

PvE - i started going for Tome of Knowledge unlocks and everytime i find myself doing them solo. I have no one to party with, no one to talk with and no one to work with. To see what i have / what they have to compare our stuff and help eachother get at the same level. To discuss and to think of methods of which is the best way to get stuff
Scenarios - as a DPS and soloq i find scenarios popping way slower. I stay in Aldorf, queue do some RL stuff and come back. There again i do not have people to party with and to play with. No one wants me in their parties, even if i posted in and out of primetime that i am looking for group.

Some of you will say to join destro - i never liked destro. Not in live or here. It's not for me and i don't feel confortable to play it.
Some will say to roll another class - i tried in x2 event and failed. Not to mention the fact that i've played all order classes on live but i was not able to complete my engineer because game shutted down.

So here i am now, out of ideas. I don't want to leave this game. This is the only game i play now out of hundreds of games on Steam, Origin, Uplay and other platforms.

All i need is one or two people to work together in Scenarios and Tome of Knowledge Unlocks. Is that hard to find this type of people? Am i the only one doing this on order? Am i doing something wrong here? Is anyone willing to help me (and of course helping that person) achieve these things?

Tibdum
Hi Tibdum,

I'd like to team up with you. Let Me In.

Check pm. See you in-game,

Bye!
HURT HEAL

Kragg

Post#7 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Sorry to hear that, mate! Hope it works out!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

kryss

Post#8 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:37 pm

My best advice: take a break sometimes tib, works well with RoR. I usually play a couple of late evenings per week, maybe even less, but I feel accomplishment and progression anyway (it's kinda easy here) without getting burned or stressed. If you are really that confused, take a longer break and play a good single player game.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#9 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:25 pm

Try play a weaker class ... every day is a very good day when you accomplishes something. Must be very boring pushing 1 buttom yea, i agree.

TiberiusD

Post#10 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:52 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:25 pm Try play a weaker class ... every day is a very good day when you accomplishes something. Must be very boring pushing 1 buttom yea, i agree.
...and the Darwin Award goes to...