Recent Topics

Ads

“Mortals cannot win war with what is eternal.” -Horus Heresy

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mjwrench

“Mortals cannot win war with what is eternal.” -Horus Heresy

Post#1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:20 am

BROTHERS!!
We all love 40k as much as fantasy and perhaps even more. Don't lie.

If you're not a frequent humble bundle customer as much as I am, let me relieve you the amazing discovery I've stumbled upon:

Horus Heresy Audiobooks by Black Library, 19 days left
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/voic ... velup4kids

40k Rogue Trader by Cubicle7, 10 Days left
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warh ... velup4kids

On an unrelated note, I'm torn between Thousand Sons and Death Guard at the moment. I have small 500 pt contingents of both because I love their lore and aesthetics. Just not sure which one to make a full 1000 pt army. (Can't do both, or I'll piss off my wife)

Anyway, I'll leave you here with this:
"The minds of gods are not for mortals to know, or to judge. Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme, and be happy in the part you have to play."
— Proclamation of Magnus the Red

Cheers!

Ads
Plaguewall

Re: “Mortals cannot win war with what is eternal.” -Horus Heresy

Post#2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 am

I love the Horus Heresy series, although I prefer reading to listening.

Deathguard are great because there's a big variety of models if you like to paint creatively. Conversely, TS are great if you like a nice, uniform look. Because I am addicted to plastic crack I've got thousands and thousands of points of both and more of the traditional chaos and daemon armies.

Play wise I prefer the deathguard with allied nurgle daemons. Wiping my opponent off the board in a battle of attrition is kinda my thing.

mjwrench

Post#3 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:28 am

Oh I know right? I love both of their aesthetics, ESPECIALLY TS and you're right, the uniform look is so good. And their psychic toolkit is fun to mess around.
BUT Deathguard and Nurgle also has a special place in my heart.

Plus daemons from either can be used for AoS which I play as well.

Dilemma is my wife lol. She obviously knows I'm torn. So here's why:
Magnus
OR
Mortarion

Both awesome models, lore is awesome, and their model is goddamn awesome.
Either one of these will be the pivoting point towards finishing 1000 pt army before 2020 which is my goal.

What makes matter worse, GW just announced new Slaves of Darkness models, Sisters of Battle this Nov 30th, rumors of Chaos Marines are getting updated to match up against the new Primarus Space marines this holiday.

This couldn't be the worst time to buy more models!

Plaguewall

Post#4 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 am

I slide towards using Morty over Magnus, but I love the lore of Magnus as it resonates with my own silly decision making process...not that I've ruined the Webway.

The new SoD models are gorgeous, I don't play AoS but I'd probably get a few just to have because as I mentioned, I'm a plastic crack *****.

mjwrench

Post#5 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Mortarion and his deathguard has interesting lore. It's pretty straight forward in their transformation post-heresy, but still awesome.
Magnus's and his thousand sons lore is cool too and also made me grit my teeth because he foresaw Horus Heresy, warned the Emperor, and Emperor sends Leman Russ and his Space Wolves as punishment.. I would go Tzeentch too after that, just saying lol.